Not much going on in this mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

I chose the regular non-king start and at day 25  all I've been doing is fighting a couple of looter bands and collecting companions.  I've been to every country except Khergit and Sarranid lands and the only wandering parties I find aside from looters are huge invading hordes I would stand no chance against and one party of Dark Elf deserters.  Only three lords have had any missions for me; two "deliver messages" one bounty hunt and one collect taxes.  The Guild Masters all say they cannot offer me a job at this time.  The tournaments seem broken as I choose my weapons in the options screen and wind up fighting barehanded.

I remember having a great time in the older version of Phantasy Calradia.  You guys need to liven the map up a little.  More wandering parties for beginning levels to fight.  The other mod I'm playing lately, Warsword, is a thrill a minute from the get-go.

Thor Head said:
I chose the regular non-king start and at day 25  all I've been doing is fighting a couple of looter bands and collecting companions.  I've been to every country except Khergit and Sarranid lands and the only wandering parties I find aside from looters are huge invading hordes I would stand no chance against and one party of Dark Elf deserters.  Only three lords have had any missions for me; two "deliver messages" one bounty hunt and one collect taxes.  The Guild Masters all say they cannot offer me a job at this time.  The tournaments seem broken as I choose my weapons in the options screen and wind up fighting barehanded.

I remember having a great time in the older version of Phantasy Calradia.  You guys need to liven the map up a little.  More wandering parties for beginning levels to fight.  The other mod I'm playing lately, Warsword, is a thrill a minute from the get-go.

It's ironic, since about 1/3rd of 2016 Warsword Conquest is driven by my code.  Or perhaps closer to 27 %.
  Worse, I haven't made anything for Phantasy 2018 since May, when I put all my remaining time into fixing up 70,000 lines FROM HERE to export TO THERE.  But Nameless Warrior added 85,000 lines since 2016, including another 12,500 lines just since mid August. 

I'm thinking the 2016 Warsword Conquest you play is broken for bandit spawns, and pretty much only half of the bandit spawns work correctly for 2016 version.  This makes rather more looters, which you see labelled as cultists, as a total percentage of the bandit parties respawned. 

In terms of Phantasy, 13 different party types spawn, besides deserters, special parties you were never really supposed to tangle with early like crazy mage or the 3 immortals, and relatively fewer by number easy looters.  I think the issue for you is how do you fight the very early game, when you are personally weak but the parties of villagers etc you can hire easily are also weak.  Perhaps you have not been recruiting prisoners by talking to them one at a time to join your party, as you just aren't aware of the different mechanics.  I could give a long list of things you might try, but bottom line is its late and I have work early tomorrow so I'll leave it at:

You're right.  I might be right too, but actually it doesn't matter who is more right.  For you, one mod works and one isnt finished.  For me, neither mod is finished.  For someone else, Phantasy 2018 was never meant to be played the same as other mods - tournaments, quests, even the first strategies that solve every last other mod do little or nothing here.  But the mod isn't like other mods.  Maybe that's bad.  Maybe its a relief.  But nobody has the right to make you change your style of play.  Play whatever mod turns you on.  That's why Warband has hundreds of them -- all free.  What exactly does free mean to you?  To me, it means it wont buy me lunch.  For you, it means the dev wont buy YOU lunch. But, you're welcome to eat whats here, or to go across the street.  Its a free world.

Hey gsanders, I just wanted to follow up on this guys original post!

First of all I wanted to say Phantasy is amazing, but I feel like in your reply you may have missed a major point he made. I have currently spent around 20 days literally just teleporting from village to village and town to town asking for tasks, and no one seems to have any for me, and I am wondering if it's bugged at this point. I also chose a non-king start, but so far I have only had two missions pop up in twenty days of collecting an army and trying to find jobs, one being to hunt down a group of bandits, and one to bring cattle from another town. I check with every town I run into, but it seems like less than 5% of them have a job available.

Do you have any advice or insight as to why I'm having issues, maybe I'm playing the mod in a way it's not intended to be played, maybe somethings bugged, or maybe the pace is just much slower than I'm used to, I'd love to get your perspective on what's happening, thank you in advance!

I have not played this mod properly for a while so can't recall if I had the same problem, so please ignore this if it's wrong as I really have no real clue  :wink:

I wonder if your species vs the quest givers species would be a factor, I don't know if racism (speciesism?) has been coded in. 
I don't think its going to go too well for an Orc char grabbing hold of a poor Dwarven villager and yelling "Gizza Job mate!"  :facepalm:

Or perhaps you need a certain amount of renown, before quest givers take you seriously ?  If your having trouble finding winnable battles then it's going to take time before you get quests...

well, I just want to confirm the problem. I've been playing Warsword Conquest but stopped because of frequent CTDs I got in battles. Since I liked the fantasy settings though I looked for a similar mod and found this one. After downloading it from moddb and installing, I started my first game and after character creation went around on the map looking for some party to engage, this would be looters or deserters at first, but I did not find anyone, so after a while as the map looked oddily empty I thought to check what was going on and pressed CTRL+T to see if I can find anyone out there: I did not, the map was totally empty. At this point I decided to quit the game and check the forum to see if I was missing anything.

redwitch said:
well, I just want to confirm the problem. I've been playing Warsword Conquest but stopped because of frequent CTDs I got in battles. Since I liked the fantasy settings though I looked for a similar mod and found this one. After downloading it from moddb and installing, I started my first game and after character creation went around on the map looking for some party to engage, this would be looters or deserters at first, but I did not find anyone, so after a while as the map looked oddily empty I thought to check what was going on and pressed CTRL+T to see if I can find anyone out there: I did not, the map was totally empty. At this point I decided to quit the game and check the forum to see if I was missing anything.

Well i never had that problem with the latest patch(build), and the development has slowed down to a crawl due to the author helping out with the magic of warsworn conquest, so he will probaly finish it around next year?

Anyway NECROPRIEST FOR THE WIN

Back
Top Bottom