No option for multiplayer full campaign?(co-op or versus)

Users who are viewing this thread

isekai king

Recruit
Summary: Hi all this is my first post here. I have owned this game since day 1 on steam, I pre-ordered it to support the developer. I greatly enjoy this game. I am wondering is there ever going to be any way to play a full campaign with a friend using multiplayer?

I bought a friend this game last night and genuinely kind of want to refund it now after seeing how limited the multiplayer options are. The only options for multiplayer are short battle instances. I am shocked that there is no option to run an actual full campaign with a friend(s) as versus or with co-op.

With my play style I normally skip all the actual battles and let the AI do it for me. The part of the game that appeals to me is the grand campaign, not the battle instances..

Any input would be appreciated. If the developer is just dead-set against it being a feature, I can accept that answer. I am just looking for ANY guidance since I just spent money to buy my friend this game and am not even able to play a multiplayer campaign.

If this has already been answered in a different thread please just link the thread.

Thanks!

There is a mod in the works called bannerlord co-op but it's not even testable right now. However, their discord has a lot of people in it so community enthusiasm seems high. They occasionally have development streams.

I think the biggest issue with a co-op game mode is that it's unrealistic to expect the host to process everything that's happening in Calradia. What's more likely to happen is that if one player was to enter a town or interact with a party, every other player on the world map would teleport to where the map interaction is taking place, wasting precious time walking.

the coop mods probably have more active people developing the game than the main game does at this point, look at the competitions on their social media they are trying to outsource development as much as possible

Did you guys hear about or tried 'bannerlord online'?
link to mod: https://bannerlord-online.com/
random video about mod/lets play:

I think the biggest issue with a co-op game mode is that it's unrealistic to expect the host to process everything that's happening in Calradia. What's more likely to happen is that if one player was to enter a town or interact with a party, every other player on the world map would teleport to where the map interaction is taking place, wasting precious time walking.

What bannerlord online is doing: all worldmap movement is handled by host(some strong server i suppose but only cause it can have like 1000 players online at same time). Battles(at least when i played on release) are handled by client pc. For example: Me, flashn00b and Isaac Komnenos fight some bandits. Whoever was first to engage is the host for that fight. In the end of fight battle_host send info to server about who killed whom and server decide on rewards for each player. If host have sucky pc or unreliable inet fight might be bit bumpy.

Looking at mod mentioned above.. coop is surely possible. Just wait for TW to release server files. Mod mentioned above use some own netcode and coding to make it work. It uses modified old alpha/beta mp server files. With time I'm pretty sure coop will be here :smile:

On the topic of Bannerlord Online, I don't think it's a true co-op experience per say. Rather, it's more like an MMO where you have player-controlled peasantry mixed with the AI farmhands, as well as player-controlled lords who will battle for territorial control over the world map. I guess it has more in common with a PVP MMO than it does a co-op game.

Yeah it's an mmo but looking at it and what if offers I can imagine coop being here soon(tm). Just give modders all needed tools ^^

Back
Top Bottom