SP - UI News feed tabs

Users who are viewing this thread

Marbles20

Regular
Suggestion Summary:
With so many events happening in the game world the news feeds get extremely messy and some information seems to not be in it after it's appeared in temporary banners. The suggestion is to add tabs to divide out the news and let the player determine their primary focus (clan, kingdom, or world). Example image below:
mcSmLeP.jpg

Full explanation:
A lot of information can get missed with the current single feed system, especially if a player doesn't have the bubble system enabled. Allowing the player to determine if they only want to see clan or kingdom information would go a long way in keeping the player informed, while not having to keep bigger visuals on the screen. Certain events could even cause the respective tab to flash temporarily to let the player know something significant happened within the feed (ie clan member died, etc). The active tab would be highlighted as shown above whenever [Enter] is pressed. The tabs would dither or completely disappear when the news feed is not active to keep the campaign map relatively clear. There could also be an ALL tab for a player to get the single feed if they wanted everything together.

I realize there have been additions to show raids/sieges that are ongoing within the kingdom on the campaign map, but those visuals don't really show when said raid/siege started in relation to other events like the news feed would/does. It leaves questions like: Has the siege been going on for a long while? Will that raid probably finish before I can get there? Which kingdom is besieging/raiding?

I've also noticed a couple of things. Some banner information doesn't get put in the feed, which can be frustrating if I'm intensely trying to avoid an enemy or chase someone down and then miss the information. I've also noticed the feed gets wiped after certain events or loading the game. This can make it difficult to remember what I was going to do next if I was going to respond to an event that no longer shows up after loading. (this could just be a bug though).

yeah, there are to many messages coming in and you are just missing some important information...

i also would suggest some news log that have all world messages from the last 3-5 days. for the battle messages there should be another log.
sometimes i think, after i visit the town i will read the log, but the log is cleared by entering them....

i like, i support.

This was almost buried in the forum. At first glance this seems like a good suggestion, hopefully devs agree. If they don't exactly agree the way the OP suggested I think that something equivalent needs to be implemented.

I'll post my comment from another thread here:

I'm going to bring up a suggestion internally to add a new feed to the log panel. Additional to the current "All", there would be a "Favourites" tab and that feed would only show logs for the favourited items in the encyclopedia. That would mean you would favourite settlements, heroes, clans and kingdoms that you care about and see logs only for those items(we essentially show the history feed for those items anyway but for every encyclopedia entry in the game).

I'll post my comment from another thread here:
We will be getting something on this regard?
I recently played warband and found this suggestion would be good for keeping track of information given by npc's about trade and tournaments, for example.

Back
Top Bottom