news 1.37 Release 28/08/2011

Users who are viewing this thread

Damn, sorry, first time creating a torrent and I screwed it up.
I've gone though again and this time tested it to be working.

Brytenwalda137
-http://tinyurl.com/3n5wx9b

Brytenwalda graphic submod
-http://tinyurl.com/3hqfg6x

Brytenwalda 136-137 patch
-http://tinyurl.com/42ntybd

Sorry for the screw up.  I'll happily do this with every release, but PC and BT client is on 24/7 and I'll keep seeding for the foreseeable future..

Well, bugs should be prioritized, as I'm sure the devs know.  For example, the great wars that sometimes involve most factions can be annoying, but that's part of Diplomacy and the Warband game mechanic - and such wars were not unknown in that time period.  So fixing that, to me, seems less important than making Naval Combat work, making all the scenes work properly (doors, etc), and getting Freelancer compatible with Brytenwalda (that would add a whole new level of realism and immersion to the game).  Just my opinion.  Everything else seems to work great.  Even performance seems better in this version than in previous versions.

If people want to modify armors and weapons, add quests, or pretty up the game in various ways later, then that's fine.  Right now just get everything working perfectly.  That said, Brytenwalda is perfectly fun as it is now (it just has a few minor bugs - the only game breaker is naval combat because it makes assaults from the sea impossible).

cpkuntz said:
So fixing that, to me, seems less important than making Naval Combat work,
As far as i know, the guy who made this submod for Brytenwalda has no time to continue his work. So, he gave his code to somebody from Floris mod pack team, but Floris team is at work on their own 2.5 version. And might be that we will not see naval submod updated for very long time.

In that case, I really think that Naval Combat needs to be removed from Brytenwalda until the team from Floris mod can fix it.  Coastal assaults should begin from the land on the shore, not from ships.  Naval battles should go back to the old way.  Right now naval combat is just broken.

Well, Caer Manaw is still buggy because you can't enter it without destroying the Wall (the Gates are closed all the time).

Coming back from vacation I found a new version. Nice. Playing it for a week without issues. Even better. Great work :smile:

Just a hint: In Caer Uisc, the entry point for Cado needs to be added. I like this mad guy.

And one idea:Recently i read some scholars comments on the Beowulf text. I realised that Hrunting is seen as a treacherous gift. Perhaps the mythical weapons (and Hrunting in particular) should give a moral bonus but should be no effective weapons.

Nas Na Riogh arena is completely mangled....  might be a hard fix as well... :sad: *edit* 17 seconds after posting teh first time my game crashed. LULZ

hello I havent checked brytenwalda since early august and cant find an update from 1.35-1.36, although just 1.35-1.37 would be simpler,
And also a list of what is new in 1.36 and 1.37 would be cool  :cool:

v1.37 Official Release 28/08/2011

-Bugfix.

v1.36 Oficial Release 19/08/2011

-Bugfix.
-New Town scenes
-You can cook your food
-Arena in Lair (you need talk to your captain)
-Money for families in Lair (Robin Hood feature)
-New port scene and features for Towns with port.
-Spanish language added (thank to Arius)
-And something more...

Gerald1231 said:
Nas Na Riogh arena is completely mangled....  might be a hard fix as well... :sad: *edit* 17 seconds after posting teh first time my game crashed. LULZ
That arena is fixed for next version.

Is the new version\bugfixes coming anytime soon?
Don't want to bother you, I only ask to decide if It's better to wait or go on with a new game :smile:

Im new to this game, so I was wondering, why is my party limit so low, I tried changing my leadership to 10 but still its only around max 48 warriors. Plz help.

Back
Top Bottom