New weapons that you would like

Users who are viewing this thread

KnZ said:
Yeah, and don't forget about AK-47 and LAW too...  :lol:

Well, my list:
Morningstars/flails

throwing axes - you know, great damage, low distance :smile:

Shortswords

Spearthrower - a thing that helped to launch short spears; physically, it converted the type of move you do when launching spear from punch (javelin) to swing (spearthrower), and this means adding lever effect to your strike. Well, the tradeoff is lower accuracy... Or, to say exactly, higher difficulty of learning this skill.

Scythe - and battle scythe. First could be used by peasants, and the second one is a good combating weapon.

Half of this is already in the game :neutral: But a spearthrower would be epic... Sort of like atlatles :smile: 

SupaNinjaMan said:
You're obviously trolling. Katanas were made the same way for hundreds of years and were originally based on swords stolen from the Chinese.

The only reason the blade curves is due to using two different forms of steel, a high-carbon alloy and a low-carbon alloy, because their smelting process was flawed.

Direct quote from a traditional Japanese swordsmith said:
"The main purpose of fold welding work is to refine the primitive steel.
The raw material for a Japanese blade is very pure, but primitive. It contains slags and voids due to the low temperature reduction utilized by the traditional Japanese smelting process.
Blade smiths squeeze the slag out of the steel by a fold welding method."

I thought that real Katanas were state of the art because of the use of hard steel on the edges and softer steel on the inside making it sturdy and flexible... :neutral:

Europeans swords actually advanced technologically.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
This guy's right.

SupaNinjaMan said:
The only reason the blade curves is due to using two different forms of steel, a high-carbon alloy and a low-carbon alloy, because their smelting process was flawed.
The reason katanas are curved is because that way you can draw them from their scabbard and make a cut in one motion.
Like what this guy does http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzhs1Z8Rwnk

Berethorn said:
SupaNinjaMan said:
The reason katanas are curved is because that way you can draw them from their scabbard and make a cut in one motion.
Like what this guy does http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzhs1Z8Rwnk

lolno. That is just a welcome side-effect, but not the purpose.

The difference in the way the steels reacted to heating made them curve naturally. If you have an old analogue dial thermostat, it works using a similar principle.
08ha1,2b.jpg

08ha2c.jpg

08ha1c.jpg

08ha1,2c.JPG

Bobthehero said:
First one is not possible, second one is cool and the two last ones make no sense

For bannerlord physics on weapons and armor might be possible so I really hope flails and slings will be done.

Even though from a gameplay standpoint slings are basically throwing+

What about a new crossbow designed for horsemen. The main problem with crossbows in game is that only hunting and light crossbows are usable on horseback, which means crossbowmen have to choose between either the mobility of a horse or the hitting power of more powerful crossbows. Having a more powerful crossbow that can be fired and reloaded on horseback would be very useful. A horseman's crossbow would be equipped with a cranequin allowing it to be reload even when on horseback, which is something impossible for other methods of reloading crossbow with mechanical aid during the medieval times. This made cranequin equipped crossbows very popular for hunters. And no dout it would of been useful for mounted crossbowmen as they no longer have get off their horses to use their crossbows (like the mounted infantry of later periods such as dragoons) but can actually fight on horseback (like the horse achers of the Asian cultures)
Armborst_3%2C_Nordisk_familjebok.png

DT11560.jpg

Before people start screaming at you I'm calmly going to tell you that this has been suggested hundreds of times.

I want quarterstaves (they're fast, are easy to block with and while lacking on the armor penetrating department you cna use them to knock down enemies in order to smash their skulls if you're lucky.)Excellent for 1 vs 4 fight since oyu have plenty of room to strike, not soo good for acutla armies since attacks would just bounce off armor due to lack of momentum.

Also scythes and pikes. I want a pike formation supported by crossbows!

Back
Top Bottom