New weapons that you would like

Users who are viewing this thread

BHI-ATS-016.jpg

when we loot a village farmers must use this tools to fight

honestly, there should be a sword u can use on a horse with a shield that doesnt require you to almost run in your enemy with you horse. also a blade about a foot taler than the character, a doublhander used by doppelsoldners by the germans around this era

bloodymess17 said:
honestly, there should be a sword u can use on a horse with a shield that doesnt require you to almost run in your enemy with you horse. also a blade about a foot taler than the character, a doublhander used by doppelsoldners by the germans around this era

Both no. A sword that does not require you to close more than current blades would not be practical (also, I use sabres, arming swords and the likes without any problems, learn to ride with a horse)

A bidenhander would not be in the right time frame, and pike combat is not advanced enough as it is now to make it useful. You'd need a very advanced combat sim to make use of the primary techniques of a bidenhander.

Since we have sarranids....

I would like some swords like that in the game:
tip-e-arabe-e248b3.jpg

( I dont think that the sword in the pic is a real sword, but you now what I mean. )

Well...Sword like this would be heavy and not very useful. I think this is what a cartoon version of a shamsir/scimitar looks like.

Yeah, except the blade to hilt ratio is completely different. What I said - a cartoon version.

Ironically the blades you're talking about
A) don't really look like that (with the falchion end).
B) didn't originate from Saracen/Moorish cultures, but were adopted from Byzantine origins- they have the first traceable sabres in that theatre of war. They first majorly crop up in Sicilian manuscripts of post-Byzantine Sicilian militia.
So yeah, that form of sword-not so much.

Merlkir said:
Erm, who were you replying to, Blackthorn? I know scimitars don't look like that, but this with the falchion like blade is a popular mainstream view of "eastern" swords.
Talking about Byzantine swords, you mean the "paramerion"?

Anyway, here's a rather interesting thread on the subject:

http://www.myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?p=165985

Mostly to Karel, but admittedly, also somewhat talking to myself. :wink:
Yeah- that's the doozie. Couldn't remember the exact name, just remembered it -wasn't- the spathion. Therefore saying ''not the spathion'' didn't seem to be much use. :smile:

Blackthorn said:
Merlkir said:
Erm, who were you replying to, Blackthorn? I know scimitars don't look like that, but this with the falchion like blade is a popular mainstream view of "eastern" swords.
Talking about Byzantine swords, you mean the "paramerion"?

Anyway, here's a rather interesting thread on the subject:

http://www.myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?p=165985

Mostly to Karel, but admittedly, also somewhat talking to myself. :wink:
Yeah- that's the doozie. Couldn't remember the exact name, just remembered it -wasn't- the spathion. Therefore saying ''not the spathion'' didn't seem to be much use. :smile:

Oh, sorry, didnt see^^

That's not a big mace, in fact it looks impractically small. And I imagine flails would be liked, they're just still very difficult to implement properly.

Back
Top Bottom