New Ranking System in place (Gone down a rank? Look here to find out why)

Users who are viewing this thread

NordMann 2 said:
Hey, you got a life besides this forum. BLASPHEMY!! GET HIM!

meaningless.

argh said:
Wouldn't someone with a high post-count almost automatically be online a lot?

There's a general correlation, obviously.

However, it can vary quite a bit. (I used to be a Master Knight).

The idea of the change is that time spent on the forums, rather than posts, reflects the experience of the user. Also, in theory, it deters spamming but looking around general discussion, that doesn't seem to be the case.

That definitely clears things up cause i thought it went by posts but when i saw a recruit with 150 posts and a regular with 59 I was confused

Well, it certainly is interesting, but, like Ruthven indicated, there are still tons of GMK's who aren't worth reading.  Suddenly people who spend all of their time in OT appear significant in regards to the feedback that helped this game's development blossom into what it is.  Both systems don't seem to have any real meaning except to people who try to flaunt their veteran "status" on these forums.  Hell, even a custom sig only means a mod noticed you, not that you have made important contributions.

I guess my rank either went up or down, but I imagine most people will know whether reading my posts are worthwhile by whether they are appropriate or make sense, not by whatever my rank is.

-Grocat the Retroactively Ranked Regent

The best thing to do would be to go by the date a person signed up at.  :cool:

Well, nah, not really - I'm not keen on ranking systems on forums at all. I've always lurked on M&B's forum, just almost never post or even log in, for that matter.

This is retarded. "People grind rank by spamming, so let's make it even easier for them by implementing a system where all they have to do is set their browser on auto-refresh and leave it running in the background." :roll:

Ringwraith #5 said:
This is retarded. "People grind rank by spamming, so let's make it even easier for them by implementing a system where all they have to do is set their browser on auto-refresh and leave it running in the background." :roll:
Exactly. Auto-refresh doesn't post useless **** on the forum.  :roll:

Ruthven said:
Huh, I thought a lot of activity was a desirable thing to have on a forum. If it's off-topic in the wrong section, then lock or move it. If it's in the off-topic section, who cares? But hey, ain't my forum, so what do I care. :neutral:

I was thinking about setting up such an auto-refresh system. Until I realized there wouldn't be a point. It's just another e-peen contest. Oh well...

Ringwraith #5 said:
Ruthven said:
Huh, I thought a lot of activity was a desirable thing to have on a forum. If it's off-topic in the wrong section, then lock or move it. If it's in the off-topic section, who cares? But hey, ain't my forum, so what do I care. :neutral:
You realize that no administrator with half a life could possibly keep up with the spam on Taleworlds, right?  :razz:

With the opening of the Warband Beta, I've seen a number of "How do I become a *insert rank of your choice here* on this forum?" type of posts.

So, since I seldom see newer people go into the "website and community" board, I figured I ought to give this thread a righteous bump.

(And yes, I do know that this thread has been dead for half a year, but I'm hoping that an admin or a few will agree with the bumping.)

Well i'm happy that i found this thread , kind of remembered that some time ago ranking system changed but didn't not remembered how.
Weird thing is that i have been online at least  two days but still recruit.
Possibly it is because i sometimes get bored of MB and switch to other games and don't visit forums for several months but in actice periods read forum for hours and post at least 5 messages a day....

Hmm been member of forums about a year already...

:eek: Did not know that Belisarius
Probably underestimated the 15 minute power :razz:
I wonder if i scroll down the page will that count as activity , the page wont refresh in that time , but some post are so knowledgeable or big that u read them more than 15 minutes.
The new archer guide is that kind of post.

Wow, I think there are some people take this ranking system too seriously...

Anyway, nice heads-up.

heh, i will now just press f5 each 15 minutes, mwahahah

Back
Top Bottom