New idea for mod: early Rome

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tsubodai said:
Gothic Knight said:
Tsubodai said:
yh the Roman items are a later period than the one i'm interested in but they are very good and so for now i will use them

having really frustrating new problem with all the new items. they seem to vanish at the end of each day in the game (one or two at a time)

No problem, beats having vanilla items for the Romans. Here's a link to Faradon's items because he has a Kopis made in there and that can be used by Romans and Italians.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,85220.0.html

ah, just noticed the downlad link no longer works, does he have a new one?

& those pics from ur next post look nice. I'm not sure how to make helmets though. is there a item creator or something?

I'm not sure PM him. As for modeling, use Wings 3D, Blender, or 3DsMax.

Good luck with this mod!

I think their are to many mods that focus on the later Post-Marian and not the good old Velites -> Hastati -> Principes -> Triarii system.

Thanks Fenix_120

Btw does anyone know who I need to ask for permission as I want to put in Rome Total War and Gladiator music into this mod? Other mods have done this and I'm not sure if you need permission.

This idea might actually turn into something. will post some screnies soon to show the troops.
However I dont know how to make scenes or a map so if there is anyone interested in this post here.

Many thanks.

img.gif

wahey that works. thanks for the help.

Here are some soldiers. Credit goes to Lynores(HOWEVER HIS MODELS WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THIS MOD UNTIL PERMISSION IS GRANTED), Llew and Gothic Knight for their splendid models.

Featured: Gallic Chosen Swordsmen, Hastati, Principes, Triarii and Greek Armoured Hoplite
romemod.png

Tell me what you think

Give the Principes and Triarii Hamata. I'll eventually be making either an Etrusco-Corinthian for Triarii or Montefortino for Principes/Hastatii along with another item I finished that the Romans can also use. My update for my OSP will be bigger than the last one.

Have added cavalry and archers to Rome.
That means Rome and Gaul are complete. Am going to finish off Greeks and come up with something for Etruscans etc. (but have limited models for those factions) and will then release first version.

oh yh Gothic Knight: You're right hamata is more principes etc. armour but i gave hamata to archers and cavalry and want there to be differences from infantry (plus i just want to use the armor as its great). unless you have another idea for what the archers and cavalry should wear? (i'm not too sure, or do you think it would be better to give them all the hamata?)

also can someone help me out, how do you make new banners?

Roman Equites wore breastplates, linothorax, and lorica hamatas. As for Roman archers, I don't think there were any dedicated Roman archer auxilia until later on, and they used hamata/squamata.

Gothic Knight said:
Roman Equites wore breastplates, linothorax, and lorica hamatas. As for Roman archers, I don't think there were any dedicated Roman archer auxilia until later on, and they used hamata/squamata.

ok cool. I have some linthorax models from Lynores so will use those for the equites

will post new pics later

27703162.jpg
This is why I said they might have linothorax, but this is before the 4th Century passed. Roman Equites would have an Etrusco-Corinthian, Lorica Hamata/breastplate and a circular shield because they could afford to be protected.

ok. i only have a hamata and squamata and no lorica hamata. But i'll show you what i have (i realise the equites need a round shield and not the one i gave them [it was called cavalry shield, i kinda didnt think i just gave it to them]).
romemod2.png

Archer, Triarii
Equites

Lorica means armor. Hamata and Squamata are the right ones. For now, try giving the archer a copper helmet, and squamata. You don't have any Early or Republican Era helmets at all so there's your problem.

What are you planning, actually? At least the approximate list of features?
If you really want to make your mod "roman", you know, just renaming lords to legates and kings to counsils wouldn't help, so there is going to be a LOT of coding or it will be another medieval mod on the appenine map. Actually i believe 1/4 or even more of the native code has to be totally reworked - just if you're planning to get rid of "lords", "vassals", "fiefs", and to implement magistrates (most of whitch had nothing to do with combat). And that is not really enough i beleave: in early Rome setting you can't allow a player to get a personal army able to conquer the City just because he has renown over9000, can't let him to just "recruit" soldiers whenever and wherever he wishes to. To make the mod become "roman" you'll need some legal system, an ability to enforce laws. To make it feel like early roman, you'll have to remember about plebis fighting for their freedoms and their lands: that is - slaughterings on the Forum to make plebis forget about this stupid tribunes or plebean counsils ideas, recruitment refusals, and so on. And so on. Etc.

And that's almost a new game (well, actually no one says you have  to implement all you want at the first release - actually renaming lords to legates and repainting textures is enough for pre-release at least). So, if you're planning at least the half of those things or similar, i'be willing to help in coding. For the less Hegemony is enough, if you ask me. Wish you good luck anyway, M&B needs more roman mods, and your idea is great, really.

Lithuanian_Soldier said:
Well good luck with this one cuz there is a ****load of rome mods being developed hope this one will make it :wink:
Even the ****loads of rome mods is not enough  :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom