New Gaming PC for Empire, Shogun 2, and Napoleon Total War and Other Games

Users who are viewing this thread

thejack980

Recruit
Hello all I was wondering if this computer would be good enough to play Mount and Blade Warband (Of Course), Empire Total War (most likely with Darthmod Ultimate Commander), Napoleon Total War, Shogun 2 Total War, and Medieval 2 Total War.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------PC SPECS------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX550Ti 1GB ( DVI / Mini HDMI)

Processor: AMD FX-8150 / 3.6GHz; Mother Board: AMD 970 Chipset; Memory: 16GB DDR3 SDRAM (expandable to 32GB); Hard Drive: 1TB (7200 RPM) Serial ATA-III; Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

RAM: 16 GB

Hard Drive: 1000 GB

I'd get an intel and possibly a bit better video card unless your on an extreme budget or something.

What Kevlar? **** off with the cock waving, he wants to play Empire and Warband, not be able to run new games on Ultra for the next 3 years,

In fairness, I'd agree that an Intel would be an improvement in general. 2500k is prolly the best processor out there in terms of grunt to cost right now.

GFX card is fine really, though.

Sir Hitson Winsler said:
What Kevlar? **** off with the cock waving, he wants to play Empire and Warband, not be able to run new games on Ultra for the next 3 years,

http://www.hwcompare.com/9686/geforce-gtx-550-ti-vs-geforce-gtx-560-ti/

What, am I the ONLY one who future proofs?

http://www.geforce.com/News/articles/nvidia-geforce-295-73-whql-drivers-released

In the scene tested GTX 560 performance increased by an amazing 44.5%, allowing the mid-range card to make full use of Skyrim’s Ultra graphics options (285.62’s 27.6 frames per second rendered Ultra unplayable in indoor locations).

Some blokes don't have the disposable income to future proof too much. Yes what you suggested would be better, and as I said, I'd agree it could do with an intel (2500k, to be exact). However, the question was "would these specs run these games" and the answer is "yes".

Which is why I said if the price isn't set in stone :eek:

2500k is the best for its price though absolutely. Most of the time (at least in NA) there are bundles offered with motherboards and the 2500k, I seen one last night that saved you like $100 off with the pair.

If he's not on an extreme budget though, why the 16GB of RAM, just to play Warband/TW games? That's overkill in a can, right there.

He probably got a new PC, and wondered if he could play his favourite games, rather than building a PC to play those games.

Yeah, but that $50 could be put towards a better graphics card, like a 560ti, whilst still having more than enough RAM to do everything bar hardcore rendering and editing.

Back
Top Bottom