New battle terrain system and orders before the battle

Users who are viewing this thread

Sad to say, but the new battle terrain system and orders before the battle are complete crap (. Battles constantly take place on the same maps, which are already incredibly tired. Now I loaded the save 4 times: on the global map there is a bridge, I started the battle on on the global map on the bridge, in front of the bridge, behind the bridge, a little further from the bridge... and still the battle took place on the same battle map, on which there is no bridge, no river, not even a stream... The apotheosis of idiocy is the appearance of reinforcements during the battle in the midst of enemy troops ... And this was all tested on the beta version ?! Are you seriously?!
And why was the possibility of distributing units and companions in the formation on the squad tab removed? The old system made it much better and more accurate to create the necessary formations: it was possible to create a unit from companions, a squad of "suicide bombers" from unnecessary units, or simply those that you don't mind losing. Also, earlier it was possible to send several companions to one formation, so that after the death of one captain, another would take his place. And the new system of distribution of troops in the formation only made it less possible (.
I also consider it necessary to make it possible to prohibit members of my clan from transferring their troops to garrisons: they scatter valuable troops on unnecessary and alien garrisons.
On the basis of the above, I consider it necessary to return the old systems of respawning battle maps and the distribution of troops in the formation in the main branch of the game, and finalize the new mechanics for the beta version. Thank you for your attention.

Last edited:
Yes, it needs work. Some Strat map bridges aren't really there. the water course is too small I think. The strat map needs fixing.

In my game, I hold the Tyal region, most battles fought here usually is the "Swamp" map .. same map. Yeah, needs work. additional maps needed (not swamp)

BTW, most maps, especially settlements, are 10 / 10 excellent.

Last edited:
How many times we gonna have this thread?
Sad to say, but the new battle terrain system and orders before the battle are complete crap
It's clunky and needs improvement but it's not crap. Here's a video, I just want everyone to know what you CAN do with it and HOW. Not saying it's a perfect system and I've already put in a heartfelt suggestion topic about it.

I also consider it necessary to make it possible to prohibit members of my clan from transferring their troops to garrisons: they scatter valuable troops on unnecessary and alien garrisons.
Here's a secret ninja trick: Before the siege battle, talk your clan party leader and inspect their troops, slide them all into your own party, not when you enter the battle they count as your troops under your medic, then after, you parties have no troops to donate, because they're in you party! Make sure to put them back before you move or spend time waiting or you'll suffer penalties for being over party limit.

Here's a secret ninja trick: Before the siege battle, talk your clan party leader and inspect their troops, slide them all into your own party, not when you enter the battle they count as your troops under your medic, then after, you parties have no troops to donate, because they're in you party! Make sure to put them back before you move or spend time waiting or you'll suffer penalties for being over party limit.
This is all known. The old system allows you to adjust the troops better, thinner, but the new one did not give anything. Why it was necessary to deprive the players of the possibility of setting up troops, I can’t understand.

How many times we gonna have this thread?

It's clunky and needs improvement but it's not crap. Here's a video, I just want everyone to know what you CAN do with it and HOW. Not saying it's a perfect system and I've already put in a heartfelt suggestion topic about it.

Thank you friend, but this does not solve the problem itself: constantly transferring troops or or expelling clan members from the army will bother you very quickly (. In addition, clan members, when without an army, send troops to cities in which there are not enough troops due to a lack of money from another clan, and after a while, another clan disbands the same troops again, because it does not have enough money ... A vicious circle and complete idiocy

I don’t understand why introduce buggy and unfinished mechanics from the beta version of the game into the main version of the game?!

Canned response: we're in EA. They've given us "early access" to a game in development.

In this case... on this forum and others..."we" knew the systems were coming for months and constantly asked for them, where they were, why they aren't done yet... etc.

So they rolled them out, not quite finished to throw us a bone.

I think the troop sorting system works well. I have no problems sorting and I find it more flexible on-the-fly than the old system, which you had to micro in advance. I hate micro. It's boring.

The terrain system is only about 1/3 done. Early on they opted for a custom map system, rather than any sort of procedural generation. This makes for a lot of man hours to make and test the maps. But the maps end up being better overall once refined - it is also more realistic, as you can plan to fight an enemy on a particular map, as you would in reality. I find the Iltan/Tyal swamp map particularly good for anti-cav with it's swamps. Other maps on the plains are good for cav. It helps a lot.

They broke something that worked fine ... while not fixing other things that needed attention .. do you see the problem ?

Answer - "gooble. gobble, gooble, gobble .. we accept only us, one of us, one of us .."

LOL

I think the troop sorting system works well.
the troop sorting system works well for those who don't know which units are with shields and which are with two-arm weapons, or for someone who doesn't know which units he has with crossbows and which with bows ... Well, if someone with the above problems with the above, then no doubt the new system is just right for him... OK. But why was it necessary to deprive other players of microcontrol? Personally, my microcontrol did not take more than one minute. And why couldn't all these innovations have been previously tested and finalized on the beta version of the game? Or at least it is necessary to allow players to choose between systems in the settings.

the troop sorting system works well for those who don't know which units are with shields and which are with two-arm weapons, or for someone who doesn't know which units he has with crossbows and which with bows ... Well, if someone with the above problems with the above, then no doubt the new system is just right for him... OK. But why was it necessary to deprive other players of microcontrol? Personally, my microcontrol did not take more than one minute. And why couldn't all these innovations have been previously tested and finalized on the beta version of the game? Or at least it is necessary to allow players to choose between systems in the settings.

They seem to be using EA as beta testing... I'm ok with that. I can take the good with the bad. I'd rather be playing than waiting another 3 years...

And you can choose your game version on Steam. You can play any version you like. So if you're wanting to go back to how it was, pick your version and play that. Stay there until they've developed the new system completely.

They seem to be using EA as beta testing... I'm ok with that. I can take the good with the bad. I'd rather be playing than waiting another 3 years...

And you can choose your game version on Steam. You can play any version you like. So if you're wanting to go back to how it was, pick your version and play that. Stay there until they've developed the new system completely.
So this unfinished **** was introduced into the main version of the game! I'm still playing the main version. It's written above...

So this unfinished **** was introduced into the main version of the game! I'm still playing the main version. It's written above...

The main version of the game is still early access to a game in development. It is just the main branch of that development. I'm pretty sure there's a billion disclaimers about this stuff when you download it.

The main version of the game is still early access to a game in development. It is just the main branch of that development. I'm pretty sure there's a billion disclaimers about this stuff when you download it.
These are pathetic excuses, no one forced the developers to replace working mechanics with bugs and shortcomings. Why is there a beta version of the game? In order for all bugs and problems without fixes to be included in the main version of the game?!

These are pathetic excuses, no one forced the developers to replace working mechanics with bugs and shortcomings. Why is there a beta version of the game? In order for all bugs and problems without fixes to be included in the main version of the game?!
Your complaints, rants and feedbacks on new introduced mechanics are the point of being in EA. Pat yourself on the shoulder, you are doing it right.

They aren't excuses. That's reality. Beta is for stability testing. By the time a feature ends up on the main branch, the game is stable. I haven't had a crash in a year. But what the main branch does do, is enable developers to test new features with a large audience to iron out bugs before full release.

I know you want a polished game. But that's not the point. If you can't deal with that, you have three choices: Download an older version, wait for full release, or complain incessantly about something that you've misunderstood. So far, you seem to be opting for option 3. Maybe try one or two?

Back
Top Bottom