Nerf cavalry in Multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

what are you doing, shooting the hooves of a horse running away from you at full speed while walking backwards, using the weakest bow there is?
Cata horses can take damage from a bow in the mid teens and have 250 health. If you factor in misses as you aren't hitting a moving target at variable distance 15 times in a row that's a lot of arrows.

It can often take upwards of half your quiver to kill a horse without hunter. So no archers are not the solution to enemy cav unless they are defended by spears very well.
More often than not, there's more than one archer shooting at the horse. Try at least ten of them, and the need to aim will often dissipate since the sheer volume of arrows is such that not getting hit is impossible.

More often than not, there's more than one archer shooting at the horse. Try at least ten of them, and the need to aim will often dissipate since the sheer volume of arrows is such that not getting hit is impossible.
flashn00b locuta, casa finita. Of course it's not an issue with 10 archers against lone cavalry, i also can't deal as melee against 10 archers...

Problem is, there is too many cav, and one cav can kill many enemies with ease. I played some archer, and while i shoot terrible, archers have really easy time racking a lot of gold and can hold it's own in melee.

Right so you want half your team to go archers what a brilliant counter to cav

I agree with adding a class limit but no you dont know what your takling about
If the enemy team has a disproportionate number of archers, you are either an archer yourself in which case, click heads better or if insist on playing a melee unit, enjoy being a free kill. If you lose the ability to spawn as an archer if that unit type is being spammed, you're effectively removed from play due to your inability to do anything beyond "die to arrow spam"

You seem to think that somehow makes for a balanced game.

If the enemy team has a disproportionate number of archers, you are either an archer yourself in which case, click heads better or if insist on playing a melee unit, enjoy being a free kill. If you lose the ability to spawn as an archer if that unit type is being spammed, you're effectively removed from play due to your inability to do anything beyond "die to arrow spam"

Let me refrace. I agree with you that there should be a class limit but the rest you have said does not work or is plan bs. PS i have never Been a free kill Even tho i insist on playing inf, being a free kill is a skill issue

What gamemode(s) do you play that have this experience?

Who cares what happens in team deathmatch? No offense, but isn't it a casual gamemode anyways?
Considering that it's impossible to queue up (especially in North America), Siege and TDM may as well be the only modes in the game. Captain is being kept alive by community servers tho

I doubt we will ever see multiplayer ff on official servers.

But i wish they would enable reflective ff (but not typical reflective, but deal as much damage as the hit in exact conditions would deal TO YOU, not to friend you hit).
We did see it for a little while and it was bliss. It solved the horrible spawn issue, ranged spam, cancer blobs all in the flick of a switch.
It was the best week or so of bannerlord I have seen.

Hear ye, Hear ye, Lords and Ladies,

Gather round, for I bring forth a tale of valor and vexation, a saga that splits the realm asunder – the tale of the mighty steed and its iron-clad rider, known far and wide as the cavalry, or "cav" to those who've faced the thunderous charge of their hooves.

Oh, how the earth quakes and the hearts quake at the sight of the cav! With speed as their steed and might as their right, they sweep across the battlefield like a tempest, unstoppable, unyielding. "OP!" cry the infantry, "Unfair!" lament the archers, as they're trampled underfoot, their strategies and formations laid to waste by the cav's relentless fury.

And yet, amidst this clashing of steel and storm of hooves, there exists a band of unsung heroes, the sly and cunning backcappers. Ah, my friends, let us not forget these brave souls! With nary a horse in sight, they navigate the chaos, slipping through enemy lines with the grace of a fox, the cunning of a raven. Unlike the cav, they seek not to overpower, but to outsmart; not to demolish, but to outmaneuver.

Where the cav relies on brute force, the backcapper wields the subtle blade of strategy. Where the cavalry charges headlong, the backcapper dances in the shadows, capturing what is left unprotected, turning the tide without a single clash of swords.

So let us raise our goblets to these heroes of stealth and guile! For in a world where the cav reigns supreme, unchecked and unchallenged, it is the backcapper who reminds us that strength is not everything. That there exists a place for the quick-witted, the agile-minded, and those who fight not with the lance, but with the lamp of ingenuity.

With jest (and with honor ?),
A Bard of Battles and Believer in the Backcap

Back
Top Bottom