[NC] Nations Cup

The Nation's Cup tournament is a time-honoured tradition in the Warband community, so it would be inexcusable for there to be no proper Nations Cup itterations in Bannerlord in a skirmish format.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

[NC2021] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

sgbyCVa.png

SUGGESTIONS
If you have any question or you want to suggest something, feel free to do it here!

Last edited:
I thought that people were mostly against Nation's Cup happening with the current state of the game? Either way, how exactly do you plan to execute a single-elimination bracket? Seeding teams and then letting some of them die in the first round is going to eliminate players from competing and comparing with more nations in the tournament. What's the rush? Why do you want to speed up the tournament so much, why not let nations compete directly in groups, instead of seeding into single elimination and giving half the teams farewell after the first round? What's the benefit of a shorter Nation's cup?

Last time someone tried to host a nation based tournament on Bannerlord, it ended up in lots of defaults due to Poland being a clear victor of the tournament and during the previous stage of the game, almost nobody played except Germany, Poland and Turkey afaik, so I don't see a point in hosting a traditional group stage which would result in exactly the same situation where people wouldn't play and it would end up in the teams just giving defaults after 1 week or so, I'd rather to shorten the tournament initially. I wouldn't mind the group stage as well though, if there would be enough interest voiced about it.

Last edited:
Last time someone tried to host a nation based tournament on Bannerlord, it ended up in lots of defaults due to Poland being a clear victor of the tournament and during the previous stage of the game, almost nobody played except Germany, Poland and Turkey afaik, so I don't see a point in hosting a traditional group stage which would result in exactly the same situation where people wouldn't play and it would end up in the teams just giving defaults after 1 week or so, I'd rather to shorten the tournament initially. I wouldn't mind the group stage as well though, if there would be enough interest voiced about it.

Well, the thing is, Warband was already an overplayed record with mostly old players and somewhat closed community. I don't remember there being any problems with team defaults in the early years of Nation's Cup on Warband and IMO there wouldn't be any now. This is the first Nation's Cup in Bannerlord, we don't even have a clear victor, at least as far as I am aware.

Didn't realise you were talking about Bannerlord. Either way, what I said still somewhat stands.

Last edited:
This is the first Nation's Cup in Bannerlord, we don't even have a clear victor, at least as far as I am aware.

Didn't realise you were talking about Bannerlord. Either way, what I said still somewhat stands.
There was a nations cup before this one, and it was VERY obvious that POL was going to win it is what he meant

cuz the number of players in BL is even less than in Warband, so it makes no sense to forbid them to play together.
I don't know if this is the case for BL, but the reason people were so against BeNe in Warband was because Netherlands were perfectly capable of making a team, but Belgium were not. Ideally what should have happened was Belgium should have joined another nation that was also struggling for players.

As far as I know, Belgium could've make their own team aswell, but it wouldnt be able to field a strong enough team to compete with the larger nations, and friendships etc had been made.

Personally I'm against any alliance where a nation capable of of fielding a team comfortably is allowed to join someone else. Ruins the spirit of NC.

Back
Top Bottom