Native Compatible Role Play server to be aired soon, info inside!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got more details about the progress.

Right now we have tested most of the script, fixed most of the bugs, so we're almost there.

What's left for us to do is:

* Set prices for all items, create their descriptions.
* Make some map tweaks.
* Configure the NPCs.
* Finish the Tournament Arena script.
* Finish the extensive administrator system.
* Fix the last bugs.

Then we'll take one last look at everything, and we're done.

Lord Blueberry of Swadia said:
I got more details about the progress.

Right now we have tested most of the script, fixed most of the bugs, so we're almost there.

What's left for us to do is:

* Set prices for all items, create their descriptions.
* Make some map tweaks.
* Configure the NPCs.
* Finish the Tournament Arena script.
* Finish the extensive administrator system.
* Fix the last bugs.

Then we'll take one last look at everything, and we're done.
i guess this wil be native still? or will you need to downloade a file?
btw loves your work.

one question you enter the server out waht can you choise i gues out of swadia or rhodoks
then you spawn you make you ID and thats like that?
how can you choise you job
i readed something abount, you need to write it a chat. am i wrong plz react :smile:

greeting  :twisted: ELVISKEN  :twisted:

You guys need to get some of your historical stuff right on the forums. King Graveth did not succeed his father, Rhodok kings are elected by the nobility, they are not hereditary. And King Harlaus did not become king when he was young, and he was not the son of the previous king, he became king because he was popular with many of the nobles.

blitzking said:
You guys need to get some of your historical stuff right on the forums. King Graveth did not succeed his father, Rhodok kings are elected by the nobility, they are not hereditary. And King Harlaus did not become king when he was young, and he was not the son of the previous king, he became king because he was popular with many of the nobles.

You're really just nitpicking... and I'm actually a bit disturbed that you actually took the time to read up on all of this... I didn't even know Calradia had lore... I kind of just assumed things were what they were.

blitzking said:

Thanks for the corrections, the reports on our wiki are fixed. I tried to draw my sources from various threads, ingame dialogs and the warband-wiki I found and seemed to miss the election thing about rhodok kings (in fact, I misunderstood Kastors claim to rule. Thought that he would be the only one feeling that rhodok kings should be elected and that he stood against the heritage-rule of Graveth, rhodoks actually tried to avoid).

It would be nice, however, if you could show some sources of your knowledge about the warband-lore next time to underpin your statements. Also, if you've got anything else to add or feel that other things should be fixed, don't hesitate to offer your aid.

@bgfan
He may have been a little rude but the rhodock form of government is far from nitpicking, and its nothing disturbing with that he took the time to read up on this at all.

Bgfan said:
blitzking said:

You're really just nitpicking... and I'm actually a bit disturbed that you actually took the time to read up on all of this... I didn't even know Calradia had lore... I kind of just assumed things were what they were.

Serious roleplaying and lore usually go hand by hand, you know?

If you want to get your facts perfectly clear, talk to some of the claimants and rulers in game. That alone will often give you enough info.

I like the idea of having an organised RP, but shouldn't this be techinically counted as a mod? Also, can you simply play as a generic non-persistant character on the server? Say, a generic brigand?

blitzking said:
If you want to get your facts perfectly clear, talk to some of the claimants and rulers in game. That alone will often give you enough info.

I like the idea of having an organised RP, but shouldn't this be techinically counted as a mod? Also, can you simply play as a generic non-persistant character on the server? Say, a generic brigand?

A mod implies that is a modification of the game.

Nothing is being technically changed. It is native compatible.

^I see.

Karathorn, your **** still isn't right on the wiki. Fine, I'll inform you myself.

King Harlaus: Lady Isolla of Suno was the only heir and daughter of of King Esterich. After he died, she was supposed to become Queen, but instead Harlaus said that as a woman, she was unfit to rule, and that he being a male and Esterich's oldest relative should become king. He also had support of alot of the nobles.

King Graveth: Two nobles were contending for king, Kastor and Graveth, and the election was going to be held at a secret field in which no one was allowed to bring any weapons on pain of death. Kastor, who later claims to have been the more likely candidate, and the other nobles were there when Graveth arrived with an army and warned the nobles that a Swadian raiding party was on its way, and if they did not elect him king he would leave them to their fate. Graveth was telling the truth, and he saved all their lives, but he became king unjustly still.

Coy said:
blitzking said:

There is definately quite a lot of scripting and modding involved in this project, just not clientside.

This project is a fine example of a server side mod (and the first major one for warband, I believe).

Although I'm a bit worried about the negative side effect this might bring. A gamemode that relies on highly dedicated RP and players.. and then people just joining the server because it's full :smile: (example: DM servers as duel servers before  there was a duel mode.. that was no fun enforcing the rules :razz:)

Either way, looks like a marvellous piece of code, and I'll be very interested in checking out how some boundaries are bypassed :smile:

blitzking said:
Karathorn, your **** still isn't right on the wiki. Fine, I'll inform you myself.

Interesting way of 'helping' you have there...

Coy said:

You're quite wrong here, Coy. The thing with warband modding is that some changes to the game can be made only server side, this means that besides a map the player would not have to download anything to play on the server and use it's modified features. Some mods want bigger changes and in order to make them posible, a player will have to download a mod before he can play it, otherwise it will not work. Both are modding, but yea the difference should be clear from my explanation. So you can say there is some kind of line between native compatibility and in-compatiblity (not sure if that's a word), and Gulos and I did our very best to not cross it.

blitzking said:
^I see.

King Harlaus: Lady Isolla of Suno was the only heir and daughter of of King Esterich. After he died, she was supposed to become Queen, but instead Harlaus said that as a woman, she was unfit to rule, and that he being a male and Esterich's oldest relative should become king. He also had support of alot of the nobles.

King Graveth: Two nobles were contending for king, Kastor and Graveth, and the election was going to be held at a secret field in which no one was allowed to bring any weapons on pain of death. Kastor, who later claims to have been the more likely candidate, and the other nobles were there when Graveth arrived with an army and warned the nobles that a Swadian raiding party was on its way, and if they did not elect him king he would leave them to their fate. Graveth was telling the truth, and he saved all their lives, but he became king unjustly still.

I already fixed it that way and, surprise, read the ingame dialogs, too - so your "help" is not needed in any way, nor is your presence here in the thread or in our mod, smart ass.

Good Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom