Native Compatible Role Play server to be aired soon, info inside!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bgfan said:
if you RP it right, it certainly can be fun, however if you don't rp it at all I suppose it can seem quite monotonous. It's all about using your imagination.
I know.

That's why I wanted to know if you're able to interact with others and/or use commands (or at least the /me command) that do things which realistically would be possible to do while you're fishing... Because by looking at the video, I got the impression that his character was frozen in order to prevent him from leaving the place he started fishing at. Or maybe Lord Blueberry just didn't move. :wink:

Kittenhuffer said:
Bgfan said:
if you RP it right, it certainly can be fun, however if you don't rp it at all I suppose it can seem quite monotonous. It's all about using your imagination.
I know.

That's why I wanted to know if you're able to interact with others and/or use commands (or at least the /me command) that do things which realistically would be possible to do while you're fishing... Because by looking at the video, I got the impression that his character was frozen in order to prevent him from leaving the place he started fishing at. Or maybe Lord Blueberry just didn't move. :wink:

I thought it was pretty obviousy, anyway you can do anything really, except for moving more then 2 meters, if you do itll cancel the fishing.

Bgfan said:

whoever made your signature did an amazing job, i spent a good 2 minutes laughing out loud at bev's face, didnt even realise it was him lol

Leberecht Reinhold said:
So you can only fish if your work/profession allows it? The question is mainly for the "/on duty" that is seen in the video.

You can only fish if you have the items required to do so. These items come free with the profession of fisherman.

How do you do the interior system?  Do you warp players to another part of the map (hidden away from sight) where the interiors are?  I'm a map maker so I find this rather interesting.

hmmm... interiors are fully done in several mods. aka. brick project. So you just walk in and explore the entire place. Don't know the details. You might wanna talk with Arch3r or the guys from Battallion mod about it.

One advice, not to fall into the RP trap which i've seen in many many other situations.

Although the participants have the liberty and mechanisms to do whatever they wish, there must be a objective for everything, including the inter-character relations. You won't fish for several weeks just for the sake of it. So both players and GMs must work out plots in a weekly basis and a major plot in the long run.

This can be achieved with mini-games inside, such as a "hunt" week, some GM admin creates a character, and all population is advised to keep an eye on strangers, for a runaway rebel baron has escaped the dungeons and might have taken refuge in the area.

Despite the mechanics, all the lifeblood will come from players and GMs.

And yes, all eager to try out their RP skills :smile:

Gulos has finally returned from kicking science ass on the science olympiade he participated in, and the scripting on the mod has gone back to the full 100% power! From now on things will go pretty fast.

Even better news, Gulos has the whole next week free from school, he can spend every day all day scripting for 7 consecutive days. Great progress will be made in next week.

Lord Blueberry of Swadia said:
steamchat said:
Gulos: i hope that at the end of next week we'll have a fully functioning beta stage rp server
Lord Blueberry of Swadia: *jizzinmypants*
Gulos: not 100% sure that we'll make it, but i'm pretty confident lol

That's great news! Will we be able to try it? Pretty please?

Also, have a

Recruit Szaaf, a 4 hour old member of our clan, just donated 400 euros!  :shock: This means that we will be able to run the server on our new hardware, from the beginning, obviously resulting in even better server performance on all fronts. Hell yeah!

Lord Blueberry of Swadia said:
Recruit Szaaf, a 4 hour old member of our clan, just donated 400 euros!  :shock: This means that we will be able to run the server on our new hardware, from the beginning, obviously resulting in even better server performance on all fronts. Hell yeah!

Darned cradle-snatchers.

:shock:  Holy hell... Hey Szaaf, interested in joining a clan known as KnightsofTheBgfanNeedsMoney? We need donations of $10,000 or more. Donate directly to my paypal account, and don't be surprised if a server never springs up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom