Nations Cup 2015

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlackTide said:
If one player does not like what another player is saying then they are advised to mute them.

lmao nice rules
gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

also including frosty battle with no changes to the hills is a bad joke

As stated above the map pool is not near to be final. We are still open to any map suggestions and overhauled map designs.

RobinWar said:
Shariz village was cool tbh

It was a well made map but like Village and Vendetta it suffered from giving too much advantage to one side. Whoever controlled the central tower owned the middle of the map and could deny the other team access to the flag at the opposite end of the village.

I can live with Vendetta even though I think it's not a particularly strong map. Frosty Battle on the other hand is awful. Any chance of it getting removed? Really felt like it was not missed in the slightest this WNL.

I also thought FBTR with the flag moved actually played out in a far more interesting and balanced way than it had previously so I'd like to see that added back in.

Nice, finally the thread is here!

I really enjoy Vendetta, but I can see where the "unbalanced" arguments are coming from. I think replacing Vendetta with AZAN's new version of Nord Town would be a great way to edit the map pool.

Frosty Battle is honestly not really a great map, but there would be one thing that would make it a lot better: if the flag between the outer ruin in ruins and the barrelhouse is moved to, for example, near that ruin on the other side of the map, the map would become a lot more interesting. I believe this is worth a try.

Also, Field by the River is a good map with the recent flag position change, so I would love it if it could be added to the tournament. I feel that most of the players that dislike it, dislike the fact that it is so open and thus heavily favours cav teams. I feel that the adaptability this map requires, is also an important skill that teams should be able to show to be able to claim that they are the best team in the world.

Yeah, we shouldn't forget these maps are called "open" for a reason. The recent trend regarding open maps, except for Azan's Desolation Valley, is that they are more mixed than open. I'd really appreciate it if you could have another look at Field by the River and Desolation Valley, and get rid of Frosty Battle or at least fix the madedges.

The current map pool was simply copied from last year's tournament.
We have very well heard the feedback concerning Vendetta and Frosty Battle and are currently working on a proper solution.

Thank you for all the feedback so far and keep an eye out for the Captain application thread as well as the new sub-board, which will hopefully come within the next days.

I would like to play these maps in NC 2015:

• [list type=decimal]
    [*]Fort of Honour
    [*]Mountain Fortress
    [*]San'di'boush
    [*]Vendetta -> Raven's Nest
    [*]Verloren
[*]
[list type=decimal]
[*]Inconclusive -> Field by the River
[*]Frosty Battle - with fixed map edges (no need for moving flag to upper ruin imo)
[*]Reveran Village
[*]Ruins
[*]Inconclusive -> Desolation Valley
[/list]
[/list]

Look at them, they all can play :cry:
There was a map by Azan sarranid-themed which seemed very nice

Both Dry Valley and Goldrush (my previous 2 open maps) both had issues in terms of visibility. Rangers could see too much of the map from some positions. With desolation I reduced that by including more blocking elements, even though it looks more open the lines of hill, castle and village all are placed to cut off line of sight so no single position is dominant.

EDIT: Pics from Nord Town v1.2

2FEFA474F9A27EB2E3EEFA7A2EBEEC4966583C6B

6F1DADE0F6A057C7D3A580C199E977593F4A5D9B

50C76BCE456B6311435E3CF2A0E65F720AA300C4

74809B742263122FA6724FE3E47B691CF1DBDC12

0003D8AC69E5B2E18FF8B2C3B66B9A48F271F043

516CB1E21E877C30A6DC55348DB6C6338B20F7E9

Rhade said:
Still using that archaic static ruleset of only playing a set number of rounds instead of first to and counting overall wins?

gl hf
Yeah it's a shame. The ruleset could do with some change and this would have been a good chance to experiment.

Still should be a great tournament. I can't wait to stream it!

Can you still basically control 2 1/2 flags by camping ruins on Frosty battle?

Also the new Nordtown should be looked into.

PS Vendetta ancient map... needs a change or something to spice it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom