In Progress NA Skirmish servers ping spike consistently

Users who are viewing this thread

The last couple days we have noticed the ping on NA skirmish servers will go from 15-20 to 120-150 suddenly for about 10 seconds or so, maybe every minute or two. It's VERY annoying and totally throws off our timing and combat. My buddy who lives a half hour away gets it as well, I can see it when you TAB ping will go from 20 to 140 suddenly and hover around 140 for ten seconds, seen it happen to him and a few other people as well.

I checked my ping on a third party browser site and its fine, and ping in discord remains steady. Never have issues anywhere else or any other game. Also the NA siege servers dont seem to work that well, still crashing halfway through game.

Yep many experience this issue. Its weird because it selects a few players at a time in the server and you see their ping spiking nothing to do with their internet provider. If they go into tdm it goes away immediatly. This is an issue facing NA servers on skirmish only. The NA servers are causing a lot of weird issues like the lag registry post I have also. I was getting this weird spiking ping bad today from 40 to 155 and I checked my internet and packet loss elsewhere and it was fine. Was only in NA skirmish that it was randomly happening to me and some others.

Yep many experience this issue. Its weird because it selects a few players at a time in the server and you see their ping spiking nothing to do with their internet provider. If they go into tdm it goes away immediatly. This is an issue facing NA servers on skirmish only. The NA servers are causing a lot of weird issues like the lag registry post I have also. I was getting this weird spiking ping bad today from 40 to 155 and I checked my internet and packet loss elsewhere and it was fine. Was only in NA skirmish that it was randomly happening to me and some others.

You're 100% describing what I and a few other friends have been experiencing. Servers or something to do with the game is VERY janky and not right at all. I have been online gaming since online gaming began, I know what when its a server side issue.

I don't know whats going on with the NA server providers but I think a ton of issues are stemming from there. I don't know if the deal went to someones cousin or what but they are going to lose their NA multiplayer playerbase if they don't put some of the E.A. $ into solving the NA server issues people will leave and they will lose their initial momentum for multiplayer. I really hope they can figure it out and fix it. This issue plus the lag registry issue. I can atleast give them a timeline when the lag registry issue started obviously on 4/24.

The game is amazing. NA players love multiplayer mount and blade, we gotta get some server love before the players walk away. It sucks to have the great game undercut by server stuff.

I don't know whats going on with the NA server providers but I think a ton of issues are stemming from there. I don't know if the deal went to someones cousin or what but they are going to lose their NA multiplayer playerbase if they don't put some of the E.A. $ into solving the NA server issues people will leave and they will lose their initial momentum for multiplayer. I really hope they can figure it out and fix it. This issue plus the lag registry issue. I can atleast give them a timeline when the lag registry issue started obviously on 4/24.

The game is amazing. NA players love multiplayer mount and blade, we gotta get some server love before the players walk away. It sucks to have the great game undercut by server stuff.
Amen to that. I already have a friend that got a refund on the game since it was unplayable online. We have been multiplaying Warband for years and years. I am also tired of hearing excuses from Devs that it is our connection or our PC. Give me a break, my connection and PC are just fine in every other game.

I really think its just the NA servers. A lot of the devs arent from NA so they arent playing it day to day to experience it. I understand them wanting to make sure its not from our end like we are being fools with our own internet issues, but when someone that plays warband for 1,000's of hours and other games and knows howto check their internet speeds and packet loss is telling them alongside many others then its the servers fault. There is clearly something wrong with the NA servers. I don't know what company they are using but I would call them because its really undercutting the multiplayer experience. I noticed a massive jump in quality with the registry of hits/throwing weapons landing from 4/23 to 4/24 thats how bad some of these server issues are in NA.
It's kindive a scary thought that multiplayer may lose its momentum and die in NA before its even gotten going because of server issues. Hopefully its adressed and better moving on because I want the NA multiplayer to have a large community so I can make custom maps for it like in warband.

Devs should listen to this guy Tomgreen he knows what he's talking about

I just ran independent ping tests on https://www.meter.net/ping-test/ and checking into the New York servers I was averaging about 20 each test after 5 tests in a row.. I am in central NJ and that should be what my ping is. I ran it on Dallas and it was about 55, which also makes sense. I was just playing NA skirmish and my ping in the second game I play is.. 135?? My buddy lives a half hour from me and hes at 30... and the other day it was the other way around, I was around 30 and hes like 140... I disabled my firewall totally and also gave every permission I could think of to Bannerlord... still nothing.

I can't play the game at 140 ping, it makes everything feel so sluggish and throws my timing off.. .it gives you a severe disadvantage in a game like this that relies so much on timing and speed... and I KNOW the game is supposed to be running around 40 50 ping max... it used to run at 20 or 30 on Warband and Napoleon all the time. My PC and internet run Call of Duty Warzone and Apex Legends just fine... it runs World of Warships without any ping or crash issues... so?

Yes i am from NA, Florida to be exact and my ping behaves the same way as explained above. It really hinders the game enjoyment experience.

I noticed a massive jump in quality with the registry of hits/throwing weapons landing from 4/23 to 4/24 thats how bad some of these server issues are in NA.

Nothing related to our service provider has changed on that day. We are using same service provider since Beta and EU servers are also from same provider. Although I cannot say definitely, it is very unlikely that there is an issue on our provider's side.

Nothing related to our service provider has changed on that day. We are using same service provider since Beta and EU servers are also from same provider. Although I cannot say definitely, it is very unlikely that there is an issue on our provider's side.
Then it was the update itself. The game never had these lag registry issues where swings and throwing weapons on multiplayer would go right through enemies. Now it happens 40% of the time you throw a throwing weapon right through dead center enemies. That started on 4/24. It's something you guys should really look into because the mulitplayer experience got severely downgraded, so much so that it's making me and others want to walk away if its never addressed its just a ridiculous downgrade.

The amount of times I've had throwing weapons going right through center body on players this last week is infuriating. It wasn't like this before 4/24 update/day so you really should look into that. Because its so infuriating its a massive turn off to want to play anymore. The games great I hope you devs figure out the registry issues that have come up in multiplayer because it undercuts the experience and veteran warband players like me are getting turned off by it and playing less and less.

Just wanted to let you know the game is still lagging like crazy in NA Skirmish. Sometimes one random person will get 150 ping 130 ping when they usually get 16 it happened to me, it happened to a buddy, and also the server completely crashed on everyone tonight around 11:05 pm EST.

Don't even think people play NA siege anymore after it crashed so many times and won't load.

Just wanted to let you know the game is still lagging like crazy in NA Skirmish. Sometimes one random person will get 150 ping 130 ping when they usually get 16 it happened to me, it happened to a buddy, and also the server completely crashed on everyone tonight around 11:05 pm EST.

Don't even think people play NA siege anymore after it crashed so many times and won't load.

I have forwarded it to relevant team. I checked it again and again. And I am sorry but it doesn't seem like there is an issue with NA servers specifically. If team working on game server says that it might be, I will request a detailed inspection from our service providers.

How can we help you figure this out? I am telling you something is up. If its not the servers then its SOMETHING with the game. And yeah, every now and then in games servers crash, that happens in every online game ever. But these servers, especially the siege ones for a long time, crash way more then just the occasional instance.

Also, the thing with the ping spike is very strange. I can only describe it to you as this, you can play 1 game of skirmish, have 16-20 ping and it feels great. Then you get in the next game, and your ping is 130... and it feels more like 250... and everyone else is at 20~ or so... at first I thought it was something on my end then my good buddy that plays with me had it happen to him. It's a recurring problem. If you exit out and restart the game, get into a match and its fine, 16 ping again. The game is unplayable with that amount of lag though, I was literally seeing swings of axes go through people, or they were swinging through me, it is major lag. I know Tom Green has posted about it on the forums with the "hit detection" thing. I just hope everything gets fixed up in this game because I love Mount & Blade.

Just wanted to add my experience here.... Not getting spikes in ping but a consistent high ping on NA servers (300+), from California... Oceania servers I get 160ish ping, which is normal. Haven't played in a few weeks so not sure when this started for me.

I would bet my life savings that this problem exists Azakhi but it's not a consistent problem. Maybe its due to covid related traffic to the NY server so sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't, but this is a very real problem that seems to target a few players in skirmish at a time and make them get some stupidly high ping spikes that isn't due to their internet at all and fixes when you hop into another game immediately.
The way people have described it lines up exactly with others so its not a fluke or "it's just their internet". I'm pretty sure NightC2win said he is from NY and even he is getting this issue. It's a real thing that happens. We aren't just imaging these problems. If all the people with 250+ skirmish wins that are veterans are saying there is issues it's not just in our heads we know the game well enough by now and are comparing it to when its working fine.

I would bet my life savings that this problem exists Azakhi but it's not a consistent problem. Maybe its due to covid related traffic to the NY server so sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't, but this is a very real problem that seems to target a few players in skirmish at a time and make them get some stupidly high ping spikes that isn't due to their internet at all and fixes when you hop into another game immediately.
The way people have described it lines up exactly with others so its not a fluke or "it's just their internet". I'm pretty sure NightC2win said he is from NY and even he is getting this issue. It's a real thing that happens. We aren't just imaging these problems. If all the people with 250+ skirmish wins that are veterans are saying there is issues it's not just in our heads we know the game well enough by now and are comparing it to when its working fine.

I am not saying there isn't an issue. I am saying that I did my part and waiting for game-server team to look at it. Believe me, I want this to be resolved as much as you.
Our servers on NA are dedicated servers with only application running on them is ours and they have guaranteed bandwidth allocated to them. I don't see why would Covid-19 traffic affect our servers but you are more than welcome to show otherwise. Could you please run this test for your whole session, not 5-10 minutes:

1. Download this program https://sourceforge.net/projects/winmtr/
  2. Once it is downloaded, run WinMTR.exe either in WinMTR_x32 or WinMTR_x64
  3. As host address, enter one of the following depending on your region (exactly as written here):
    • Europe: speedtest-ams3.digitalocean.com
    • North America: speedtest-nyc3.digitalocean.com
    • East Asia: speedtest-sgp1.digitalocean.com
  4. Start the program and let it run for your whole Bannerlord session
  5. Stop the program and using "Copy Text to clipboard" button copy and send the result to me.

Don't worry about it affecting your network performance, it sends packets with negligible size.

The issue happens randomly. Every few days I've experienced it on NA skirmish. Can go away from 1 match to another.

Back
Top Bottom