My Musketeers, Reiters and Pistoliers of Pendor

Users who are viewing this thread

Soz if this is not cool, but i effing love this mod, best mod i ever played on any platform for any game. Thanks SaxonD, MV, MM, noosers, mp, Fawzia and the rest of the heroes. You guys have given me something that i've probably played for over 700 hours all for free.

I am loving the new update and after my third campaign i decided to spice things up with the addition of some steampunk truppen. I'm roleplaying it as the Mettenheim having stuff like Steamtanks and muskets. I added muskets, bullets and pistols with the correct smoke effects  :cool: (the smoke comes out of the correct part of the musket and pistol) and the correct sounds (this took way way too long for a noob like me) but only to the cheatmenu - i havent added them in game for parties - just me and my compadres for now. Not OP i hope - similar damage to arbalests. Obviously had to add firearms skillz.

I used Morgh;s tools, the modular system,  Flintlock OSP, L'Aigle assets, but i havent added any outfits yet - i need something flamboyant with flamboyant headwear so any suggestions would be great. Anyway here's Wonderwall/some screenshots:

9AF67DF4923CA14FF5A3A8172987847FCF481846

Fred's the head of my infantry and he is reloading here.

3EE6C258FE3BB08AAD2218B459DAB26E5168B0E5

i added more smoke effects because i like the billowing smoke, once i join the two rank file and fire i cant see sh** for a few seconds

8A8C0BE5638377DDB558131F72B782E992C866AE

I am firing blind into the smoke and it takes a bit to reload - i might make the muskets a bit more OP and increase the reload times so i can command my musketeers to fire on my command - like volley fire in that super sexy Sean Bean vehicle Sharpe's Company.

I've also added Reiters (horseman with pistols much less damage). I have "merchandised" these items so they should appear in shops, does anyone know if they will be available for a custom knight order - or does that have different parameters?

Hope you enjoyed, but please delete this if it is any way inappropriate - i love you guys too much to cause any offence. Peace and love.

You're playing as Mettenheim and you're mounted? Blasphemy!

Seriously though, I like what you've done here, it's fun to imagine how the nations of Pendor would be shaped in 50-100 years.

So long as you don't post it as a sub mod I think we're cool. As far as I know adding firearms to merchandise won't give them to your CHKO.

You should release this as a sub mod when you get the guns into shops :grin: so people that suck at this stuff can just swap files and have guns  :oops: id like it  :ohdear:

Yawdar said:
You should release this as a sub mod when you get the guns into shops :grin: so people that suck at this stuff can just swap files and have guns  :oops: id like it  :ohdear:

Unfortunately, M0rdred has said that its not allowed as a submod. I guess because the author used assets from other mods.

But I would like to know how this was done, I can add a sword or armor into the game but a musket is a whole different level. I have a firearm ingame, but it lacks sound and smoke :sad:

And before somebody asks why I would do this, its simple.
This mod is the best there is for Warband, there are many good mods out there for Warband but I always come back to Pendor and especially since its the most stable mod I tried so far

But after at least 5-6 playthroughs in the last years, I just want to try something new. I dont want OP lulz weapons, I just want a Pendor with Firearms :smile:

you guys can obviously modify your own files to add these effects using resources available here at Taleworlds, but i dont want to post anything else in case it annoys the devs, the same guys that have given me endless hours of fun through their hard work and dedication. i love them too much to stab them in the back. If you pm me i can walk you through it.

I wanted to add muzzleloaders to PoP because PoP is far and away the best mod for WB available. It increases the enjoyment for me.

I am currently working on adding a "pan flash" to the side of the gun with sound so it sounds and looks more like a flintlock - the flint ignites the priming powder in the pan which goes through the bore hole and ignites the main charge in the barrell. I think i can extract a decent code out of module.py.

Also thinking of adding a blunderbuss, but i need to figure out the hit markers so it spreads like a shotgun but that may mean messing with animations/skeletons/meshes again. No point in having a boomstick without the boom, but i'm pretty sure its beyond my reach

Heinz Solo said:
you guys can obviously modify your own files to add these effects using resources available here at Taleworlds, but i dont want to post anything else in case it annoys the devs, the same guys that have given me endless hours of fun through their hard work and dedication. i love them too much to stab them in the back. If you pm me i can walk you through it.

I wanted to add muzzleloaders to PoP because PoP is far and away the best mod for WB available. It increases the enjoyment for me.

I am currently working on adding a "pan flash" to the side of the gun with sound so it sounds and looks more like a flintlock - the flint ignites the priming powder in the pan which goes through the bore hole and ignites the main charge in the barrell. I think i can extract a decent code out of module.py.

Also thinking of adding a blunderbuss, but i need to figure out the hit markers so it spreads like a shotgun but that may mean messing with animations/skeletons/meshes again. No point in having a boomstick without the boom, but i'm pretty sure its beyond my reach

Oh man, I want to play that!

I implemented the muskets myself now, although with another smoke effect (I found one in the OSP section) and I have to say its quite fun.

I am the rightful heir to the throne of Pendor and not only do I return from the shadows to unite the land, I bring with me weapons of great power which I acquired in a distant and foreign land!

They are not OP, as they are quite slow to reload and have less accuracy but do more damage then normal crossbows. For me its more about the "atmosphere" of musket fire/smoke and the roleplaying aspect then a gameplay advantage.
Is there a better argument for me being the king of Pendor then having "demonic weapons of great destruction and terror" to subdue the enemies of a united Pendor? :grin:

But I am stuck on getting these things into the merchants inventory, haven't  tried to get them into the CHKO yet.

@Devs Is PoP using a custom script to refresh the merchant inventories? I could not find the native script for this in the PoP module. Because then I need to write a custom script instead of extended the native one.

without uploading any files, are we ok bullet pointing what we did delta_02_cat in this thread? they are pretty simple nooby things, i had no idea how to mod warband until a week ago, so i'm pretty sure anyone can do it.

btw, what sounds did you use in the sound folder? I got mine from the Warwolf mod. Also, did you find any OSPs which had pan flashes as well? It would save me having to try and implement it myself.

Heinz Solo said:
without uploading any files, are we ok bullet pointing what we did delta_02_cat in this thread?

I don't see why not. We're in favour of the fair exchange of information, just not posting up other people's work without permission. Just be aware that any changes you make will not be supported by us (in case you run into difficulties).

lol thanks M0rdred. I've realised now that you cant improve your firearm skills with a qualis gem, nor will your CKO troops you've given a musket to have their firearm skills improve when you send a companion to improve them/through your constable guy.

I did this a week ago so hopefully i remember this right. before you **** around with this, i would recommend having a fresh PoP folder as a backup. I am the most slovenly man i know, i wear the same pants for several days and do my tax returns drunk (otherwise i cba to do them) but even i keep a PoP backup. If you Britta a folder, just copy and paste from your backup and start again. This is going to be a rambling piece of ****, so bear with me, hopefully someone will clean it up for me.

What a man needs is the Flintlock OSP and any other resources from mods you like. Any guns you like the look of. But remember, the Flintlock OSP uses animations that can be used with native (look in the native actions.txt and you'll see pistol/musket reload animations already in there. If you use another mesh the hand might not grip the barrel correctly. I think this was done by the Warband devs originally as a proof of concept. You also need a sound.ogg file (or several) or wav file or flac file to represent the sound of the gun. Native already has a pistol sound which a musket also uses, and some smoke effects already implemented.

We'll do the basics first and use the Flintlock OSP. You are also going to use Morgh's tools and OpenBRF.

1). You are going to add a musket to PoP. A basic knowledge of Morgh is good, but its easy to figure out. Just click add new item and copy whatever. Now you are going to add the musket stats. What is easier to do is look at the itemskinds1.txt for other musket mods and see that you need to check the correct boxs like "musket", "primary", "secondary", "shoot musket", "reload musket", "carry like spear", etc and the stats you want - again looking at other mods' itemkinds.txt in morgh will help you balance them out.

2) Remember to keep updating as you go along. Now the bit about meshes top right. Copy and paste the flintlock rifles.brf into your PoP resource folder. Open the flintlock.brf using OpenBRF to have a good look at it and copy the name of the mesh (in this case flintlock_rifle_1) and paste it into the morgh box top right and click update underneath it. Now it should use this mesh. Whilst you are here, look at the bottom and see that it says "triggers" this is where you will add the sound and smoke effects - BUT i find morgh's a little unreliable for this - even he says so- so we will go into itemkinds.txt and manually edit it in after having a glass of whiskey.

3) update and save and it will make a backup of your itemskind folder. Now go into the updated itemkinds folder and find your new musket - at the bottom probably. After the line you will two zeros like this:

now highlight the two zeros and paste this code:

-51.000000  4 600 1 1152921504606847102 720 2 1 0 721 2 1 139 1969 3 1008806316530991133 1 15

I got this code out of the module python system so it should be right. Most PoP things in the itemkinds folder dont have any triggers, just the two zeros, so to make sure you have done it right, look in the native itemkinds folder and look for pistol (ctl+f pistol) and your code should be formatted in the same way. This code is different to our code so we are just looking at it to make sure **** is done right. Save the folder. We can add the gun sounds later - if i forget about them, just prompt me because i may be a bit drunker than when i started writing this.

4) go into your module.ini folder and add load_mod_resource = flintlock_weapons at the end of the txt file. save it. now the PoP will load the flintlock OSP brf. But what about the textures you say? if you dont add textures your rifle is going to be blacker than my wife's heart. EDIT - WHILST YOU ARE HERE make sure you change the firearm skills = 0 to 1 so you level up when shooting bad guys.

5) add the textures from the flintlock osp - the relevant ones for your flintlock_rifle_1 mesh by copy pasting into your PoP texture folder. maybe mix yourself a 7&7. its not a girl's drink no matter what she says. if you havent got 7 up i use sprite.

6) you'll need to add bullets. do this in the same way as above and use the mesh from the native's brf. i think its called weapon_meshes1.brf or weapon_meshesb.brf - use Openbrf to check - make sure you use the correct mesh name in morgh's - i think its cartridge_a, but i dont remember since i use another mod's meshes. Use native's itemkinds in morghs to see what you need to click and unclick. (as a side note, i find that the native mesh doenst have the full bullety hit box effect so thats why i use L'Aigle mod's bullet mesh)

7) now you are wanting to try your badboy out, but you open cheatmenu and the damn thing isnt there. so you are going to mess more with the occult and edit some files in your menus.txt folder so it shows up. you do this by finding this:

menu_cheat_find_item 0 {!}Current_item_range:_{reg5}_to_{reg6} none 4 2133 2 72057594037927941 144115188075856167 2120 3 72057594037927942 144115188075856167 96 2110 2 72057594037927942 288230376151712911 2106 2 72057594037927942 1 3
mno_cheat_find_item_next_range  0  {!}Move_to_next_item_range.  6 2105 2 144115188075856167 96 4 0 30 2 144115188075856167 288230376151712911 2133 2 144115188075856167 0 3 0 2060 1 864691128455135261  .  mno_cheat_find_item_choose_this  0  {!}Choose_from_this_range.  9 1532 1 360287970189639684 2120 3 1224979098644774912 144115188075856167 96 2110 2 1224979098644774912 288230376151712911 2121 3 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774912 144115188075856167 6 3 1224979098644774914 0 1224979098644774913 2120 3 1224979098644774915 144115188075856167 1224979098644774914 1535 3 360287970189639684 1224979098644774915 1 3 0 2042 1 360287970189639684  .  mno_camp_action_4  0  {!}Back_to_camp_menu.  1 2060 1 864691128455135259  .

and change those numbers so you add 2 items so in this case change the number to 288230376151712913

TO bE CONTINUED MY WIFE IS CALLING ME

sorry for the double post she wanted me to help put the shopping away. anyway, i'm pretty sure that code will make your new items show up in your cheatmenu. now you should be able to try out and fire your rifle, reload and stuff. but you may notice there is no sound or the sound is wrong.

so now you edit your sound files. i had to mess around with this until i got it right and it was infuriatiing, but i think i lucked out in the end. copy the pistol shot wav file from native sounds (it will be in the main folder not the native folder) and paste it into your PoP folder. Now the tricky part. Go into your sound.txt folder and add the name of the file (i think it was fl_pistol.wav) to the END of the upper half of your sound txt file and increase the number right at the top of the sound txt file by 1. Now just below where you put the name of the sound sample there is another number with snd_ etc entries following it, increase this by 1 and add snd_pistol_shot then the number of your sample then a 1 (for 1 sound) then the number which indicates the level of your sound file in the txt folder. pretty sure it should be 1229 (PoP has 1228 sound samples). then a 0. Pretty sure you can add this snd_pistol_shot anywhere in the bottom half of the sounds txt folder. I know i havent explained this well, so anyone who is not alcohol dependent nor regrets most of his life, please feel free to clean this up and explain it better.

You should now have an all smoking, all sounding musket rifle. Congratulations. You can explore other mods and get different sounds from them. You can even add several gunshot sounds so they randomise it. you can mess with the smoke effects by editing the particle_systems folder. Make the smoke hang or billow. Maybe add a different rifle like a Jezail or a Tipu Sultan rifle with a tiger head shooting flame. i dont know. i dont know what you are into. it could be weird. maybe add them to a Knight Order using morgh's.

I know i havent communicated most of this very well, my wife says i am emotionally retarded and that i cant explain myself like normal people. i apologise for this so if you have any queries feel free to ask them.

So after a few days of meddling with the occult, I am nearly "feature" complete with my personal submod.
I successfully implemented the following:

- Muskets and pistols(as crossbows, because firearms are not sold by merchants)
- Sound and smoke effects
- Bullets
- Dust and smoke effects when bullets hit the ground
- Pendor Troop Tree branch with musket
- Pendor Lords recruit musket troops

It took me many days and a lot of nerves to get this ingame. it take some serious sorcery to get ingame without having access to the PoP module system.
For the lack of the latter I haven't implemented the muskets as firearms because I cant access the merchant inventory script.
I also did not implement the musket shots fading with the distance because that takes some serious fiddling with the module system and it would be quite hard to implement it through text editing.

Should the devs ever release POP as a OSP, I would definitely make a Firearms/"What if mod" for PoP :grin:

Not sure if you have time for stuff like this, but if you made a walkthrough vid that'd be awesome. I can't do this, lol.

Back
Top Bottom