My king doesn't give castles to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Kristal9

Recruit
I'm a lord. I siege new castes for my own without any help from other lords again and again. But after I win the siege battle there is not my option for the election of the owner of the castle. Why? Maybe because I never vote on elections of other castles?

Last edited:
I'm a lord. I siege new castes for my own without any help from other lords again and again. But after I win the siege battle there is not my option for the election of the owner of the castle. Why? Maybe because I never vote on elections of other castles?
I don't know about the why for the owner selections but to me it feels even goofier when playing as the king and having to choose between 3 of your own vassals, not having the power to give it to yourself nor to a specific vassal of your choosing :facepalm:

I am not exactly sure about how the mechanics work for giving fiefs. Based on observation the person who "usually" gets the fief is the lord who owns a fief that is closest in proximity to the fief being given. For instance when I join a kingdom the king will at some time or other award me with a fief. If the next castle or town that is captured is closest to my fief, chances are It will be awarded to me. I think it has more to do with proximity than merit. So by knowing that you can pick and choose when to assault castles or towns. It seems counter intuitive but that's the way it works.

There is alot of things that the game do to calculate who it should be handed to.
The formula is really too be blunt ****ty written to say the least and you typically end up with 1 lord getting "all fiefs" and the rest nothing.

Things like "proximity", wealth of the clans, clan rank.

That being said if you have 0 fiefs, you dont mention if you have any at all?
Should the case be that you have 0 fiefs at all, then you should consider it a bug, as landless lords will get priority.
What you can or rather should do is if you have 1 fief, you should give it back, so that the next siege you'll be in the picking.

There is some "odd" behaviour in terms of the "proximity" where some fiefs I've had have left me not being suggested once I have that one.
While in other cases I get all in a spot.

Example I got Varcheg, previously we had Flintog, Utlaheim and Neveyansk castle.
So when we took Seonon I didnt get suggested at all, even like you I was the one that lead the siege.

I didnt get a new fief until we where deep in Southern empire's land in another war, with one of their towns, which name I forgot was handed to me.

In between in all those other wars we had, most of the new land 14 fiefs got handed to Godun of Vagiroving, while most of the other lords had gotten 1-2 at most.. The way the game distributes the fiefs is just junk.

So if you got one of those "blindspot" locations you may want to give it up so you can get something.
Make a hardsave or backup of that file if you are playing on Ironman so you can change it later on if need be.(Just make a new folder in the Bannerlord (not in the save folder) and copy the savefiled into the new folder.(if you have it in the savefolder under a different, it will still "find it").

The best suggestion is the other guy points out get mods if you play on pc - if you have Diplomacy installed it let you have the option to bypass the whole voteing by picking the fief for yourself there and then.

The other methods I've said is afaik the only real way to do it if you are on console.

So check if you are wealthy like 200-300k, have good realtions with the king and the other lords.

Back
Top Bottom