MP Movement keys for attack direction tweek

Users who are viewing this thread

I use movement keys for attack direction when fighting, if i am holding W and moving forward and press S to switch to a stab attack it stops me dead in my tracks,
could you change it so i can switch to my stab attack without stopping dead in my tracks cause it is hard to keep up with people when you are slowing down when trying to stab.

Isn’t that kind of the price you pay when you bind your attack direction to your keys? Your attacks are tied to your footwork.

Either way I don’t really see a solution as if they make your movements a little less sharp(so tapping S won’t stop you) next thing you’ll be moaning it’s unresponsive :razz:

I didnt bind any keys its an option in game to switch to it.

Isn’t that kind of the price you pay when you bind your attack direction to your keys? Your attacks are tied to your footwork.

Either way I don’t really see a solution as if they make your movements a little less sharp(so tapping S won’t stop you) next thing you’ll be moaning it’s unresponsive :razz:

I didnt bind any keys its an option in game to switch to it.

I know but the default and most popular option is to obviously control it by mouse, so it kind of is like binding your keys ?

In any case how do they fix this? If you no longer stop when pressing S momentarily you can’t dodge swings,as you’ll constantly barrel forwards(I would know I had to play with a sticky W key for a bit)

yes but i have been using movement keys for years. you can still dodge you just let go of w to move backwards.
you dont use movement keys for attack direction so you havent created a fighting style with it so how can you even have an opinion on this?

I know but the default and most popular option is to obviously control it by mouse, so it kind of is like binding your keys ?

In any case how do they fix this? If you no longer stop when pressing S momentarily you can’t dodge swings,as you’ll constantly barrel forwards(I would know I had to play with a sticky W key for a bit)

yes but i have been using movement keys for years. you can still dodge you just let go of w to move backwards.
Ok, so the solution should be that if you are holding W you should keep moving forward but if you tap and hold S as your 2nd key then the block will go in its direction? Could this be used in other situations say, trying to strafe right but then press A and attack to swing left also?

you dont use movement keys for attack direction so you havent created a fighting style with it so how can you even have an opinion on this?

Because I want to help? :???:

Ok, so the solution should be that if you are holding W you should keep moving forward but if you tap and hold S as your 2nd key then the block will go in its direction? Could this be used in other situations say, trying to strafe right but then press A and attack to swing left also?

Because i use movent keys for attack direction but i use mouse to directional block block.

So when i move forward and hold the W key say im also doing an up attack i want to be able to switch to a stab attack while still moving forward without stopping. It would be the same as if you used your mouse to switch to your stab while moving forward its not going to force you to stop moving

Because I want to help? :???:
Sorry messed up the quote

I am also a member of the 'attack with WASD and block with mouse' club and if anything you now CAN stab with a lot of weapons while moving forward because spears/lances have overhead stabs now.

But with swords I guess you just have to accept that you won't be stabbing usually when chasing an opponent, seriously though, why do we even play with this weird control scheme. My friends always make fun of me because I keep falling off the walls in siege trying to do a side swing, therefore I just don't play siege.

To be honest I feel like in Bannerlord WASD attacking is easier compared to Warband because the character movement feels more sluggish and less responsive already, and I personally don't feel like my attacks hinder my movement all that much.

I also play with attack directions to WASD, block with mouse. I think the only feasible solution for the issue is what was suggested above. If you are holding a movement key down and tap a secondary key it should change your attack direction without disrupting your movement. As for trying to stab a fleeing opponent with a sword, I wouldn't find that particularly effective in most cases unless it was a spear, which you can overhand stab now while moving forward.

Other than that, might be worth it to carry throwing weapons as a secondary weapon for those instances.

I also play with attack directions to WASD, block with mouse. I think the only feasible solution for the issue is what was suggested above. If you are holding a movement key down and tap a secondary key it should change your attack direction without disrupting your movement. As for trying to stab a fleeing opponent with a sword, I wouldn't find that particularly effective in most cases unless it was a spear, which you can overhand stab now while moving forward.

Other than that, might be worth it to carry throwing weapons as a secondary weapon for those instances.
Is it possible to bind some specific attacks to mouse extra buttons , such as overhead etc, I did it with kick/bash but would like more control on thrusts and overheads

Hmm... Well I suppose that would depend on what style you play with. If attack direction controls are attached to mouse movement, unlikely, also I haven't looked too thoroughly at the options to bind specific keys, I don't remember seeing one but I wasn't explicitly looking for it either. But, if you can customize and bind various functions to different keys other than the default, in theory you can probably bind certain attack directions to other buttons as well. Whether it'll let you bind the same action to multiple keys I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom