Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 11 - Some Context

Users who are viewing this thread

<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">Hello all!</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">As many of you may have noticed, we have been rather busy! Last week, we visited Cologne, Germany to attend Gamescom, the largest game conference in Europe. While there, we took appointments to demonstrate some Bannerlord gameplay to the world's media. Along with this, we released a few videos which were used as part of our presentation.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">It has been great to see the excited response to the clips and we're very pleased that your feedback has been so positive! Of course, the game is still very much in development and so we had to make decisions about what to put in the videos and how it would be presented.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">Here, we have compiled some of the highlights, along with a small smattering of new footage, which we want to present to you the community, along with a little explanation about some of the features.</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/13

Yep. Game laucher => Configure => Game => Untick Enable Cheats. Now you'll never have to think about it again or be able to use it "accidently" in-game.

I think this might be too early but I just want to put it out there.I am basically one of the less than 100 people in my entire country that play mount and blade I even get teased because I play games like mount and blade and total war .I am from Ghana.There is something I would love to have very badly And I know most of you would also love it.A mod for bannerlords based on the aztecs...Before you say anything I think you should get and read this book (AZTEC by Gary Jennings).If any modders decide to make an aztec mod for bannerlord it must be based on this book....The book is basically mount and blade in aztec setting. How a young lower class aztec  rises up from a stone mason's son to become a lord.The book is historically accurate with aztec names and stuff..On his way to the top he becomes a merchant,a soldier,an arrow warrior, he joins other tribes and the book even details how aztec battles are fought and for you mount and blade players it would be epic.Everything a modder would require for the entire concept is in the book from quests to lord behaviour,units rankings even their currency, economic structure and all their neighboring tribes .The aztec weapons would bring combat to a whole new level.And just when you are getting bored the spanish show up with their gunpowder its just doesn't end.  THANKS FOR READING...PLEASE GIVE ME A FEED BACK....ANYTHING I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE AT LEAST SOMEONE HAS READ IT and agrees or disagree.

Not really he's now a part time music artist and our most popular player without him our team is nothing.....but next time would be different we sacked the coach he was our first ever native coach to coach the national team. :grin:

I loved this game so much. I've waited this game for a long time, but so far only 1-2 video. please let me know when this game is released

cherac said:
I think this might be too early but I just want to put it out there.I am basically one of the less than 100 people in my entire country that play mount and blade I even get teased because I play games like mount and blade and total war .I am from Ghana.There is something I would love to have very badly And I know most of you would also love it.A mod for bannerlords based on the aztecs...Before you say anything I think you should get and read this book (AZTEC by Gary Jennings).If any modders decide to make an aztec mod for bannerlord it must be based on this book....The book is basically mount and blade in aztec setting. How a young lower class aztec  rises up from a stone mason's son to become a lord.The book is historically accurate with aztec names and stuff..On his way to the top he becomes a merchant,a soldier,an arrow warrior, he joins other tribes and the book even details how aztec battles are fought and for you mount and blade players it would be epic.Everything a modder would require for the entire concept is in the book from quests to lord behaviour,units rankings even their currency, economic structure and all their neighboring tribes .The aztec weapons would bring combat to a whole new level.And just when you are getting bored the spanish show up with their gunpowder its just doesn't end.  THANKS FOR READING...PLEASE GIVE ME A FEED BACK....ANYTHING I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE AT LEAST SOMEONE HAS READ IT and agrees or disagree.

I agree an Aztec mod would be great. There was one called 'Mesoamerican Mod' for early pre-release versions of M&B, but the mod was not continued, and was last worked on in 2007:

http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php?board=45.0

KuroiNekouPL said:
Though that is balanced by the power of larger, stronger weapons to hit more than one foe with a single swing!

I'm seriously disappointed. This is NOT the right way to go. Mount&Blade was supposed to be as realistic as possible while still keeping it fun. This is a step into the fantasy world direction.
I actually have seen a real claymore bash trough three skulls in a single swing so... it IS realistic, also katanas and Scmitars are capable of cutting a man in half without losing speed in the swing.
Check it out by yourself:
Claymore or greatsword:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hfLZozBVpM
Katana:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH_oLEllyvg

I would like dead bodies still having collision until they fall to the ground, especially in multiplayer it results in a lot of TKs and deaths.

Whaddya mean, that was patched in like 3 times in the beta! :lol:

It never worked, though apparently the cRPG devs figured it out eventually. I see no reason why Bannerlord shouldn't have it, and honestly, it should have been (actually) fixed in Warband a long time ago.

I'd like to suggest to give some though to the co-op option mentioned by many, simply by allowing another client to access your singleplayer campain and join you during the battles, maybe even share the controls on the main army.

While this feature might be shunned by most as it is too boring, if the game truly is as mod-friendly as promised, having the basics already into the client (accessing a friend's campaign) would open up a lot of possibilities for modders.

Whether it is worth the time investment just to give modders more options, is not my place to say though, I wouldn't really know how much work it would involve.

hey taleworlds I understand this may require some doing but please make a co-op for campaign. It would be through LAN or through steam. Host and save file off the same computer so you wouldn't need any servers for this. Why I'm asking? My friend and I really like Warband and we are quite hyped about bannerlord. the only complaint we have about warband is there is no co-op and no mods for exactly what I'm asking. What I'm asking is that the people that aren't the host can have their own parties and wander around the world freely join factions ect. There wound't be a pause when you stop moving except when all player parties are stopped. Players should be able to join other player parties as hero units and would only have to do things when there is a fight. I understand that this could be difficult but please look into doing this. it could be a separate download if that makes it easier. Like I said it's the only complaint that my friend and I have about warband. If you have any ideas on how to improve this idea or would like to see this please let talewords know.

TheDoctor6546 said:
hey taleworlds I understand this may require some doing but please make a co-op for campaign. It would be through LAN or through steam. Host and save file off the same computer so you wouldn't need any servers for this. Why I'm asking? My friend and I really like Warband and we are quite hyped about bannerlord. the only complaint we have about warband is there is no co-op and no mods for exactly what I'm asking. What I'm asking is that the people that aren't the host can have their own parties and wander around the world freely join factions ect. There wound't be a pause when you stop moving except when all player parties are stopped. Players should be able to join other player parties as hero units and would only have to do things when there is a fight. I understand that this could be difficult but please look into doing this. it could be a separate download if that makes it easier. Like I said it's the only complaint that my friend and I have about warband. If you have any ideas on how to improve this idea or would like to see this please let talewords know.

We all want it but most of us aren't expecting it.

Even if they put the extra effort into a multiplayer campaign (which would delay release substantially), many systems involving time stops would need to be completely redone for it. The result would be a game which plays completely differently.

Though I still dream of a post release patch allowing drop in control of non pc lords during battles. Like how total war let you open your game to drop in and random players could connect and control the opposing force.

TheDoctor6546 said:

There was a thread made for co-op discussion in August that may be of interest to you: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,337708.0.html

Back
Top Bottom