Mount & Blade Gone Gold!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
EasyCo said:
Hmm... Anyone notice the lack of negative talk about text and not being able to be king?  :wink:
I finally fixed the text size and personally I am too busy conquering castles and murdering little spear men and jarid throwers to care  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Why good sir, Have you just countered my statement with complaints you have made in other threads with you're own statement containing complaints I have made in other threads? And so subtly put in as well...

... Very well my good man, you win this round. But next time you shall not be so lucky.

Awesome, here's to hoping they fix the graphics issues with the Radeon 4850/48670 series cards. Either that or hoping ATI has a fixed driver out. Either way we should be getting it in 7-10 days now.

I really hope the reviewers focus on what makes Mount and Blade unique. I think most reviewers get the point of the game while others will try to compare it to a standard run of the mill RPG and complain. Gah, talk about missing the point! The reviews haven't even come out yet and I'm already enraged at the bad reviews that are sure to come out due to sheer ignorance. Mount & Blade is not an action-RPG err I mean it doesn't have a plot but uh it's still a role playing game? Either way, thumbs down to all the bad reviewers out there! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

On the flip side, word of mouth marketing will be awesome. I've seen Mount & Blade gain major exposure as THE indie game of 2008. Is there any competition really? Maybe Audiosurf but still. And like I said, I think word of mouth will be big. I know that's how I heard of the game.

Woosterscott said:
I really hope the reviewers focus on what makes Mount and Blade unique. I think most reviewers get the point of the game while others will try to compare it to a standard run of the mill RPG and complain. Gah, talk about missing the point! The reviews haven't even come out yet and I'm already enraged at the bad reviews that are sure to come out due to sheer ignorance. Mount & Blade is not an action-RPG err I mean it doesn't have a plot but uh it's still a role playing game? Either way, thumbs down to all the bad reviewers out there! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

On the flip side, word of mouth marketing will be awesome. I've seen Mount & Blade gain major exposure as THE indie game of 2008. Is there any competition really? Maybe Audiosurf but still. And like I said, I think word of mouth will be big. I know that's how I heard of the game.
Some sites have already reviewed M&B as abeta.

Now that it's coming will it be re-reviewed? While I hope so, I most definetly believe it won't happen.

At least not in Gamespot. I know their policy: 'Once we rate a game, that's it, we won't change it'.
I can't tell if that applies to reviews of betas, which are games that are still to come.

pedrodiniz92 said:
Woosterscott said:

Some sites have already reviewed M&B as abeta.

Now that it's coming will it be re-reviewed? While I hope so, I most definetly believe it won't happen.

At least not in Gamespot. I know their policy: 'Once we rate a game, that's it, we won't change it'.
I can't tell if that applies to reviews of betas, which are games that are still to come.
Or worse what if they're right? Where is the panic smiley face? :panic:

Right about what?

I don't think we should be worried about reviews right now. All the ones I've seen talk about how great the game is. And the player reviews for Mount&Blade are very high. So no reason to be worried.

EasyCo said:
Right about what?

I don't think we should be worried about reviews right now. All the ones I've seen talk about how great the game is. And the player reviews for Mount&Blade are very high. So no reason to be worried.
I meant what if the beta that they review IS close to the real game? I doubt it so nothing to be worried about.

I agree most of the of the previews I have read have nothing but positive things to say. I am not sure how the review will be. The only one I've seen posted here is somewhat patchy I think. However, someone who had the retail version to review posted that the sieges were still problematic which is why I am somewhat worried.

Its good to see TaleWorlds name out there and with the combat so dynamic the game will appeal to a larger audience then most Indie companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom