Mount & Blade: Bannerloss. One year on.

Users who are viewing this thread

CaptainLee

Sergeant Knight at Arms
x13RrAM.gif

So… Bannerlord. Bit short of the old banners. We haven’t seen them in nearly a year and although there are some good mods, I for one would like to know what the status of them are and how they are going to be implemented. I believe they were taken out due to performance issues.

Of course they were present in lots of screenshots and looked great, so I don’t think this is a small exclusion. I mean, the Dragon Banner is kind of a thing, and not including Banners in a game like this is like removing swords. Anyhow, I came up with some possibilities regarding the inclusion of Battle Banners. Are we going to see them simply put back in as aesthetic features, or will they actually do something? (I think we all know the answer, but let's spitball).

Possibilities as examples:

1) Two types. Banners and Pennants. Pennants are purely cosmetic, for spears/lances etc. Battle Banners limited to one per formation and troop type.

Pros- Looks cool. Limiting Battle banners makes them stand out.
Cons- Lots of pennants might tank FPS.

2) Only companions may wield banners, or maybe special troops (Imperials could have a Signifer-type unit) obtainable when you join a kingdom.

Pros- The more *ahem* modestly skilled companions would have a good use.
Cons- Companions-only wielding banners restricts their use and skill development, especially if they are wielding a banner in their weapon hand, and doubly if they specialize in two-handed weapons.

3) Aside from the aesthetic affect, banners provide morale/reduce morale loss provided the banner Bearer is standing.

Pros- Gives banners a usage beyond aesthetics. Opens up the possibilities of purchasable/tiered banners.
Cons- BBs could be knocked/killed quite randomly by arrow fire, causing annoyance.

4) Banner Bearers can rally fleeing troops of their formation so long as they are standing.

Pros- Taking out the banner bearer a valid tactic. Would make them useful.
Cons- Fleeing troops rallying and returning to formation may lead to soldiers running everywhere. Would likely have to be limited to one rally per soldier.

Ideas? Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom