More info on player faction?

Users who are viewing this thread

AndarielHalo

Regular
I've gone through this mod's forum endlessly trying to decide whether or not to try to go ahead with a custom faction of my own, and scouring through threads years old to learn what features are available or unavailable to me and such.

But after the second time being denied what is mine by right in conquest, I'm going to break away from my current master. 

And so I'm right back at the conundrum I was in a hundred and fifty days earlier; do I join someone else or start my own faction?

I already know about the lack of faction-specific troops a player faction would have, but as of this version for Warband (not Struggle for Bermia), should I even bother with my own custom faction?  Given that I'm calling my faction the "Senate and People of Calradia" clearly my values and views don't align with much of the other factions...

What features are available to me/not available to me for whatever reason?
Am I on equal footing with other factions in terms of options and game mechanics available?

And probably most importantly: When I call a campaign, will my vassals actually come and follow me?  First time around I tried this, NONE of them obeyed my call to campaign.

Most of the player kingdom features are part of Diplomacy. Also, companion lords won't work due to the mission thing, but you probably already know that. You can, however, upgrade the town troops to custom troops that may become very powerful. Supporting a pretender is more fleshed out in my opinion, since it gives a new set of town troops (and village troops when you succeed, with their old town troops showing up in taverns.), and in addition you get a nice bunch of equipment for free for your custom troops. You can just support a claimant and then ditch him later I think for added flavour in your kingdom.

But then that kingdom has the same name as the one you overthrew, wouldn't it?  It wouldn't be the Kingdom of Stupidhead, but one of the pre-existing ones?

Also, more important question of mine would be; Will the lords obey now when I call a campaign?  Because every time I tried it last time, no one came and they all pretty much just ignored it, acting as if they are following me even when they sit in their castles or go wandering off

Once you're the leader you can rename it from the camp menu. The option should also be offered when you get a minister. Again, it's mostly Diplomacy stuff which I haven't touched.

Back
Top Bottom