SP - General More Clan Levels!

Users who are viewing this thread

Lucius Confucius

LeastBlunted
Sergeant
Would be really cool for those of us who enjoy a long multi-generational playthrough to have more clan levels. Maybe up to clan level 10 or maybe even 20? The renown needed would be a lot, which suit the longevity of long sandbox. After hitting clan level 6, there really isn't much left to strive for. I can only increase my companion limit a little by some perks, but that's it.

+1 companion for every clan level.
Level 7: +5 Party size for all clan parties.
Level 8: +10 Party size for all clan parties.
+1 Workshop
Level 9: +5 Party size for all clan parties.
Level 10: +10 Party size for all clan parties.
+ 1 Workshop
+1 Clan Party(?)

What do you think? Thoughts?

Blood Gryphon suggested that renown should decrease as well as increase. i think this is needed as well as more levels.
maybe even do without levels entirely...

That's an interesting suggestion. How would it work? Would you lose a level if you went under its renown threshold?

Do you perhaps have a link to his suggestion page?

That's an interesting suggestion. How would it work? Would you lose a level if you went under its renown threshold?

Do you perhaps have a link to his suggestion page?
I am not sure what was discussed in this topic so far but this is very much interesting idea.

Traitors, pillaging, other rogue actions as well... could inflict the penalty on the renown. I however wonder if this would have a negative impact on player's kingdom as well as a result... a side effect.

I have thought of this as well for awhile and love it. Coding would have to be done to reduce the clan level effect on voting since it is a major factor but seeing higher levels with a small advantage to each after 6 just gives you something else to shoot for. Once you get 6 there are a couple perks that are just wasted so it makes you not want to take them as they serve no purpose.

Insert 3 "dummy-tiers" after each odd tier, let them come with some easier bartering with clans of lower tier, for example. That way even a player not going for Charm can barter with the weight of a mightier clan behind him.

I am not sure what was discussed in this topic so far but this is very much interesting idea.

Traitors, pillaging, other rogue actions as well... could inflict the penalty on the renown. I however wonder if this would have a negative impact on player's kingdom as well as a result... a side effect.

warband had weekly renown loss if no renown was gained that week.

warband had weekly renown loss if no renown was gained that week.

Thanks for the link. Yes, it would perhaps be good to have renown loss as well as more clan levels. Would make it so that you become far more careful with what actions you take.

I think that the entire tier system should be removed for the simple reason that it is linked to parameters that have nothing to do with the clan tier except indirectly.
The number of companions and caravans does not make any sense that it is related to the clan tier, rather it SHOULD BE THE OPPOSITE.
If you know that a group of people have gathered their men to form an army and have 10 merchant caravans, 10 shops and 5 towns / castles, you understand that that is a powerful clan (high tier).
Not the opposite.
And once that clan loses what it has it is no longer considered a powerful clan (so it goes to low tier).
The current tier system does not reflect this trend and this proposal is only used to accentuate this PARAMETRIC DERIVATION, but one which is drawn from the reality that the games have taken.
I would understand that a fallen clan has a reputation and that it gives certain social advantages but this has nothing to do with the number of people who can follow you or the number of shops and caravans you can form.
If a player plays his game brilliantly and manages to make a lot of money and could afford to buy shops and caravans, the tier system does not reward the player's skill.
It's just another hateful grind system.
Grind for 3 more levels? no thanks.
I want mechanics that are immersive, not numbers that don't reflect reality and make me tire of the game.

I think that the entire tier system should be removed for the simple reason that it is linked to parameters that have nothing to do with the clan tier except indirectly.
The number of companions and caravans does not make any sense that it is related to the clan tier, rather it SHOULD BE THE OPPOSITE.
If you know that a group of people have gathered their men to form an army and have 10 merchant caravans, 10 shops and 5 towns / castles, you understand that that is a powerful clan (high tier).
Not the opposite.
And once that clan loses what it has it is no longer considered a powerful clan (so it goes to low tier).
The current tier system does not reflect this trend and this proposal is only used to accentuate this PARAMETRIC DERIVATION, but one which is drawn from the reality that the games have taken.
I would understand that a fallen clan has a reputation and that it gives certain social advantages but this has nothing to do with the number of people who can follow you or the number of shops and caravans you can form.
If a player plays his game brilliantly and manages to make a lot of money and could afford to buy shops and caravans, the tier system does not reward the player's skill.
I want mechanics that are immersive, not numbers that don't reflect reality and make me tire of the game.
I agree with you, there should be no limits to how many companions or workshops or trade caravans you can set up. It should all depend upon your wealth and management. But that is sadly not what we have right now, and I think it is unlikely that the developers will change this system and remove clan levels, hence my suggestion for at least more levels.

Not the opposite.

This has my full support! Even if it´s next to impossible to balance atm! :smile:

The clan could have a reknown score and a perkmechanism - or "Bloodline" - if you want a more flavourful word. Certain deeds and reaching high levels in skills unlocks and strenghten the bloodline, helping the clan to keep it´s members in line.

I agree with you, there should be no limits to how many companions or workshops or trade caravans you can set up. It should all depend upon your wealth and management. But that is sadly not what we have right now, and I think it is unlikely that the developers will change this system and remove clan levels, hence my suggestion for at least more levels.
This has my full support! Even if it´s next to impossible to balance atm! :smile:

The clan could have a reknown score and a perkmechanism - or "Bloodline" - if you want a more flavourful word. Certain deeds and reaching high levels in skills unlocks and strenghten the bloodline, helping the clan to keep it´s members in line.
A possible solution to both the reduction of grinding and this predominance of parameters over reality could be a system of "loss of clan experience" that reduces the clan tier.
But accompanied by this it takes a greater speed in the accumulation of experience and greater gains in terms of companions, shops, caravans and secondary parties.
This way you grind less but get punished if your clan tier shrinks.
Therefore the player must be careful in deciding whether:
1) have many companions, many caravans, many shops
And risk, in the event his clan tier decreases, that he exceeds the maximum quantities allowed and that he pays the consequences of this in terms of reduction of gains or economic losses increasingly greater as this situation continues over time.
The idea is that "your clan has less reputation and consequently your shops sell less than before", which leads you to sell shops and caravans to avoid bankruptcy.
Companions may become less loyal, cost more, or some other consequence.

2) have few companions, few shops, few caravans and secondary parties so that a reduction of the clan tier does not involve economic or other penalties.
Obviously the price to pay is a lower return in the long term, but also less risk.

Back
Top Bottom