ModuleSystem Command Database (WIP)

Users who are viewing this thread

Lumos said:
Wow. Looking forward to seeing the new stuff. The changelog looks impressive.

Have you seen the Wowhead Powered?
I'm thinking in creating something similar. So you can use the Command Database directly within you Web of Forum.

When you hover over any opt-code it shows a tool-tip with the usage and description. I think that could be even more helpful.

Thanks, but I still cannot edit anything. Also, what is Description for exactly? Can I put in tips/tricks for its usage?

You'll have to wait to be approved first. Also, haven't found a login/logout page yet - I assume this has to do with the first point. Also seeing &nbspType as column header on FF and Chrome.

Alright, wrote a tutorial, it's on the OP.

Theoris said:
How to help?
1. Register at: http://mbcommands.zxq.net/register.
2. Wait until an admin confirms your account.
3. Modify commands at: http://mbcommands.zxq.net/editor&pass=your_login_pass.

Link to page: http://mbcommands.zxq.net/.

Note, it's quite buggy atm, probably because of the massive amount of new features. I will start fixing it.

Very nice! Although, I have two suggestions. Could you separate sp/mp from type? The server/client field could be a field that only applies if the MP/SP field is either both or MP. Likewise, could you change the Type field to take into account left-handedness, can-fail or control-structure? (ie. player_get_agent_id would be left-handed, player_is_active is a can-fail, and try_begin is control-structure)

One more suggestion would be a separate, similar database for commonly used scripts, especially game scripts that may have not-so-obvious or obfuscated inputs or outputs. Possibly, you could have even a third one for triggers?

Also, on an aesthetic note, the floating menu looks kinda off to me. Perhaps make it a floating side-bar, or at the bottom of the screen? Right now, it's in the place where my eye's first look if I'm "below the fold" of a web page.

MadocComadrin said:
Also, on an aesthetic note, the floating menu looks kinda off to me. Perhaps make it a floating side-bar, or at the bottom of the screen? Right now, it's in the place where my eye's first look if I'm "below the fold" of a web page.

The rest looks fine to me, but that last one hurts me. They're supposed to be transparent. Please use a W3C compliant browser.
I style my sites without hacks. So doesn't try to open this address with IE, Firefox, Camino, or some other crap.

Nowadays the only legit browsers that passes the Acid3 test are the Webkit engine's -> Chrome/Chromium/SR Iron & Safari (Mobile platforms included)

Also isn't supposed to be exactly functional. I am was doing the login system + Ajax admin panel right now. Read Alpha in the title.

:???:

Isn't ready yet for massive use. Theoris, hang on the IRC.

Normally I use FF, but I'm at work, so I was using chrome. (I don't use hacks either--all my stuff is perfectly valid CSS2 and XHTML Strict or Transitional, but then again, I'm holding off on CSS3 for a few more months. And don't call firefox crap  :razz:.)

Mainly, it's a placement issue.

MadocComadrin said:
Normally I use FF, but I'm at work, so I was using chrome. (I don't use hacks either--all my stuff is perfectly valid CSS2 and XHTML Strict or Transitional, but then again, I'm holding off on CSS3 for a few more months. And don't call firefox crap  :razz:.)
I used to use it a year ago. It was great. But I found something faster and prettier to navigate. So Fx isn't that cool.

Nah, pure CSS3 FTW.
I thought it was useful. Let me some minutes and I'll finish the login system. I'll leave the admin panel for later.

2eWmx.jpg

This how it really looks. For those confused with the lack of compatibility.

MadocComadrin said:
It is, but it's just in a bad place if you're scrolled down far enough.

I have a nice idea about a subtle approach with that conflictive subject you may like.
I've just done the fun part. Cool Admin panel, envy of the Joomla devs. Access if you can.  :razz:

http://mbcommands.zxq.net/admin
Note we're crazy protective against injection.

In other order, here are the currently active beta-testers. I'll send you an invitation soon™ (when this thing gains a little of stability).
T5Fum.jpg

Hmmm and yes, the rename option is twice.  :neutral: Don't ask

I could be wrong but isn't description to explain the usage of the operation?
So people can directly see what it does in a simple explanation.

What i mean is for instance:

Name          Usage                                                            Description                                                                                                                                                                      Type
is_between (is_between,value,lower_bound,upper_bound), Checks if the value is between the lower bound and upperbound, if the value compares to the upper bound it will return false. Both

I'm registerring atm so if this info is needed to be added i can do some little crontriburions of descriptions i know without testing them.
When everyone dous that i think we get a very nice database.
I also saw some strange css thingys when i vieuw the page with firefox, the menu stays behind the description when i scroll down.

Back
Top Bottom