SP - Quests Missions need to specify where we would need to travel to, BEFORE we accept them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Earl

Karen
Regular
You have to save-scumm just to find out how far merchants want you to go with their caravans. I do not like to accept missions and then find out that they want to spend a year travelling across the world.

I do agree that it was a rude shock the first time I did one of these and they literally did go from one side of the map to the other, and then I lost them on the way back and failed the quest (I had no scout and my travel speed was not good).

I now only take such missions if I'm feeling the wanderlust and I use it as an opportunity to visit random settlements along the way. Now that I know I could be going literally anywhere, it's not so much of a shock.

But yeah, it surely would not be too hard to just say that they want to go to x and y and you can decide if that's too far out of your way.

Preferably with the ability to click on the name of the place, and see it on the map. These sorts of UI features make a big difference to people's opinion of the game. And the game could use some opinion changes, considering recent steam reviews.

The quest giver could mention cardinal direction in addition to the quest location. This would make it quick and intuitive to the reader. Maybe make an automatic script (current positions relation to end position) to always mention that.

Yeah, this seems like a no-brainer since the caravan spawns for the quest and already has a destination from the get-go, so the questgiver could just tell you its a caravan bound for x and y locations and you can decide if its worth the trip. They do sometimes change their mind on the way if the path's blocked or conditions change, but that's fine as an unexpected wrinkle.

On a related note, I really wish they'd tell you ahead of time how long it will take when you send a companion out on a quest. A few of the quests tell you how long and how many troops they need, but most don't and you only find out after the fact that your guy will be gone with half your army for a month.

This is the thing with alot of missions and has been in previous M&B as well. They never tell where/what/who the target of a mission is before you accept it. And I have a split feeling about changing this.

There could be an option to ask for the target, with a risk that they withrow the questoffer and you lose opinion if they are not desperate enough or if they don't trust you.

Back
Top Bottom