Mission Statement

Users who are viewing this thread

I think that being a Noob is most difficult when you enter the Modders Area, (The only place I hang out).

That's where the Pro's hang out and they have no time for fools with silly questions (they are ignored of flamed outright). But from what I have seen on the forums everyone usually behaves themselves & reply to most questions with positive answers. And when someone steps out of line they get set straight and if someone really pushes it they feel  the crushing blow of the ban hammer, swiftly and justly.

I think its quite a nice community here and the fact that there are some asses about cant be helped.
Moderators Keep peace and order. Forever struggling against the forces of chaos!

You learn quickly, and earn the respect within the circles you choose to stay in and learn to recognize the Average joe's and the Noblemen.

It's hard to try and explain things to novices. I've written a few tutorials, but the modding guide does not get updated however much I ask; my tutorials are lost forever.

Buxton said:
It's hard to try and explain things to novices. I've written a few tutorials, but the modding guide does not get updated however much I ask; my tutorials are lost forever.
Gather the links to them all and stick'em in a thread labeled 'Buxton's Random Tutorials' or something like that; maybe it'll get stickied like Highelf's did. Or make a thread on MBX.

Yeah, you should Buxton. I used your tutorials to get started and had to go through search and would frequently spend about 15 minutes just trying to find the damn thing.

Hello all

As a recruit, i just wanted to use my first post to thank you Lynores. I've been browsing the forum for some time, searching information about questions i have about the game and i have seen people being flamed here and there... That made me doubt about registering... Well, you made me change my mind :grin:. So i guess i'll be around some time more and keep my fate. Maybe i wont be a recruit for long.. Who knows :wink:

Cheers!

PS. Forgive my english, i'm french.

Thank you for that statement.  I "lurked" for quite awhile because I love the game (since .894) and wanted to use the search function to find answers to my questions about Mount & Blade.  I did not register until quite recently because of the caliber of some of the exchanges on the forum pages.

Well, I'd like to give an update on the original topic. I joined this forum just over a week ago and I came across a lot of rude people both new and established.
Some people here mistake their insults for witty sarcasm and get high on the image they have of themself. This kind of behaviour is very unpleasent for me not just when I'm the one being flamed and if I see too much of it I'll leave this forum again or stick to the threads I joined for (those about custom banners) and maybe answer to threads in The Apprentice Guild that have no or just a few answers so far.

Advice for noobies: Stay out of Fun Stuff. It's the general stamping ground of the forum low-life.

No offense to anyone of course:razz:

Sinderlin said:
Some people here mistake their insults for witty sarcasm  . . .

I think a lot of it IS witty sarcasm - the backing and forthing can be quite funny, and, except for outright flaming, more of it is likely meant in fun than with the intention of being nasty.

I'm not saying that everybody at this forum who makes sarcastic remarks is an ******* but wherever there are people who know the fine line between sarcasm and being rude and use this knowledge to play some friendly game of verbal shadow-boxing there are also trolls who hide themselves in that crowd. And in my opinion this forum has been infested by a whole troll clan.

Well I'll admit that my opinion may be a little bit too negativ. To be honest this is the first forum I've joined for some years and maybe that's just business as usuall for a game-related forum.

Sinderlin, I lurked here for ages, rather than join in some of the threads, then one evening, just jumped in and bantered and had a real good time.  I truly don't think they are trolls, just people who are a tight group used to bantering with one another.  This is the first forum on which I ever posted - actually, the first one I ever even read, and I enjoy it.  Give it a try - if you are grousing because you said something silly and somebody smacked you, read the rules (in which it is stated that trolling/flaming are verboten) and, before you post, make sure it is not redundant.  That will save you from being snarled at. Also maybe avoid Fun Stuff and perhaps the modding areas - they might get a bit harsh with silly posts.  Also, POLITELY, give as good as you get, without calling someone an "*******," for example, but going right back at them in a funny/sarcastic way.

I am in no way 'grousing' and I've not been smacked, flamed or whatever in this forum so far but I did read a lot of rude posts directed to other people who may have asked questions that could've been answered by using the search or other 'noobiequestions'. I don't expect people to answer these kind fo questions again and again but referring the OP to the search without making him feel like an idiot is quick and painless so there's no need for another dozen of posts saying 'search! idiot!'.

And this is not about me. I'm not posting in this thread because the others won't let me take part in their reindeer games. I hope you were not implying that I'm posting here for those kind of reasons, that I'm just a kid whining because someone was mean to me.

btw: How did you guess that I'm german? ^^

Sinderlin said:
btw: How did you guess that I'm german? ^^

I guessed from "Sinderlin."  NOT, honestly from your English useage.  I have a lot of German friends with whom I correspond via e-mail, and your English tops most of theirs.  It is vastly better than my German, I can tell you!  Don't you think some of the smartypants remarks are funny, though?  I agree that it would be more courteous if forumites ignored posts they think are dumb, but people are people and there are monosynaptic dorks everywhere, so logically, there are some here, too.  C'mon, giggle a little, it's good for you.

Vilhjalmr, how about Jerky's "hugglz?"

Orj, do you all ever get tired of Kobrag jokes?  They surely pop up with distressing regularity.

Back
Top Bottom