Minor factions,will they have their own troop trees,and how will they function?

Users who are viewing this thread

Can someone explain to me how will they function,and what's their actual use?
Will they have their own troop trees or what ?

I don't remember a devblog that explains this,hence why I am asking..

Cheers!

you cannot join them. minor factions have their own clans, which means they must have their own possessions. and their line of troops. for example, Sturgia itself does not have Huscarls, but Skoldebrotva has it.

I assume they will have their own troop trees, probably smaller than the ones for the major factions

We don't know how they work exactly, because they sound like bandit factions that attack peasants and caravans, but I bet they have quest lines that will ally them to you. They sound too well done and fleshed out to not be recruitable in some way

Considering the troop trees for a couple of them we saw at Gamescom 2019, minor factions are in fact just a single clan, all of them having several "members" serving as lords, and a linear troop tree consisting of 3 tiers.
There is some info about them on youtube and mount&blade wiki too, though we've gotten some discrepancy over the years, let me recycle a post of mine from not that long ago about what i mean specifically:

Piconi said:
I would really like a clear picture of every minor faction though, because there are some discrepancies going on at the moment. In the blog from february 2018. about Empire`s minor factions, we find out there are 3 of them - The Watchers (historical Akritai), Eleftheroi (historical Cossacks) and an unnamed faction of Nord guardsmen (historical Varangians).

BUT then some months after, august 2018 at gamescom, in several singleplayer gameplay videos we see in the game`s encyclopedia there are these minor factions of the Empire called Hidden Hand, Embers of the Flame and Legion of the Betrayed, all with some completely new backstories, non-related to the ones in the blog whatsoever.

I would really apreciate a clarification about this, an official one if it`s not too much to ask for.

dorens said:
you cannot join them. minor factions have their own clans, which means they must have their own possessions. and their line of troops. for example, Sturgia itself does not have Huscarls, but Skoldebrotva has it.
s-Sk7.png

huscarls in the elite tree of the development of the troops of Sturgia

Skoldebrotva tree

Back
Top Bottom