Mele idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Saying it won't look good is just lazy. It CAN look good if you make it look good.
I also looked at the musket madness mod and it didn't look half bad.

As most of the devs have stated before, their goal is to achieve good gameplay over strict realism. While the side swings may be realistic, they might only take away from the gameplay. And remember, the devs have had first hand experience for most of the things discussed in this forum, and may have even tested them in the DLC. If they say that something will take away from the gameplay, then I believe they should be given the benefit of the doubt.

But the devs should also listen to the community,if devs for a games don't listen to the community how would the devs know something is broken? The Sideswing that guy drew wasn't a sideswing it was a buttswing. It's not about realism its about being able to use your gun. Your giving people with 4 different attack zone a upper hand in combat while the musket will only have 2? It's not balancing the meele combat its make it easier to master. Yes they change the up attack but its still the same block. You just need to see the animation a couple times to know which one is which.

To be fair, there was quite the huge poll on the day and 2 directions, both with thrust, won by far.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,184581.345.html

Well that was for Mount and Musket this is different. This is reworked engine,most likely changed stats for item(i think) different.

The reason why the melee in MM is so good is because by removing superflous attackdirections they put focus and thought into the remaining too, especially when only one is high damage. By limiting the options it creates a deeper depth in those ones that are left. Feinting isn't the dominant thing, as I feel it is with swords, but other things also have a place like chambers, spins and held stabs all of which create an overall deeper and more interesting melee experience than a feint/block fest.

So by introducing multiple attack directions you're just detracting from what made the melee in MM good in the first place. Also The upstab is something that shifts a bit more power the way of the bayonets compared to swords since it opens up more worthwhile and interesting chamber oportunities than before.

Of course the devs should listen to the community, but ultimatly they need to consider to what parts of the community they will listen, because a lot of the times the masses can be won over by proposing something that looks really cool, but they do not realise that it actually detracts from gameplay because they lack the understanding for the metagame.

Hekko said:
The reason why the melee in MM is so good is because by removing superflous attackdirections they put focus and thought into the remaining too, especially when only one is high damage. By limiting the options it creates a deeper depth in those ones that are left. Feinting isn't the dominant thing, as I feel it is with swords, but other things also have a place like chambers, spins and held stabs all of which create an overall deeper and more interesting melee experience than a feint/block fest.

So by introducing multiple attack directions you're just detracting from what made the melee in MM good in the first place. Also The upstab is something that shifts a bit more power the way of the bayonets compared to swords since it opens up more worthwhile and interesting chamber oportunities than before.
+1

The problem it's already a block and feint feast. I don't like blocking all the same attack. Most people just keep down attacking and people who can block pretty good have a advantage.

Hekko said:

Of course the devs should listen to the community, but ultimatly they need to consider to what parts of the community they will listen, because a lot of the times the masses can be won over by proposing something that looks really cool, but they do not realise that it actually detracts from gameplay because they lack the understanding for the metagame.
:roll: MM melee combat better than native? Multiple attack directions= a distraction? This post is comedy gold.

Like this?
Bertha_s_butt_bump.jpg

Back
Top Bottom