Resolved Marunath siege defenders in walls

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Platform
PS4

PoorChungus

Recruit
Summary: When leading an assault on Marunath, a group of about 30 defenders spawn inside a house at the base of a big round tower just inside the city walls, on the left side of the city. There's no way to see inside the building. Occasionally, you'll see a weapon or a hand swing through the wall. If all other defenders have been killed or retreated to the keep, your men will mass in front of the building and a couple at the front will swing at it repeatedly, occasionally killing one of the stuck defenders.

I usually order them to move away and "engage" the wall myself, as I find I'm able to dispatch them quicker. Once their numbers are reduced to 7 or 8, they try to retreat ("The day is lost!"). It's like there's a bit of space for them to move around and they get out of range. I've tried firing arrows through the wall at every angle, but the arrows don't get through like other weapons occasionally do. I've spent an inordinate amount of time trying to find another way to get to them, but no luck.

I've also found a couple places you can get stuck:
-little windowed nook inside the tower
-if you go around the left side of the building the defenders are stuck in, you can jump your way up the buildings then down crevices you'll never be able to get out of. Wouldn't have gone out of my way to get down there if i wasn't looking for a way to hit the trapped defenders.

The defenders spawning inside inaccessible building thing has happened 3 siege attempts out of 3, always in the same location.

Edit: was eventually able to get around this by going in with my longest polearm, which gave me enough reach to hit those trying to retreat. So that's done, but swinging through a wall repeatedly with a long stick or having to simulate battle to win kind of suck the fun out of it.

How to Reproduce: lead an assault on Marunath when it has 640 defenders and win the day (except you can't).
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom