Map Pack?

Users who are viewing this thread

Elendil

Regular
I was wondering if anyone on the international MP scene knows of any map packs for WFAS? Over the past three years of playing I found quite a few servers with very unique and interesting maps.  I do not know if those are individually created or content downloaded from larger map packs, but any help in locating such files would be appreciated. 

Also... is there a map editor available for WFAS? If so, can you please let me know where I can find it?

Thank you for any and all help.

Ele

There is a "map editor" mod for the game, it's basically called Scene Editor. You need to be host on a server or host a server on your own to make scenes.

Making scenes is a hard process, however there are some YT and TW guides, you should look for them.

Basically you have to enable edit mode when the configuration screen appears after starting the game. Then just get a blank map and have fun with it  :iamamoron:

Hey Marth!

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  I will look into that.  This could be a new way to challenge ourselves - strategic maps are kind of short in MP.

Well so far most I see are instructions for Warband... I am not sure if they apply to WFAS. Also, your maps are specifically for duels - and they rule out mp Battles.  Do you have any MP Scene pack for WFAS?  or instructions for them?

they apply to WFAS in principle.... duel maps use special spawn points when you switch these maps in the battle mode players will spawn randomly...
Elendil said:
or instructions for them?

what do u mean ?

Upload to server?
  Build own Maps ?

Wolf and lightman, guys add me on steam... Would be nice to chat on steam. 

So in other words, the map pack that was mentioned by lightman can actually be used for MP battle?

yes it can, but the spawn points of the both teams will be randomly, but u can change this with low effort.

the most important thing u need is the scene_editing_module, the difference between the normal and the edit module is that the edit module have empty custom_maps.

i saw this module in a forum a long time ago, so i cant post a link -.- ... but the module is very widespread in the wfas community.

i'am sure u can find someone who use the module, its no problem to copy the folder over ts or teamviewer for example.

1. copy the scene_editing_module in your modules folder
(located in programs x86/steam/steamapps/common/wfas/modules/...
2. open the folder
3. open the ScnObj folder
4. paste in the custom maps from the mappack

if u have the module and paste in the custom maps u can follow the instructions of this video -->

the guy in the video dont use the scene_editing_module in wfas so u can ignor the first part until 01:44 and follow my instructions...

but if u just want to change the game mod the most important thing for u is to deal with entry points...
the guy in the video explain a bit how they work and where u can find them...

but he explain only the entry points for siege, for battle u only need 5 entry points.

(the map for duel will be full with entry points i think there will be 120... u have to delete them all :3)

now if the map is empty of entry points u can set 5 new entrypoints.

1 entrypoint = Team1 u set 0 in the var field
2 entrypoint = Team2 u set 32 in the var field
3 entrypoint = possible flag spawn u set66 in the var field
4 entrypoint = possible flag spawn u set 67 in the var field
5 entrypoint = possible flag spawn u set 68 in the var field

Well I'll download the pack for sure if these duel maps can be used in battle.... In fact I think that it would make it a bit more interesting...

The main problem with wfas editing is that I can't even find the Native folder in Wfas. I can find it in war an but not wfas.

I'll look for that editing mod meanwhile.

Damn that was easy lol!!!

To be honest I thought the map making here was a easier than all this... For example, in TW mp maps were basically set of coordinates on the main map.  So once you know the coordinates you can get the terrain in the mp by calling the coordinates.  I noticed that in editor here there is a code that's generated, so I was wondering if once you generate the terrain and enter the code into scene folder whether that will allow it to pull the map in MP?  It seems however that additional cording is needed to determine spawns points for battle mod.

Hey Randal,

So in other words, once the code is generated, everything that appears on it before its generated will be visible in MP if I just enter the code... but any elements including terrain features like customized hills patterns that are created after the code is generated, will not be visible on MP map, right?

And what spawn points?  Will the map be usable automatically for all the game mods - battle, co op, deathmatch and etc?

Elendil said:
Well so far most I see are instructions for Warband... I am not sure if they apply to WFAS. Also, your maps are specifically for duels - and they rule out mp Battles.  Do you have any MP Scene pack for WFAS?  or instructions for them?
well this is a mappack for wfas tbh and as you can see on the steamgroup which i linked befor the first 5 are battlemaps :smile:

Elendil said:
Hey Randal,

So in other words, once the code is generated, everything that appears on it before its generated will be visible in MP if I just enter the code... but any elements including terrain features like customized hills patterns that are created after the code is generated, will not be visible on MP map, right?

And what spawn points?  Will the map be usable automatically for all the game mods - battle, co op, deathmatch and etc?
here is a old mapping tutorial of mine :smile: sry that the spoilers with examples dont work (since the webside changed this was just copied and the spoilers are gone now....)
and since I am not active in steam it might be a better idea that u pm me on taleworlds :smile:

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to respond and help, guys. I'll download the pack as soon as I get home. I'll also check out your tutorial.  Much appreciated.

I am also wondering if there is a possibility to have custom maps made for a fee, incorporating certain design features.

I am not sure what you mean with design features....
If you mean different object then the normal ones the answer is no, but you can have several features by scripting but tbh I am not abled to do stuff like that.

I mean features that are included in the editor.  In other words, creating maps using editor features that are available.  If I was to draw up a basic concept for say 5 maps, will it be possible for someone to create those maps?

And one more question... Will all these extra maps appear as additional maps in Mp or will they be replacing the original MP maps?

Elendil said:
I mean features that are included in the editor.  In other words, creating maps using editor features that are available.  If I was to draw up a basic concept for say 5 maps, will it be possible for someone to create those maps?
I would be abled to do that I guess. Contact me via PM when u got some paintings
Elendil said:
And one more question... Will all these extra maps appear as additional maps in Mp or will they be replacing the original MP maps?
Depends on what further tools you are useing:
If you use Pouls admin mod you can add 20 "normal" custom maps and 10 custommaps for siege.
Without any admin tool u need to replace native maps or write further maps into the scenes by editing the module system :smile:

Back
Top Bottom