Making a yari crouchable

Users who are viewing this thread

Jasontheiii

Recruit
Playing the gekokujo mod and want to figure out how to change a weapons stats so it can crouch, I have basic knowledge on modification like name changing of weapons or stat changes on gear

Jasontheiii said:
Playing the gekokujo mod and want to figure out how to change a weapons stats so it can crouch, I have basic knowledge on modification like name changing of weapons or stat changes on gear
Crouchable or couchable?

If it is the former then you must tick the "is_pike (WFAS)" flag. If the is the later you have to enable "covers head/couchable".

As in crouch lance and I don't understand what you typed so can you walk me though it as if I was a simi clueless idiot ?

You need Morgh´s, it is a very useful tool that allows you to edit everything on items, troops and a few more. (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,105928.0.html)

With that tool you must open Gekokujo, find the yari you wish to change and, depending on what you mean by "crouching lance" do the next:

-Couched lance as in lowering the yari while riding at full gallop so you can skewer the enemy: Take a look at the section called "Flags", it is to the left followed by "Capabilities" and "Modifiers". In that section you must find an entry called "covers head/couchable". You will see a small empty square by its side, just tick it. Click "Update item # number". Do this for each item you wish and then click "Save Changes".

-Crouched lance as in crouching while on foot and bracing it to take an enemy cavalry charge. Once again look at "Flags" and tick "is_pike (WFAS)", it is near the bottom. The rest is exactly the same.

According to the wiki (http://gekokujo.wikia.com/wiki/Gekokujo_Polearms), most non-pike Yari are supposed to be couchable, but I have found in-game that none of them are. What's up? Has this been changed in a patch with the wiki being outdated? Or is something wrong with my game?

Hmm... I didn't play 3.1 for too long too long but I remember it having a lot of extensive changes to the gameplay and being rather buggy in some places. In fact recommend either downloading 3.0 or Aruda's version instead.

Though yeah, maybe Phlpp decided to it out in that version and wiki's outdated.

Oh, thank you for that. It says on ModDB that 3.1 is savegame compatible with 3.0, so I can probably assume that the same will be the case the other way round, right?

Back
Top Bottom