Major Successes

Users who are viewing this thread

The new skill system is new and great.

The game looks good.

All the new features, especially taping an NPC portrait to talk to him, are fantastic.

I absolutely love the clan/family system. It'll be especially great for any Games of Thrones mod.

The new recruitment system is different and great although I think it could be improved some.

Atmosphere in scenes feel much more alive.

-The variety (landscapes, fauna and flora, troops, weapons and armors, architecture, etc.)

-The quality of architecture, especially the interiors which are wonderful and very realistic

-The world map

-Detailed map icons (some seemed downgraded in comparison to what we saw in previous blogs though)

-Horse animations! Stunning

-Death animations, very satisfying

-The sight distance, almost a realistic horizon

-Scene borders

-The atmosphere, which was non-existent in Warband, now seems very good

-The two equipment slots

-Many details such as horsemen brushing their horses, different footsep sounds whether you walk on mud, wood or rock, etc.

I like that there are different sets of laws governing the different factions, each with their own sets of drawbacks and benefits.

Minor factions are a genuinely great idea and I can't wait to see how they work. Some of them remind me of the bandit uprisings that would occur in floris. Those were horrible, unrealistic and needlessly punishing. This seems to be handled a lot better.

Villages have militias now.

You can garrison your companions. (As shown in 2016)

You don't have to walk through town by yourself

The UI is massively improved though as minor criticism it doesn't seem to follow a coherent aesthetic theme.

Towns and villages are big and engaging

Great world map, I can't wait to see it in your scene editor.

Horses in battle - the way animations blend into each other, complemented by mane/tail physics, brings a new dimension in realism.

Animated animals are magic - geese flapping their wings, chickens scuttling about (slightly less dust please), unsaddled horses in stables, mule/camel mounts, penned pigs. Wonderful. Please take a second look at sheep, they look weird and consider adding flying birds (like the Crusaders Way of Expiation mod for Warband) if you can still use vertex animations in scenes.

Scenes and crowds are brilliant - civilians look beautiful - I hated Warband's neck problems.

Notables, clans, minor factions all add impressive content and depth.

Battle flags - I love cloth physics. I just don't want banners back mounted. Please consider a fixed vertical left hand hold that overrides other animations for that hand/arm only, allowing standard one-hander animations to continue for the right hand/arm.
NPC99 said:
Fighting standard bearer test in OpenBRF.

NPC99 said:
Latest fighting standard bearer test, using supernode's rippled mesh as my CWE flag looked flat head-on.

Up close it looks twisted, but it may be OK if it's only carried by bots. The pixel shader attached to my vertex shader needs changing or tweaking.

Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to early access/beta testing.

Cavalrymen also seem to be much smarter than in Warband. When they hit a formation of troops, they don't just stand there to be butchered. Instead, they use the speed advantage to provoke chaos in the line and then keep riding away, only to come back again and repeat the process.

What I'm worried about though is that spearmen, which are supposed to be their natural countermeasure, aren't really that great at timing their strikes or cooperating with other spear-armed units.

I would like to say that in the last gif about cloak I am not just impressed by the cloak physics but also the fact that 2h swords arent lightsabres anymore.

In WB for some reason no matter which part of them you hit the enemy with or how fast it hit, it dealed massive damages.
I assume this is the work of the new combat system which takes everything into calculation.

I knew it was implemented but nevertheless it is good to see how it works out.

I'm sure some of these have been said. I have a large list of very detailed, even minor things from WB to Bannerlord that notes every positive change, even as minor as hover info being more informative, yet simpler. I tried to list more notable things here.
  • Equipable horse armors/saddles
  • Redone inventory system with quick sell/buy, categories, sorting options, and equipping companions from inventory and loot screens
  • Redone horse system. They aid party weight and map movement while in inventory, become injured and need replaced, and need horses to equip troops to cavalry
  • Skills progress with use, new perk system
  • Family and dynasty system. Perma-death. Continuing play as siblings and children to create a real legacy
  • Custom weapon making. Weapons that can be salvaged to gain unique crafting parts
  • Town/village accessibility screen
  • Alleged new enterprise and trade system that features dynamic and meaningful economy
  • New recruitment system
  • Siege weapons, siege equipment, siege defences. Just absolutely redone and more interactive sieging
  • Towns and villages immersive and lively

Arnulf Floyd said:
This thing is already presented in VC and AWOIAF

Please quit undermining Taleworlds for their work in bannerlord by constantly crying that such and such feature was already in a mod for Warband. It's not a bad thing that they're taking ideas that we love and fully implementing them into a sequel.

I`m excited about minor factions and increased faction depth in general!
I also really like the new UI, it`s so much more handy than the clunky menus of WB.

I also think this thread was really necessary. It`s easy to be so occupied with the things you`re worried about, you forget the things you`re really waiting for.

Large and smoother battles
Improved spears
Pretty people
Castle and village are same fief
Expanded and easier modding support
Modern and simple UI
Encyclopedia
Total War sieges

Warband is a good game but a child compared to Bannerlord

Let's be honest, as much as we all love warband, it fails to recreate medieval wars in a lot of ways (but take note that it's still an awesome and fun game, even within its lacking) . Bannerlord fixes that. There, major success. Let's all have some juiiice baabyyy

I had to think for a while before posting, and it was hard deciding between saying individual stuff I loved but that weren't mentioned yet, or repeating what others said. I have decided to try and be as broad as I can, and repeat what others said, and I'll try to be brief, since I am naturally inclined to write essays on the smallest of topics. They are in no particular order, but I say that aging and dynasty/family system are definitely my favourite features.

- I can't not say that I am really happy with the current state of the game, so: I am really happy with the current state of the game. I know this isn't actually helpful, but I have to say that in the last 2 years, it never looked so good as it was in gamescom. (which seems natural, but I can't imagine the amount of effort you put into it)

- Aging, Time and Family system. This is absolutely what I wanted, and you are working towards it. 'nuff said

- Families, Clans, Minor Factions, the political sphere: it is the macro version of the family system, the game would be incomplete without this. In sum, what KhergitLancer said:
KhergitLancer80 said:
-I am reaaaaaaaaaally happy with the depth of lore and political/bloodline structures in Bannerlord; clans, families, subfactions, orders wow ! And what is even better is that they seem to have a really strong and engaging lores behind them ! Good job TW ! Good job Steve Negus ! Especially those two orders one of them was about keeping the old ways of Imperial military and the other one was about first protecting the poor but then turning to evil, I am very curious about the lore of Calradia !

- Animations: with the sole exception of one-handed animations, I absolutely LOVED everything, even the walking, which most thought looked awkward. As others said, it really shows how much attention and love you've put into them. My gripe with 1h-anims is that they are too similar to M&B's animations, and even without shields, they look like they're made for shields.
What I believe to be the "problem" is the "lack of flexibility" on arms and shoulders, they seem stiff (just so we're clear, the animations are not bad, thus it is something I am still very happy about). The latest gif (from 13/09/201:cool: showed, in so short a time, how awesome the overall animations work, look and feel, and it is awesome.

- Cloth physics: Banners, capes, cloaks, SWAG. I damn love me some beautiful clothes waving with the wind and movement.

- Sieges: even if people think you've taken them out just because you haven't spoken about it (lol), the siege system you implemented seems absolutely fun and dynamic.

- Armour/clothes slots for civilian/military and horse armours. Need I say more?

- The board games and influence system: "small" but complex things that add tons of depth and variety.

- The lore, encyclopedia and the writing in general. I absolutely loved the writer devblog, and this depth is what I want from an rpg and sandbox.

- Dynamic systems and simulations - the world does really feel alive and consequential.

- The graphics: they look astounding, and they look humble enough to run on lesser rigs, so that's absolutely a plus, since I've been a low-mid end gamer for my whole life, until I spent a boatload of money on powerful parts, which was not easy.

- Seasons, weather. Oh yes.

- Scene design: battle maps, campaign maps, icons, etc., architectural designs, cultural designs... Everything related to the geographical and built world.

- Style and cultural design: factions, clans, armours, clothes, weapons, horses... Everything looks really diverse, fun, believable. It feels like a small believable universe. This is what we've been expecting since the announcement.

- Recruitment system: yes, it seems better, also more believable, and less of a hassle. Less grunt-work.

- Skill system and perks: this one amazed me, I did not expect that from gamescom, but it sounded absolutely awesome. Still hope we can get us some 1000 stat man, but nothing can be perfect.

- Characters: women and men look more human, even the really ugly ones. And the height variety seems really impressive. Something to give a different feel on enemies each time you fight them. And npcs seem much more interesting, even if many have the usual shallow dialogues.

- Troop types really look awesome: simple, yet diverse, but not overly complicated. Precisely what I want: to create efficient, good and manageable armies.

- The UI looks slim, professional, streamlined. It looks seriously good and efficient.

- Weapon crafting. Oh boy, this is... amazing.

- The music: I NEED me some good music, and the soundtrack sounds absolutely amazing and fitting. I would not mind if you released it as "extra". But, and it is a positive but, if you have the resources, it would be interesting to hire the musicians and compose more songs. They did a wonderful job.

edit: fix'd typos and sentences that barely made any sense.

Back
Top Bottom