Main quest possibly glitched [Spoilers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Basically, I've reached a point in the main quest where I can't seem to get any new objectives, and the one I thought I completed is still there, as if I hadn't. I went to Praven to meet Rolf after he helped me, and he told me to ask the tavern keeper about a warrant. I did that, and the tavern keeper gave me the quest to hunt down female bandit gangs. I hunted down all of them, and eventually their leader showed up, and the cutscene played. After that, I went back to Praven, told the tavern keeper, and got my money.

After that, I'm not sure what happened. The "Hunt down female bandit gangs" quest said it was completed, but under "Mainline Quest" it still says "Finish the task of destroying forest bandits, given by the tavernkeeper of Praven." When I talk to Rolf in the tavern, he says the same thing he did before the quest; to go ask the tavern keeper about the warrant. If I ask her, though, she doesn't offer the quest again. I'm guessing this isn't supposed to happen.

With no way of getting that done, I tried working on my only other "Mainline Quest" objective (hopefully sidestepping this problem) which is to continue following the star horn. For that, my clue is "The holy force is locked somewhere, or it is there to represent the highest glory for the stronger." I figured this meant winning a tournament, but I've already been through about 12 of those and gotten nothing but money and special rewards.

Is there anything left I can try? I've started searching for the "4 clues" so I have that to keep myself occupied with right now. But is there a save file that I can edit somewhere to advance myself to the next part of the main quest? Naturally I don't have any earlier saves of my character, so it means basically having to start over from the beginning, which would really suck.

I'm unsure about your issue with not being able to go beyond the hunting forest bandits thing...

But for the National Tournament, you need to go talk to one tavern keeper in each kingdom about recent events or whatever it's called where they normally tell you about lords needing some task done. Mine was in Praven, so you could start with that kingdom just in case it's hard-coded to be in Praven.

Hope this helps :smile:

Hm. Well, I asked around all the major cities and nobody's got any other advice other than the usual lord's tasks. So I dunno what to do at this point. I may just have to start a new character and edit the character file to get all my stats back from before. I'm gonna miss my Tang Sword, though.

If you're keen on keeping your save and not starting over again, you could just wait for one of the mods to come online and potentially answer your question about the glitch, just going around killing things in the meantime... gather an army, invade kingdoms, etc.

Sorry I can't be much more of help, I'm at my University and not on my desktop at home, so I only have what I got off the top of my head.

Im having this problem as well, I killed the ten, got the renown and the well done from the tavern keeper and now Rolf keeps repeating himself, it is annoying.

After all 10 parties of bandits you'll be asked by the forest bandit 2nd leader to meet their main leader MELVA after the cutscene you can return to Dhirim to talk to rolf FIRST talk to the tavern keeper to claim your prize and THEN talk to rolf you'll need him in your party so you challenge him to a duel with BLUNT weapon after you beat him he'll join your party SIMPLE.

Most people stuck at this point so I ask you HAVE YOU MEET MELVA THE FOREST BANDIT MAIN LEADER AFTER DEFEATING ALL 10 PARTIES OF BANDITS YET?! Some may defeat all of 'em near a city then enter the city WITHOUT wait a bit I think that's THE PROBLEM! I don't know how to fix it too...

Waiting doesn't work, nor does killing a bandit and waiting. Ill start a new game because I need an evil account but it would be nice if you could fix the bug.

that part of the mod worked ok for me remember, you have to hunt down something like 10 groups of bandits. the stories is oftenly cut by some farming.

You've mentioned the tournament.

It isn't a normal city tournament, you have to ask a tavern keeper (for me I've found the right tavern keeper in the khergit area) about gossip (or another option) and one of them will talk about it and let you proceed with the quest. Fortunately nora_lee wrote about it:

nora_lee said:
1) You have met Garneeve and beaten Hel;
2) Visit one of the other three countries than the two where you got the first two gems. Talk to tavernkeeper and ask "What are people talking about these days..." to get his/her reply with the news about the National Tournament.
3) Talk to the boss of the tournament. He will tell you how to enroll.
4) Finish the quests to be qualified to participate into the National Tournament. (Qualifications: First, 5+ relationship with the king, AND the other, 21+ scores in sum for melee fights/tournaments or 75+ relationship in sum with the king/lords. * You will earn 7 scores when you win a melee fight/4 scores for a tournament, but lose 1 score if you failed.) Note: You should do the melee fights within the country where the National Tournament will be held.
5) Join and win the National Tournament. (DO NOT forget to back the special award)
6) Achieve the third gem and a special award.

Lilly112 said:
We didn't mention any tournament. . This is about getting Rolf into your party.

SonOfWinterAndStars said:
With no way of getting that done, I tried working on my only other "Mainline Quest" objective (hopefully sidestepping this problem) which is to continue following the star horn. For that, my clue is "The holy force is locked somewhere, or it is there to represent the highest glory for the stronger." I figured this meant winning a tournament, but I've already been through about 12 of those and gotten nothing but money and special rewards.

Is there anything left I can try? I've started searching for the "4 clues" so I have that to keep myself occupied with right now. But is there a save file that I can edit somewhere to advance myself to the next part of the main quest? Naturally I don't have any earlier saves of my character, so it means basically having to start over from the beginning, which would really suck.

Ctrl+F.

Back
Top Bottom