M&B: Realism

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could also drop dead at some stage, an asteroid may hit Earth, aliens may invade or Bush may start WW3 while he still has the opportunity.

Zaro said:
It will be released once I've uploaded it. However, I can't tell you when it will be uploaded.*

*Edit, not entirely true, I can say with confidence that it will be uploaded within 2 years.

Haha, well that's precise.  I don't care how long it takes, it seems like you're putting so much work into this mod that i'd give it a try even if M&B 2345678 was out when it was released.  it'd be like having you waste all this effort if we didn't play it at least once to give it a shot.  looking forward to this mod!

Don

Don Lionheart said:
Haha, well that's precise.  I don't care how long it takes, it seems like you're putting so much work into this mod that i'd give it a try even if M&B 2345678 was out when it was released.  it'd be like having you waste all this effort if we didn't play it at least once to give it a shot.  looking forward to this mod!

Don

by the time that version of m&b is out, it will be older then the stoneage o_O

it seems like you're putting so much work into this mod

I suppose it'd be similar to other mods hours-wise, it just doesn't feel like much to me since I have a lot of free time and don't spend much of it modding. It also helps to be able to spend 5-6 hours on it at once rather than spreading it over a couple of weeks.

Zaro said:
it seems like you're putting so much work into this mod

I suppose it'd be similar to other mods hours-wise, it just doesn't feel like much to me since I have a lot of free time and don't spend much of it modding. It also helps to be able to spend 5-6 hours on it at once rather than spreading it over a couple of weeks.

There's so many new features and changes in this mod, it just seems like more than any mods i've seen.  i haven't tracked the development of them all, but this one appears to have more than the ones I have.  the list of things you've already done, plan to do, and are doing now is just astounding to me personally.  And then trying to get all of the requests that people make included in here, and responding to all the posts so quick, i don't know, to me it seems like if no one ever played the mod, then there was no point in even doing all the work in the first place.  and if people who make all the requests don't play even after you've included what they say, it'd be so much wasted time and energy.  i think that's what its all about, know that a whole lot of people enjoy your mod, and that the work wasn't for nothing, but that's just me.  anyways, keep up the great work!

Don

And then trying to get all of the requests that people make included in here

I've never been trying to get requested, as I know exactly what I want to do. I'm sure some suggestions made it, but I'd be surprised if it's more than a few.

and if people who make all the requests don't play even after you've included what they say, it'd be so much wasted time and energy

If I was making it just to play it then the mod wouldn't be worth it anyway, as I'm sure I'll have spent more time working on it than I will playing it. I don't see anything as a waste of time, but gaining new skills and experience, even if it will never be used again. Even if I do reach a stage where I don't want to continue, I will still release what I've made so far. I feel confident I'll finish it though.

as far as getting everyones requests...you should know you wont please everyone..make it to your specifications and if others like it they like it...if they dont...oh well!

Hey Zaro, I don't know what you think is appropriate music for your mod, but a suggestion for travelling/in village and town music is some of the tracks from the Kingdom of Heaven soundtrack. I have it if you want to hear some of it if you haven't already.

Tibertus said:
Hey Zaro, I don't know what you think is appropriate music for your mod, but a suggestion for travelling/in village and town music is some of the tracks from the Kingdom of Heaven soundtrack. I have it if you want to hear some of it if you haven't already.

The one you hear when they're burying balians dead wife is great, just at the beginning after the Intro song, the song I mean starts when it says "France 1187 AD" or something like that. Searching through the soundtrack but can't find it.

Sorkenlol said:
Tibertus said:

The one you hear when they're burying balians dead wife is great, just at the beginning after the Intro song, the song I mean starts when it says "France 1187 AD" or something like that. Searching through the soundtrack but can't find it.

Maybe you're looking for Burning the Past, track 4.

Tibertus said:
Sorkenlol said:
Tibertus said:

Maybe you're looking for Burning the Past, track 4.

Nope that's not it. It has more instruments, cheerful if I recall correctly.

Sorkenlol said:
Tibertus said:

now THAT would be nice music to have for a game like this...just makes a mod like this look (and sound) better and better

Nope that's not it. It has more instruments, cheerful if I recall correctly.

It's certainly not cheerful. More like a light sadness I think. It is a good track.

as far as getting everyones requests...you should know you wont please everyone..make it to your specifications and if others like it they like it...if they dont...oh well!

I already know I won't please everyone, and I'm not looking to please anyone. I'm making the mod I want to make and if other people enjoy it then that's good. I'm already including quite a few things that many people won't want to put up with in their gameplay. Permanent death? Loss of equipment and heavy ransom after battle? Less easily replenished forces? It's probably going to be good for people who don't feel native is punishing enough in failure, but it's going to be a horrible mod for people who expect to come out on top (as seems to be the norm in today's games).

Found it guys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=070rxq_lqIw&feature=related

Better sound quality and epicness in the movie though.

Zaro said:
I already know I won't please everyone, and I'm not looking to please anyone. I'm making the mod I want to make and if other people enjoy it then that's good. I'm already including quite a few things that many people won't want to put up with in their gameplay. Permanent death? Loss of equipment and heavy ransom after battle? Less easily replenished forces? It's probably going to be good for people who don't feel native is punishing enough in failure, but it's going to be a horrible mod for people who expect to come out on top (as seems to be the norm in today's games).

I think those factors which may put people off will drive me to play more. I have found in native I have been using lighter armour and harder settings which is a step up because it is different to my normal playing style. But I do admit I will probably get ticked off at times which is all part of adapting to a new style.

Here's the song zaro, with good sound quality and all. Will make a very good song for towns and villages: http://rapidshare.com/files/161137343/01_-_France_1186.mp3.html

Sorkenlol said:
Here's the song zaro, with good sound quality and all. Will make a very good song for towns and villages: http://rapidshare.com/files/161137343/01_-_France_1186.mp3.html

very nice selection

Zaro, if you are in need of music, I can whip up some free tracks for you.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/144198

There's one of my cinematic pieces. Ignore the first 30 seconds or so. It's a terrible intro, but the music afterward is fairly good in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom