Lord Fief Management

Users who are viewing this thread

Vlydya

Recruit
After I completely built up my first castle and village, I took my second castle and promptly gave the first castle and village to my (new) first lord.
When I gave that first castle away, it had 5 trainers, and was producing 10 troops per day, and the max garrison amount was significantly higher than the current number of troops.
After a few days/week I noticed that it was no longer producing troops and existing troops were not being trained.
This pissed me off so I took the castle away from the lord, which of course pissed him off a little.
When I checked Fief Management, my 5 trainers were gone (and of course troop production was 0 per day)!!!

Is this working as it is supposed to? If so, I guess I won't be giving castles away early in the game anymore...which means now I have to pay for all those troops I have garrisoned there :smile:

Yeah, I've noticed lords don't bother to use the garrison function that the barracks provides...  they do, however, build barracks, archery ranges, etc if the buildings aren't there and use them to upgrade troops.  They also will stock the garrison at around 110 troops if it is lower than that.  They never seem to go higher.

they MIGHT (i dunno) go higher if you give them plenty of villages (give em a town and they will put most of their troops in the town)

A town usually causes a lord to run around with 500+ troops xD

Nothing348 said:
they MIGHT (i dunno) go higher if you give them plenty of villages (give em a town and they will put most of their troops in the town)

A town usually causes a lord to run around with 500+ troops xD
Nah, that's their armies, not the garrisons.  One of my lords has 15k right now because I gave him the castle that had king Graveth in it and he sold him.  (I forgot :oops:)  His army is massive now though!

Hm, well maybe thats the standard garrison, like towns usually sit around 300 (shame you can never rename a city to SPAAAAAARTAAAAAA!!!),

(maybe its hard coded?)

Whats happens with lords when they only get a castle, without the nearby village, will they get broke after a while?

Yamchu said:
Whats happens with lords when they only get a castle, without the nearby village, will they get broke after a while?
Yes, they will go broke.  When they do they stop upgrading fiefs, upgrading units, and expanding their army.  Lords who feel their army is too small like to just chill in their castles not doing anything.  Whereas when they have a 100+ man army, they loot enemy villages and lay siege to their castles and towns on their own.

Update!

So for a while, I was just giving this same lord (from first post) villages, he eventually had four or five. Each village fully built, so he was getting some cash flow I suppose. Then I started giving him castles with trainers. He let the trainers stay, new troops continued to be recruited from the villages, and the trainers did their jobs. So I guess it was all about cash flow.

BTW, if my town has, say, 10 militia, the trainers seem to train in ones or twos, but if it has 120, the trainers seem to train dozens at a time. I will visit a town that I haven't been to for 3-4 days, and there will be 50+ waiting for upgrades.

I can't remember if it was the same in the castles...

Vlydya said:
Update!

So for a while, I was just giving this same lord (from first post) villages, he eventually had four or five. Each village fully built, so he was getting some cash flow I suppose. Then I started giving him castles with trainers. He let the trainers stay, new troops continued to be recruited from the villages, and the trainers did their jobs. So I guess it was all about cash flow.

BTW, if my town has, say, 10 militia, the trainers seem to train in ones or twos, but if it has 120, the trainers seem to train dozens at a time. I will visit a town that I haven't been to for 3-4 days, and there will be 50+ waiting for upgrades.

I can't remember if it was the same in the castles...

Town Trainer are buggy atm I had one town recruiting around 200 new soldiers over night :mrgreen:

aequo animo said:
Town Trainer are buggy atm I had one town recruiting around 200 new soldiers over night :mrgreen:

It was supposed to be fixed with patch 2. Are you sure your version is correct ?

Twan said:
aequo animo said:

It was supposed to be fixed with patch 2. Are you sure your version is correct ?

I wasn't online last few days so a second patch is news to me^^
Are the merc guild quest fixed now?

I have a problem and a question:

My lord are not garrisoning their castles.  Their personal armies grow, but when the lords leave the castles there is no garrison left: the castles have 0 units in them.  I am the Antarian Empire and about ~100-150 days into the game.  I have three castles and their corresponding fiefs which I have given to lords I have recruited.  The castles are Grunwalder, Reindi, and Alburc.

I did not notice this problem at first because I garrisoned the castles with my own units right after I captured them and left the units in the castle even after I gave the castle to the lords.  After awhile I either pulled my units out of the castles or gave them to the lords personal armies.  This is when I noticed that the castles didn't actually have their own garrison and after about 30 in game days the castles still have no garrison.  This makes the game extremely difficult as I have to either recapture the castles over and over as they are taken when the lord leaves them or maintain a separate garrison in each castle that I have to fund myself.

My question is how do I get my lord to increase the castle's garrisons?

Yes I have.

I think with the amount of bugs I have encountered in this latest version, I will probably roll back to v4.1; which is a shame.

Though I would still like to have help figuring out how to get my lords to garrison their castles.

You have to wait for some time, like a month or so. And he will garnison troops. But as i said it is going slowly. Dont expect much :grin:.
Also ally lord are slow to regain their troops :sad:

I never saw the use for lords (at least earlyish game like 75-100 days in) I have more than enough administration to control everything and having to give away one of my precious castles would kill me :razz: I currently maintain 150 man garrisons in 2/3 castles and 350 in my main castle (the first one is very sentimental :razz:). Not to mention I dont think my villages have enough cash flow for a lord to flourish.

Took my first castle, built it and the village up, took my second castle and gave my first castle and village to a lord.  He quickly burnt through his cash now he just sits in his castle doing jack all.  I can't order him to raid around a village.  He doesn't have the money to train more troops even though there were 5 trainers in the castle when I gave it to him.  What options do I have to get him started?

Back
Top Bottom