Link to “Hidden” Ninja Mount&Blade 1.011 Patch

Users who are viewing this thread

Cyclohexane

Knight at Arms
As many of you know (and many of the forums are unaware), Taleworlds graciously updates Mount&Blade for us adding useful features, increasing stability, and removing bugs. 

Unfortunately, they do not always update the patch #, make available old patches, or release any patch notes.  Quite awhile ago they released a 1.011 patch that removed the 32 troop type limit but it was pulled back and replaced for an older version.  I have no idea why because it runs extremely stable on my Vista64 Nvidia GeForce8800. 

Download here:  M&B Repository 
Size:  381 MB (399,934,609 bytes) / Size on disk:  381 MB (399,937,536 bytes)

This patch is save game compatible, simply install over old copy (no need to uninstall first) and enjoy the troop cap limit being removed!
Right click and view properties to verify you have correct “mountandblade_1011_setup” patch.  The size of old patch currently on the Taleworlds website is:  Size:  380 MB (399,385,059 bytes) / Size on disk:  380 MB (399,388,672 bytes)


SoD has a unique way of upgrading troops that does not decrease performance on battlefield (same gear on XP troop) but the old patch makes lots of troop types and companions a hell to micromanage.  Taking out this troop type limitation combined with all the new variety of troops, is a wonderful experience. 

Enjoy the patch!
 

Cyclohexane

Knight at Arms
thelight9 said:
the full download doesn't work' i get this error :

Looks like you got a corrupt download somehow.  Check to make sure the filesize is the same.  It definately works, I tested that one out in that exact link and installed with no issues. 

I never tested the patch though. 
 

Nameless One

Veteran
Does this patch remove the troop type limit in the game engine for all modules or does it just enable SoD to work without troop type limit?

I've downloaded and installed the patch. Testing it with another mod and the troop type limit is still in place.
 

Cyclohexane

Knight at Arms
Nameless One said:
Does this patch remove the troop type limit in the game engine for all modules or does it just enable SoD to work without troop type limit?

I've downloaded and installed the patch. Testing it with another mod and the troop type limit is still in place.

It removes it for the game engine, not just SoD.  It will work on all mods.  However, I never tested the patch, I downloaded and installed the full game version.  I tested and verified it worked correctly.  I am not sure what the new troop type limit is, but I had about 45 different troop types before I gave up counting. 

Please download the entire module, install, and let me know what you find out.  I am wondering if they did not up-date the patch.  That would be very sloppy work...

As a side note, I had saved a copy of these in a folder and when I downloaded again, I noticed that only the full version changed in file size, the patch version stayed the same.  It is possible the patch is older than the full.  If you download and test the full, we can verify that. 

 

Nameless One

Veteran
I've tried both, and nothing works. My troop type limit is still 32 types. The full version is of exactly the same size as the full version I already had: 380.8 MB
 

Cyclohexane

Knight at Arms
Nameless One said:
I've tried both, and nothing works. My troop type limit is still 32 types. The full version is of exactly the same size as the full version I already had: 380.8 MB

The file size I have above is 399MB. 

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? 
 

Computica

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBWF&S
Cyclohexane said:
Nameless One said:
I've tried both, and nothing works. My troop type limit is still 32 types. The full version is of exactly the same size as the full version I already had: 380.8 MB

The file size I have above is 399MB. 

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Make sure you guys right-click on the file and then go to properties so you all can see where it says file actual size rather than the size of the file on your hard drive.
 

Nameless One

Veteran
Here's a screenshot of my Windows 7 properties of the file I downloaded yesterday and its Total Commander comparison with the file I already had and was using to play M&B since 1.011 was released.

http://i53.tinypic.com/vesmb.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/2pry17c.jpg
 

Nameless One

Veteran
Someone should share the hidden patch. Pretty please?

pweaze.jpg
 

Computica

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBWF&S
thelight9 said:
i have the same problem and the size of my file is 380MB. help?

If the file opens up and installs without error, and the file you have is from the taleworlds site. Then you all have the latest patch. Cyclohexane you really need to defragment your hardrive.
 

Nameless One

Veteran
Computica said:
thelight9 said:
i have the same problem and the size of my file is 380MB. help?

If the file opens up and installs without error, and the file you have is from the taleworlds site. Then you all have the latest patch. Cyclohexane you really need to defragment your hardrive.

Computica, I've downloaded both the patch and the full setup. I tried to update the 1.011 version I have installed and to do fresh install and my troop limit is still 32. I've posted a screenshot of compare by content between the full setup file I downloaded and the one I already had and was using to play M&B for years with 32 troop slots. The screenshot means that the two files are the same, bit to bit. Please defragment your own drive if you think it helps, download the latest version from taleworlds, install it and check if you have the 32 troop slots limit before suggesting that serious people are wrong because of something as stupid as drive fragmentation.
 

Computica

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBWF&S
Nameless One said:
Computica said:
thelight9 said:
i have the same problem and the size of my file is 380MB. help?

If the file opens up and installs without error, and the file you have is from the taleworlds site. Then you all have the latest patch. Cyclohexane you really need to defragment your hardrive.

Computica, I've downloaded both the patch and the full setup. I tried to update the 1.011 version I have installed and to do fresh install and my troop limit is still 32. I've posted a screenshot of compare by content between the full setup file I downloaded and the one I already had and was using to play M&B for years with 32 troop slots. The screenshot means that the two files are the same, bit to bit. Please defragment your own drive if you think it helps, download the latest version from taleworlds, install it and check if you have the 32 troop slots limit before suggesting that serious people are wrong because of something as stupid as drive fragmentation.

I've tried this already and my version of M&B is still the same. I never said you all were wrong, I said you all were right. If you defragment your hardrive, the size of the file on disk should be the same as the actual size of the file itself. So I'm guessing until taleworlds releases something official like they always have done everyone has to wait. Plus this "Ninja patch" won't fix the rgl error for Windows 7 and ATI GPU users.  :razz:
 

Cyclohexane

Knight at Arms
OK,
Now I am a little ticked off.  Because Nameless One was having problems, I decided to dowload and reinstall to see what was going on.  Now I am limited to 32 troop slots again. 

It does still fix the bug with the troop dialog errors, but they seemed to have snuck in yet another patch without notification.  I have numerous reports of the patch working and removing the 32 troop type limitation, seen screenshots, and even counted 45 myself.  But after recently downloading from 2 different servers, they seem to have reverted back to an older version (or newer version with that feature removed for some reason). 

Can anyone with a working update please place it on a server or make a torrent to share?  I stupidily copied over my saved version and no longer have it (and now stuck with 32 troop types). 

Thank you!


Computica said:
If the file opens up and installs without error, and the file you have is from the taleworlds site. Then you all have the latest patch. Cyclohexane you really need to defragment your hardrive.
Not sure what you mean there.  My drive defragments on a schedule once per week.  I was right clicking on properties and read both the size and size on disk of the installer file.  For reference:

Size:  380 MB (399,385,059 bytes)
Size on disk:  380 MB (399,388,672 bytes)
 

Computica

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBWF&S
Cyclohexane said:
OK,
Now I am a little ticked off.  Because Nameless One was having problems, I decided to dowload and reinstall to see what was going on.  Now I am limited to 32 troop slots. 

It does still fix the bug with the troop dialog errors, but they seemed to have snuck in yet another patch without notification.  I have numerous reports of the patch working and removing the 32 troop type limitation, seen screenshots, and even counted 45 myself.  But after recently downloading from 2 different servers, they seem to have reverted back to an older version. 

Can anyone with a working update please place it on a server or make a torrent to share?  I stupidily copied over my saved version and no longer have it (and now stuck with 32 troop types). 

Thank you!


Computica said:
If the file opens up and installs without error, and the file you have is from the taleworlds site. Then you all have the latest patch. Cyclohexane you really need to defragment your hardrive.
Not sure what you mean there.  My drive defragments on a schedule once per week.  I was right clicking on properties and read both the size and size on disk of the installer file.  For reference:

Size:  380 MB (399,385,059 bytes)
Size on disk:  380 MB (399,388,672 bytes)

No your fine, I thought someone said the download is  399mbs it's actually around 380mbs
 
Top Bottom