Legendary equipment?

Users who are viewing this thread

I used to enjoy this mod and I'm thinking of starting it up again. Are there any unique swords and similar in the mod now or only regular armors and weapons? (I read that theres an anime sword but I think that would spoil the atmosphere for me :smile:

There is nothing massively overtly anime enough to spoil things for you. There are a few anime/pop culture references like the ninja sword or the Sabakato which is from an anime. But they don't appear in the inventory of any troop. Their only place of existence are shops that you can buy them in for your self or your companions. And they don't look any different than regular weapons. You won't see anything silly like a Buster Sword.

I think my question wasn't properly worded. I'm actually looking to find some high quality armor or swords like in mods like pendor or brytenwalda. Not anime, just high quality. I know the mod maker talked about making some items that were made by special blacksmiths and wonder if its implemented now.

There's nothing explicitly unique or one of a kind, but there are quite a few distinct subtypes of swords and weapons in the game that can get very, very expensive, are very potent, and are not really used by any troop type that sort of fill in the same niche. Masamune or Muramasa weapons, for example, can reach pretty incredible prices with the right prefixes (a balanced Masamune katana costs a good 15-20k, which is a pretty significant amount in this mod considering costs across the board are much lower than Floris or PoP).

shaelor said:
I think my question wasn't properly worded. I'm actually looking to find some high quality armor or swords like in mods like pendor or brytenwalda. Not anime, just high quality. I know the mod maker talked about making some items that were made by special blacksmiths and wonder if its implemented now.
What do you mean by high quality? Do you mean better stats, or 'looking awesome'? If you are searching for better stats, there is this nanban armor which has very big protection and is expensive (16k above?), or if you are looking for awesomeness.. Idk, there is no unique armor, maybe there is a few in Suguroku submod?

KhivalrousBear said:
shaelor said:
What do you mean by high quality? Do you mean better stats, or 'looking awesome'? If you are searching for better stats, there is this nanban armor which has very big protection and is expensive (16k above?), or if you are looking for awesomeness.. Idk, there is no unique armor, maybe there is a few in Suguroku submod?

I mean both. Seems the mod hasn't changed in this area compared to when I last played it. Thanks for the replies and information though!!

There are no special weapons, at least I didn't find them, but weapons are classfied by the smith who made them and those weapons are slighty stronger then regular named (Masamune Nodachi is stronger than Nodachi, for example).

PPQ_Purple said:
the Sabakato which is from an anime.

Actualy Sakabato is real. Read this info about the one they found. :smile:

haitch40 said:
Which is the best smith game wise? I am assuming Masamune?

Yes, Masamune is the greatest and also his student Muramasa was one of the greatest. There's even interesting story about Muramasa challenged Masamune. You can read it on wikipedia if you are interested. :grin:

Don Zekalone said:
haitch40 said:
Which is the best smith game wise? I am assuming Masamune?

Yes, Masamune is the greatest and also his student Muramasa was one of the greatest. There's even interesting story about Muramasa challenged Masamune. You can read it on wikipedia if you are interested. :grin:
What is the damage and speed rating on say a masterwork Masamune katana?

haitch40 said:
What is the damage and speed rating on say a masterwork Masamune katana?

I have no idea, I didn't played MB for 2 weeks at least, I was very busy, and curently I play as Ikki monk, using naginata and bow. You can always start new game and use cheats to see almost all weapon in the game, so have a fun. :smile:

PPQ_Purple said:
Don Zekalone said:
Actualy Sakabato is real. Read this info about the one they found. :smile:
Well I'll be damned.

Don't worry, you're not damned, that's an ordinary ken-nata, they are commonly known as ikebana knives (for flower arrangement), there is absolutely nothing rare or unusual about it... at all.
Simpler versions would be commonly used by commoners for cutting grass, bushes and other tasks.
So it's not some weird ultra rare pacifist weapon, if sakabato really existed then the N.B.T.H.K and/or the N.T.H.K would have informed us of their existence by now, and these societies exist for the study and identification of Japanese swords, if they say no, then it's no, not possibly or maybe...... just no.

Also, Muramasa was never a student of Masamune, as the first generation Muramasa (there were 3) was born about a century after Masamune had died.
It's funny how Masamune hogged all the fame and took credit for everything when his master who's work already shows Soshu tradition influence was pretty much forgotten.
Mind you that none of the muramasa smiths were evil or insane, it was all just a slander campaign from shogun Tokugawa Iyeyasu who could then legally disarm some of his enemies with this cheap trick  (a rather expensive trick for his enemies who had to replace a lot of swords and spears).

Some ken-nata pictures:
post-134-1194711572.jpg

post-6-1159275846_thumb.jpg

post-34-1195301557_thumb.jpg

nata.jpg

:wink:

Don Zekalone said:
Wrong expression, I meant student of his school (I think he is, it's been a while since I study them).

Yeah that makes sense, I't been a while for me as well as I focussed on armor at some point, it's not as easy to get into.

Kokan Nagayama's book says: "Sengo Muramasa, Ise Province.  Oei era (1394 - 142:cool:.  There are several generations and the sugata shows the characteristic features of each period" So I may have stated another generation when I said "as the first generation Muramasa (there were 3) was born about a century after Masamune had died".
O-notare and sanbonsugi hamon suggest Soshu and Mino traditions, that would make sense.

Anyway, not master and student for sure.

Ichimonji Hidetora said:
Yeah that makes sense, I't been a while for me as well as I focussed on armor at some point, it's not as easy to get into.

I've been studying history for some time, and I know that feel. To much names and details (since I have a lot of books), so It is hard for me to remember armors and weapons names/styles/etc.

Speaking of legendary, is anyone else irked by the mongol sword? Damn thing is beyond huge.
The chinese sword, now that I think about it, doesn't really fit random pirates too much, even if they are foreign.

Tovias said:
Speaking of legendary, is anyone else irked by the mongol sword? Damn thing is beyond huge.
The chinese sword, now that I think about it, doesn't really fit random pirates too much, even if they are foreign.

I played before as Chinese mercenary, with chinese weapons and I liked it a lot. Mongol swords were big in real life too, but they are slower than katanas.

Don Zekalone said:
Tovias said:

I played before as Chinese mercenary, with chinese weapons and I liked it a lot. Mongol swords were big in real life too, but they are slower than katanas.
Are there mercenary troops you can hire in this game?

Tovias said:

Yes... it's an abomination, it fits the "Cloud's buster sword" category.
It's such a shame, I'm also irked by the sakabato anime sword (it's misspelled in the game).
The reason for them being in the game? "Because I can", well... you can't argue with that.

Tovias said:

If it was up to me they would be wielding Naminohira katana & wakizashi, swords from this shool were very popular with sailors because of the auspicious name, including pirates.
The name means calm waters (nami: wave, hira:flat), they were made in naminohira village just south of Kagoshima city, Satsuma.

Maybe I will create a submod for this one day and replace the Chinese swords... maybe, I really want the Japanese swords to get period correct mountings first (something like Tensho koshirae).

Back
Top Bottom