Kony 2012

Users who are viewing this thread

Well its already huge over here in the U.S.

Obama could make himself look good by taking this guy out, or in..

ohh, and yes, it is worth it...

It's about capturing a war criminal by raising global awareness. I just don't see how raising global awareness will help arresting a warlord in Uganda.

This happens everywhere. Kony isn't the first warlord to do this, but I do have to say the touch of him making the children kill their parents is nice. Feels like our very own action villain.

Legolan said:
Well its already huge over here in the U.S.

Obama could make himself look good by taking this guy out, or in..

ohh, and yes, it is worth it...

Don't know when this video is made but he already has.
Obama is sending around hundred armed soldiers to Africa to aid Central African joint ops in capturing Kony and his command chain.

In May 2010, U.S. President Barack Obama signed into law the Lord's Resistance Army Disarmament and Northern Uganda Recovery Act,[16] legislation aimed at stopping Kony and the LRA. The bill passed unanimously in the Senate on March 11, 2010 with 65 senators as cosponsors, then passed unanimously in the House of Representatives on May 13, 2010 with 202 representatives as cosponsors.

In November 2010, Obama delivered a strategy document to Congress, asking for more money to disarm Kony and the LRA.[17]

In October 2011, Obama authorized the deployment of approximately 100 combat-equipped U.S. troops to central Africa.[18] They will help regional forces “remove from the battlefield” Joseph Kony and senior LRA leaders. "Although the U.S. forces are combat-equipped, they will only be providing information, advice, and assistance to partner nation forces, and they will not themselves engage LRA forces unless necessary for self-defense," Obama said in a letter to Congress.

So yeah, it's not like anyone hasn't heard of him before.  I hope very much that when the time comes for Kony to get ****ed up, this video isn't praised for it.
Even though it has all the heart and effort, and a bit over drama if you ask me, it has nothing to do with the military operations that have been on-going for the past decade.

In 2006, the United Nations mounted a covert operation to capture or kill Joseph Kony. A squad of U.S.-trained Guatemalan Special Ops soldiers set out into Congo's Garamba National Park, a longtime LRA refuge and the scene of the 2008–2009 Garamba offensive. Trained in jungle warfare and accustomed to surviving in the bush for long stretches, the Guatemalans were equipped with M-16s and the latest special-operations technology. Five LRA soldiers were killed and none of the Special Ops soldiers survived. According to one account, the commander of the Special Ops soldiers was beheaded. The battle, which lasted for several hours, included hand to hand combat. Reports put the U.N. dead at eight to forty. The LRA left the corpses in the jungle but took the weapons—including heavy machine guns and grenade launchers.

He sounds well protected, at least. Killing special forces and ****. I know what works against that. Some 155 mm Howitzers, a couple AC-130's and a whole lotta bomber planes. Just to finish it, you could nuke his damn hiding place. The US always likes to look like a savior and a hero, but puts too little effort and money in things like these, but rather in some damn desert/mountain/jungle occupied by guerilla forces.

Vulpes Inculta said:
This happens everywhere. Kony isn't the first warlord to do this, but I do have to say the touch of him making the children kill their parents is nice. Feels like our very own action villain.

Sounds like a real life DF overlord.

I say we make a movie about him. A Seal team gets put together to kill off this warlord who's terrorizing American freedoms or somethi--- Oh, wait.

I just watched the video and planned on making a similar topic until I saw this one.
It's worth every minute to watch. Half hour, hour, even two.

When I get my paycheck next week, I'm definitely putting money into the charity/foundation.

http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/qlc3u/invisible_children_stop_kony/c3yil0i

Before you donate all your money to their cause.

EDIT: But wait there's more!

http://theeducatedfieldnegro.tumblr.com/post/18894846735/we-got-trouble

That's exactly what I don't like about this video. I like the effort and the cause it has been made for.
But it's all about a violin playing in the background and the documentarist filming his child and Jacob crying.
So that people can give money and feel good.

At the moment the only people  who can directly affect the conclusion in over this matter are Obama who has been working on the matter for over two years now, and the military forces of central african countries that are going to work together to destroy LRA. Not the people who press like in facebook and give few hundred bucks to charity, but the actual people who are going to be in the jungle hunting these people down.

More over, would that operation be succesful, I imagine no one would be expressing gratefulness to United States special forces and Central African goverments but instead this documentary, as if it had anything to do with it. I'd expect to see **** like "WE DID IT" "WE WERE LISTENED" in their facebook page etc. Even though the ball has literally been rolling for almost a decade in UN and other international organizations. 

It doesn't really matter how many people in West coast and the Nordic countries know about Kony and what he does with LRA, when it's completely different people who already know him, what he is and are working to stop him.

And then there's of course that-
http://ilto.wordpress.com/2006/11/02/the-visible-problem-with-invisible-children/

Back
Top Bottom