Native Completed Kitten's Badly Organized Outdoor Brawl (K-BOOB)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlackTide said:
BigBoss said:
Yay!
Since me being able to login tomorrow is questionable and I want to be the first one, can I sign up now?
Easy there BB, I got here before you.
BlackTide said:
Blixn said:
May Europeans join? :O
I'd assume so although I guessed you'd have to play on American servers like the Americans played on Euro servers in Lust's tourny.
I would also like to offer my sexual services to any of those interested in having them.

First person to sign up = BigBoss:

(POM_)BigBoss/Dante: Any - Any, but I prefer archer - PST

WHEN A! MANNNNNNN! LOOOOVES A SPAAAAAWNNNN!

do do do do~

ain't no tellin-

Actually, he just picks his spawn after the other person picks their faction. Map 1 - Faction 2 - Faction 1 - Map 2. So I'd avoid picking maps like Ruined Fort if I was Team 1. =P This will be added to DA RULES. GIAF, hereafter known as TIAF (do the work yourself :neutral:), I expect great things like proving TIAF. B)

Kitten-mew! said:
WHEN A! MANNNNNNN! LOOOOVES A SPAAAAAWNNNN!

do do do do~

ain't no tellin-

Actually, he just picks his spawn after the other person picks their faction. Map 1 - Faction 2 - Faction 1 - Map 2. So I'd avoid picking maps like Ruined Fort if I was Team 1. =P This will be added to DA RULES. GIAF, hereafter known as TIAF (do the work yourself :neutral:), I expect great things like proving TIAF. B)

So, team 2 picks spawn first? Or team 1?

For the sake of demonstration, Team 1 will pick, say, Ruined Fort. Team 2 picks Nords. Team 1 picks Vaegirs. Team 2 will pick which spawn they want.

Kitten-mew! said:
For the sake of demonstration, Team 1 will pick, say, Ruined Fort. Team 2 picks Nords. Team 1 picks Vaegirs. Team 2 will pick which spawn they want.

I get it now, the team that chooses faction gets to pick spawn. Yay!
As simple as that, kitten.

I do think that may present too much of an advantage to team two, but then again team one gets to counterpick a favorable faction...

Kitten-mew! said:
I do think that may present too much of an advantage to team two, but then again team one gets to counterpick a favorable faction...
I suspect, rather than granting an advantage to team two, it will just restrict map selection (no one will take Port Assault, Village). You should totally change to the EU spawn swapping method...

What's the EU spawn-swapping method? :smile: If it could improve the fairness of this tournament, I'd be glad to see it! To be honest, though, Ruined Fort, Port Assault, and Village are already iffy maps for battles. Or at least, that's how I feel.

Kitten-mew! said:
What's the EU spawn-swapping method? :smile: If it could improve the fairness of this tournament, I'd be glad to see it! To be honest, though, Ruined Fort, Port Assault, and Village are already iffy maps for battles. Or at least, that's how I feel.

I think, that after the maps/factions are chosen at the end of the set the map is played again with teams in the other faction they didn't first play.

Example:
1st set (7 rounds)
Map - Nord Town    Team 1 - Nords      Team 2 - Vaegirs

2nd set
Map - Nord Town      Team 2 - Nords      Team 1 - Vaegirs

The main problem I can see with this is that without predetermined match-ups, I can see pretty much nobody picking any faction but Nords, Vaegirs, and occasionally Rhodocks. Mostly because those two (three?) factions are the most popular and can quickly adapt to any spawn, whereas Swadia has trouble against all three of them, Sarranids seems to counterpick Swadia and have a good chance against Vaegirs but lose horribly to Nords, and Khergits are up for banning (taking a leaf out of the NC's book!).

MrNomNom said:
Can we have a rule where a team can't choose the same faction twice in a row?
OR forbid the use of the same factions between sets. Like if Vaegirs and Nords are used in the first map, you should pick other factions that aren't those two.  That'll add a bit of variation to the match ups and encourage teams to get good at other factions that aren't nords or vaegirs.

Kitten-mew! said:
In EU most maps will be played both ways, like this:

Port Assault: Team 1 Vaegirs - Sarranids Team 2 (best of 5)

Port Assault: Team 2 Vaegirs - Sarranids Team 1 (best of 5)

This counters any spawn/faction advantage because both teams play each way.

Hmm... I'll have to think it over. Thankfully. I have around three weeks to mull it over but you're starting to win me over. It's not like first-to-seven is set in stone. I do also like the idea of not repeating -any- factions to add some variety. :smile: Great ideas, folks, I'll be adding and modifying some rules tomorrow! Feel free to keep scanning the rules and suggestion improvements, I like helping. ^^

Kitten-mew! said:
Hmm... I'll have to think it over. Thankfully. I have around three weeks to mull it over but you're starting to win me over. It's not like first-to-seven is set in stone. I do also like the idea of not repeating -any- factions to add some variety. :smile: Great ideas, folks, I'll be adding and modifying some rules tomorrow! Feel free to keep scanning the rules and suggestion improvements, I like helping. ^^

Glad to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom