just a quickie (too many variations stickler)

Users who are viewing this thread

twinsens

Squire
hey guys, trying again to build my mod up but I'm having trouble with an error and i'm truly stumped.

I'm working with Morgh's, using native as a base. When launching the mod I got "too many variations on mesh:Boar Spear" but i'd not actually touched the boar spear (or the other tutorial spears towards the beginning of the item list that shares it's mesh) and after creating some dummy meshes I've got beyond that error and hit another one.

Too Many Variations On Mesh 61 (which is a simple reskin, same item type as before.)

here is the itemkinds entry -
itm_arena_tunic_green Arena_Green_Woad Arena_Green_Woads 1  awoadgreen1 0  16777229 0 27 123731968 2.000000 100 0 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

maybe one of you can see whats wrong in there...

EDIT: still completely stuck behind this problem, I've tried changing the item back to it's native entry too see if that would make any difference and no, still too many variations on mesh 61. Native boots up fine but my mod won't despite entry 61 being exactly the same as in native. I think half of this is I don't understand the nature of the problem.

does Mesh 61 mean Item 61?
why did I get variations on mesh errors with the Boar Spear (which I hadn't touched,) when Native is fine to have three spears that use the same mesh?
I got past the Boar spear error by creating some duplicate spear meshes (with unique names, no spaces or underscores) and having the 'Boar Spear', 'Tutorial Spear' and 'Spear' use those new meshes but that won't work for mesh 61.

SO confused

Back
Top Bottom