Is this mod playable in its state?

Users who are viewing this thread

Dynastiew

Recruit
I know it's a beta but i can't possibly download 3Go (base + patch) to play a beta that i will drop 1H after starting because of a bug rendering the party unplayable  :cry:.

So i made some research on the forum the bugs are:
- Where it changes your entreprise to mill.
- When you try to buy an entreprise it says you already have a mill in the town.
- Some building you build are destroyed.
- Archery crosshair is not precise.
- ?
Those are the only bugs i read about are there others? And how much Archery is screw because i love archers they are my favorite unit nothing better than watching the ennemy troop dying before coming to the contact of my units .

Thanks you for the mods, oh great modders :smile: and for the people who will answer me.

Thanks for answering :smile:.

I read that it was possible to change some data in the module.ini for archers, if i do will i have to make a new party and does it influence archers unit or only me ?

You can change the armor soak values and this will influence both player and NPCs.Reducing the armor soak values will make armor absorb less damage and this tends to benefit ranged units.

I wouldn't recommend tweaking armor values to compensate for archers at all - they really don't seem underpowered in groups. If you are trying to use a scattering of a few archers then yes you are going to have a bad day; but in ranks and set up on terrain like they are supposed to be they will mow infantry down. If you are expecting archers to stop an armored cavalry charge you are going to be disappointed. If you are expecting archers to kill Rhodok Champions you will also be disappointed.

I play this mod already very very long time. I finished it's probably 5 or 6 times.
I really like the arches in other modes but this one is simply no other. One of the great advantages of this mod is very very  thick armor. Do not change it because you get such a mod like any other. Set on copies and hammers and enjoy this really great mod.
In this mod you can feel what it really means to have armor :smile:

Greg

The mod is not only playable, but also very enjoyable as it is now:

So far I've only find one bug, and is not gamebreaking since the only thing you have to do is to watch your weekly budget frecuently and whenever you see an enterprise giving you negative values you go to the city, visit it and turn the autoselling on again. This uses to happen when you first buy the enterprise, and is very easy to fix ingame. I was one of the most strict fan since the first release of this mod (you can see my posts in the nexus), and I've made a lot of critics before this state of the mod, but as it is now you can really enjoy it. However, if you want to use a bow with your main character you may reconsider it, because you need a REALLY high proficiency in archery in order to avoid missing a lot of targets (over 500). As it is right now, I'm just using a Crossbow and it is far better, only a bit slower...

Throwing weapons are fine too. You'll miss a lot (same as archery), but since this kind of weapons are very short ranged you will often land the shoot even if it's not very accurate. However, for far shoots I'll rather reccomend crossbows over bows in order to enjoy your sniper character.

Back
Top Bottom