Is there a way to disable bandid scaling?

Users who are viewing this thread

eturt

Recruit
It's for balance and bla, bla, bla, but it looks so unrealistic. Is there any way to make them not depend on the player?

eturt said:
It's for balance and bla, bla, bla, but it looks so unrealistic. Is there any way to make them not depend on the player?

wait for modules release and you can mod the game and change how the mechanics (like bandits spawn) work. You could try a text tweak, but good luck figuring that one out without the source.

kraggrim said:
kalarhan, update_party_creation_random_limits maybe? Or is this a relic of pre-VC systems?

you can try it, but you will find out some stuff missing after a few weeks (or months)  :wink:

@kraggrim is in the case, so lets wait for a new tweak on the Tweaks Thread

kraggrim said:
kalarhan, update_party_creation_random_limits maybe? Or is this a relic of pre-VC systems?

kalarhan said:
kraggrim said:

you can try it, but you will find out some stuff missing after a few weeks (or months)  :wink:

@kraggrim is in the case, so lets wait for a new tweak on the Tweaks Thread

It looks like the maximum is set in the usual 'party_templates.txt'. So potentially reducing that maximum could cap the bandits party size. Although editing that script would be a better way of doing things, this could be a good band aid solution to not having 100+ bandits in a party.

erennuman_mb said:
I like to see 80 Thieves around, but when it comes to Vikingarnir x:

Then capping the party size could be great for your situation then. You could have it so thieves still have the usual size while the vikingarnir's maximum could be 50, (or any number you want.)

I quite like that they scale, there must be limits already in place as I've seen 250 thieves walking about but have never encountered Viking parties that size, most I've ever seen is about 80.

Although when it's 80 Northmen then you need quite a decent army to defeat that. I think the game instead needs to spawn bandits of various sizes randomly maybe only one or two parties of >80 and the rest a mix of lower values, would be a much better solution.

QWW said:
It looks like the maximum is set in the usual 'party_templates.txt'. So potentially reducing that maximum could cap the bandits party size. Although editing that script would be a better way of doing things, this could be a good band aid solution to not having 100+ bandits in a party.

I think this is probably the best solution for now. Morgh's should be compatible, or MB barracks I think.

CeltiberoCaesar said:
The game have a limit on the strenght (no the size) of the parties. So while you can see big bandits parties, the viking will be much smaller.

Isn't the maximum set by capping the party size in party_templates.txt?

kalarhan said:
QWW said:
CeltiberoCaesar said:
The game have a limit on the strenght (no the size) of the parties. So while you can see big bandits parties, the viking will be much smaller.

Isn't the maximum set by capping the party size in party_templates.txt?

not in VC

This is interesting, it looks like it plays a role in the amount that spawns. To test I set the bandit parties to spawn with only 1 of each troop. For example I set the maximum amount of troops in the Robbers party to 4. Usually the robbers would have 40+ but instead they had 6. So it looks like you can't cap the party, but you can alter their size.

Back
Top Bottom