Resolved Infinite Dialog Loop

Users who are viewing this thread

Haikon

Recruit
Summary: I just convinced a lord (Fafen) to join my kingdom (vlandia) when I met him out in the field. After paying him ~1 mil denars to do so, the scene exited back to the world map, but immediately upon trying to move, Fafen engaged me again with hostile dialog. I had no option to respond with hostility, as the game recognizes him as an ally. However, once exiting dialog, he would immediately initiate hostile dialog once again. This repeats infinitely and the player character cannot move. Reloading does not fix this issue.
How to Reproduce: I honestly have no idea how to reproduce this. There were many groups around my position. I've done this before and haven't had issues.
Media (Screenshots & Video):

(You can see that Fafen is friendly and part of Vlandia in the latter 2 screenshots)
Version: 1.0.8
Computer Specs
:
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1070 Ti
CPU: Intel i5-6600k
RAM: corsair DDR4 16gb
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung SSD 500gb

+1
I had this issue in my save as well after persuading someone to become a mercenary vassal that was trying to attack me.
I was locked in a siege as a result, however, the mercenary army eventually decided not to attack me (after like 5 conversation starters) and instead went to attack someone else.

Unfortunately for me, the damage was already done and my siege was inaccessible so on that campaign (my favourite to date), I'm stuck infinitely in siege mode with no escape :'(

I found a solution. Send that npc a gift that will get you back to the map. Then turn on the cheating mode and teleport to other places. Find a file in the folder, modify the parameter to 1 to open the cheating mode, ctrl+left mouse button to blink. This solved the problem.

+1 Happened to me as well.
Unfortunately I didn't realize it was bugged until after I saved, meaning both my autosave and quicksave are now stuck in an infinite conversation loop.

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this topic when it was first created. If you are still experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please leave a reply to this thread so we can forward to the team for investigation.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom