Resolved incorrect client state - Can not play multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello! I have been unable to play multiplayer since launch. ATM when i open bannerlord via steam, i select multiplayer, and launch the game. The i get to the login screen, and it just tells me: Incorrect client state, please restart your client. I have tried to go down versions (currently on beta), reinstall battleeye, set settings to lowest, disable my firewall, launch the game via the local files on my pc, please help!

P.S. Game is awesome.

Hello! I have been unable to play multiplayer since launch. ATM when i open bannerlord via steam, i select multiplayer, and launch the game. The i get to the login screen, and it just tells me: Incorrect client state, please restart your client. I have tried to go down versions (currently on beta), reinstall battleeye, set settings to lowest, disable my firewall, launch the game via the local files on my pc, please help!

P.S. Game is awesome.

Hello, thanks for reporting.
There are no servers on Beta branch at the moment. You need to be on default branch where version is m1.4.2.236056
Could you please opt-out of beta branch and check it again after making sure the version is correct?

Hello, thanks for reporting.
There are no servers on Beta branch at the moment. You need to be on default branch where version is m1.4.2.236056
Could you please opt-out of beta branch and check it again after making sure the version is correct?

Thanks for fast reply, downloading earlier version now, giving update in a few minutes.

Okay, I did as instructed. I get to the login screen, click login, and get the same message.
Further more, i am unable to launch the game again when i close the multiplayer version, since steam cant stop it, so i have to restart steam to try again, is that usefull information?

Malmman confirmed that following instructions helped them solve the issue. Here they are for future references:

Please try following these steps to help us solve the issue:
  1. Make sure that you are on correct branch on Steam.
    • If you have not changed your branch as explained here you should be on correct branch. Please check if client is up to date.
    • If you have changed your branch, make sure you are either on default (NONE option) or latest version branch. MP servers for Beta branch are opened only for testing purposes.
  2. Make sure you have installed required dependencies.
  3. Try verifying game files.
  4. Make sure that you have updated your Windows to latest version. Also if you are using Windows 7 make sure to install Platform update for Windows 7.
  5. Make sure that your anti-virus is not blocking the game client.
  6. Make sure that your firewall (and your router firewall) is not blocking the game client.

Back
Top Bottom