implement flags on troops for singleplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

I need to implement flags on my troops, to make them look more likeable. Automatic flags.
In multiplayer everyone knows the flag capture mode ..... well, So I would like to have a troop, which apart from being a soldier with a weapon, carries an automatic flag, since I only made a flag type spear that a soldier loads. , one chooses how many standard soldiers you want, but there is a problem, the troops of the armies of lords recruit too many standard soldiers and it is the only weapon that they possess and they also go to the front of the battle without many possibilities, instead if they had a real weapon at distance and carry that automatic flag, they would be one more soldier who would serve your purposes.

Solution
I solved this as follows:
I took the "Banner" troop from the troop updates and added it to the reinforcements of module party_template, with a range of 0.1, thus, they appear to me in the armies of the lords, but in very little quantity and for me to have a Banner troop, I put a soldier in the taverns of the capital cities who offers himself as a banner bearer and costs the same as it would cost to upgrade a troop in order to have one.
I am not really sure at this point if it's a multiplayer or singleplayer question, seems to be latter one. If you want to have a flag like in the CTF-mode, look up how it is done there and adapt the code lines for your purpose. Otherwise you will need to use submeshes.

Upvote 0
I am not really sure at this point if it's a multiplayer or singleplayer question, seems to be latter one. If you want to have a flag like in the CTF-mode, look up how it is done there and adapt the code lines for your purpose. Otherwise you will need to use submeshes.
I added a submesh to the soldier's suit, but without attaching it to any bone, so that it stays upright and it worked perfectly...
I had already tried before, but the flag attached it to a bone but it looked ugly because the soldier always kept moving even though the bone was the abdomen (the one that least moved)

Upvote 0
Another solution would be to adapt the CTF-solution. You will need to adapt the script for singleplayer if you want it used there, you still didn't note anywhere if it is for SP or MP.
It is for singleplayer hahaha, at first it worked but later they bugged and later they do not appear: /, so I think I will leave that so no more, because adapting the ctf code for single player, for me it would be very complicated, if I had known, I would have done it without asking here, don't you think?

Upvote 0
Yeah, but if you would have tried you could have written down what you did and others could have make suggestions for how to improve the codelines, don't you think?
hahaha I will try, just to give you the pleasure hahaha although I think it will not take so little time :razz:
edit 1
I tried to put the script script_set_attached_scene_prop as trigger in mission_template and then put it in lead_charge (the title) but nothing works ... I really can't think what I can do ...
If you know something and you are hiding it from me .... tell me now !!! Hahaha

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I solved this as follows:
I took the "Banner" troop from the troop updates and added it to the reinforcements of module party_template, with a range of 0.1, thus, they appear to me in the armies of the lords, but in very little quantity and for me to have a Banner troop, I put a soldier in the taverns of the capital cities who offers himself as a banner bearer and costs the same as it would cost to upgrade a troop in order to have one.

Upvote 0
Solution
Back
Top Bottom