I'm sorry but I finally give up, what the hell are TW doing? Nothing new in 3 weeks. Whoever is managing this team needs the boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Friend,

I suggest you take some time off this game and enjoy the summer. Come back in a month or two and you'll find progress.

I understand they are refactoring their code to move forward. It's going to take some time.

Even in 2 Years and 2 month there wont be progress. I dont belive in that anymore. They should make everything open. Enjoy all the cash. And let the Modders finish the game in 2 weeks....and in 1 years the first modder teams got Mods running better than the basic game will be in 5 years. I remember not one, NOT ONE, early access Team that finished their game when early Access was sold for money. The money goes somewhere else. But not into the game!

I remember not one, NOT ONE, early access Team that finished their game when early Access was sold for money. The money goes somewhere else. But not into the game!

Eh, well. I guess you were not around for Warband then :smile:.

I understand the frustration, but let's slow down on the doom and gloom folks mkay? It's a little excessive.

I don't recall Warband being Early Access.

Well OK, when things started Early Access wasn't really a thing yet, but the original Mount and Blade went through a beta process that was as close to Early Access as you could get back then. My point is, Taleworld is slow as hell but they have a track record of finishing what they start. Assuming that the game will not see any more progress because we haven't had any patch in a while seems a little excessive to me.

more like 2 years lol. 2 months = 3 bugfixes
wtf r u talking about
Its 1 Bugfix that introduced 10 new bugs who are way worse and then get ignored

But be real. I have said it several times and will say it several times more.
We have the year 2020, Discord, Forums, Twitter, Reddit w/e. There was never a point in mankinds history where it was that easy to communicate.
And yet TW talks to us as so rarely that you might think they need to breed & train carrier pigeons send them across the globe and have the pope to verify the post on a sunny wednesday afternoon before it gets posted on the forums.
And after all, we paid for the game, Early Access or not. They have our money, that no one forced us to, but still. If you pay for a house that then gets build for you and you ask the builder how its going with it you want to get an answer. Weird metaphor but its the same in every business. But Gaming Industry. And i absolutely hate it nowadays. Every Internet Company boasts on Twitter how they are against people who hide on the internet and yet every single one of them does the very same thing.
They are untouchable for us, they could basically never read a single thread from any of us and we would never know. The next patch could be the very last one, when they say "Its done" then its done. We basically have nothing to hold them for. Except for mod tools

Last edited:
I've been here since the first M&B, and I can definitely tell you that this franchise has been a labor of love from the start. These are the last people I would ever think would pull a cash grab or bait and switch.

I do understand and share the frustration about the lack of updates, but I think the extra time will be worth it. I'd just like more communication on a rough update target, since the weekly schedule we once enjoyed has fallen off. If it is planned to be monthly now, or still weekly, or w/e, I'd like to hear about it.

Come on now... don't be like that... Star Citizen is the "Greatest Game Never Made". M&B Bannerlord is the greatest demo ever made... come back in a few months and hopefully they will have made it the game we've all been waiting many years for.

I made an account just to write this, replying to the many absurdity that I read in this thread and many other.

First, the comparison to Star Citizen is ridiculous. SC sold ships costing literal hundred of dollars that is not even yet in the game. Its alpha consisted only a single system with few moons and planetoids and perform terribly to boot. Meanwhile Bannerlord despite being barren all around, is already functional. You've got whole map of Calradia to conquer. Factions moves around, waging war to each other. SC comparison for me ironically makes Bannerlord looking like a complete game.

Then many of you accused TaleWorld for scamming and left us based on no evidence at all asides from 'lack of communication'. I'll be blunt here, have you seen your own post when asking them for to be more communicative? Of course you don't because they reads like you're holding them at gunpoint. I say "gee no wonder TW stay silent if all of you posts like this". It's embarrassing and painful to look at.

Silence does not equal of not doing sh*t. It has been in my experience of seeing an early access or kickstarter game development where people grew restless and demands more than what the developers could actually give. Worse still when people twisted whatever the developers said no matter to view their negative perception of the ongoing updates. Like taking words out of context, underestimating game development, or just straight up insults. I have seen this with Bloodstained (often said to be the second Mighty No. 9), and most famously No Man's Sky.

NMS which at the time of its release, is no better than an early access title. Being hyped to point of no return, the backlash was crazy. People actually doxing the developers and send death threats to them but especially so to Sean Murray. They went silent, for weeks, as the rages and memes went on. People accused them of escaping with the money. How the detractors are so wrong. Turned out Hello Games (NMS dev) fixing the game in silence. They address the community that stick with them, albeit sparsely. Patches after patches they keep adding features. Later patches become updates. Now NMS, after 5 years of continual development and post update support in which Hello Games mostly only communicate what they need to say and receive, has become a game that praised and applauded.

That is why silence sometimes, if not most of the time is much better than 'active' communication. Game development is not linear, and sometimes the work can get exponential. You might say Steward perks for instances only add bonuses to the fiefs you governed, but the implementation most likely will dominoed into myriad of problems. And what do you expect from 'active' communication anyway? That the devs need to gives you weekly of what they are doing with such and such? Not only that drip feeding like that would only get sneered from many of you, but there will be times when the devs promised something in such updates, pulling or cancelling the promise because it turned causing so much problem, and of course it will be the percect ammunition for yet another rage threads.

I'm starting with Bannerlord so I can only empathize with you who waited 8 years for this. Waiting for such a long time must be very frustating when the game you most hyped on for all that years turned to be a less-but-prettier version of Warband (which I dare to say even more frustating because it just make return to Warband even harder). But your frustration doesn't justify your accusation of TaleWorld being lazy or incompetent, as if they don't have their own share of frustration along those years.

Consider this: Warband was released in 2009. The vanilla game graphic from what I see feels like one, if not two, generation behind. It looks like a game from the early 2000's. The jump from that to Bannerlord is nothing sort of remarkable, if you are not accustomed to the high res mod that the modder must have putting out all these years. Even so the graphic development must have been rough because in the past 8 years, the graphical standar has moved so much (however it also need to be said that graphic standard fortunately has widen up too).

Then we have consider another outside factor. TaleWorlds is a developer based in Turkey. They don't have as much as established home market as Europe and US do. Moreover, their situation there politically (and of course economically follows suit) isn't as better. Turkey economy has been worsened ever since the Arab Spring, and take a even deeper dive still when Syrian Civil War broke out. Economic hardships must have been significantly affect the development, especially considering the scope of the game TaleWorlds aiming for.

While yes TaleWorlds has Warband on its back catalogue, I don't think that game alone able to keep the sequel project afloats. Warband following is much more small in size. When it was released on Steam, the game already several years older. The graphic standard back in the early 2010's was also not as wide as it is today. So in my opinion, until Bannerlord sold like hotcakes TaleWorlds must have run on passions because I just couldn't see Warband could keep them afloat for all this 8 years.

Yeah, now they got money they should hired more people right? Sadly it was never that easy in program, even more so game development. You couldn't just throw more programmer at the game and hoped the game done faster. There is a known pitfalls like that in software development where it more programmer just make the progress slower. Like I said, game development isn't linear and because it also not easy. TaleWorlds needs more careful consideration before hiring people by knowing which and where they need more manpower. Throwing money and hoping it works is just bad management and lots of early access and kickstarter developer does that.

That is all I wanted to say. TaleWorlds definitely not flawless in their handling of Bannerlord ongoing development, but please be more considerate to them as well. There is not anyway I could see Bannerlord in all of its barren feature as a cashgrab title. In fact, you know this too and that is why you are so frustated because you wanted to love the game in its fullest. However accusing them of not doing anything on top pile of cash wouldn't be any help either.

Just do what others has said already: quit the game for few months, then get back. That is what the NMS loyals doing since released. Hell, I even do that too with Stellaris where at the time of released is pretty sh*t in hindsight.

Meanwhile Bannerlord despite being barren all around, is already functional. You've got whole map of Calradia to conquer. Factions moves around, waging war to each other
For almost 10 years of Development, having the absolute minimum is the very least to expect. If this took them 10 years, it feels like we have to wait another 10 years for the content that makes the game worthwhile
People are mostly mad about the communication of them. And things that were shown to us in Dev Blogs nearly 4 years ago, that are not in the game, and we were never told if they got completely canceled, or just not ready or whats going on with it.
At this very moment it feels like we paid for a jack in the box. But it could be broken, or not... seller never told us

I've been here since the first M&B, and I can definitely tell you that this franchise has been a labor of love from the start. These are the last people I would ever think would pull a cash grab or bait and switch.

I don't believe many think they would do a cash grab.

I do understand and share the frustration about the lack of updates, but I think the extra time will be worth it. I'd just like more communication on a rough update target, since the weekly schedule we once enjoyed has fallen off. If it is planned to be monthly now, or still weekly, or w/e, I'd like to hear about it.
Show me to expand upon your paragraph:

1) TW didn't communicate consistently and clearly with a roadmap with milestones, 2) EA has been out for 3 months where little progress has been made in terms of a) fixing broken mechanics, b) implementing basic perks, c) fixing frame drops, d) fixing siege formations, ladders, AI, e) fixing the economy, f) fixing smithing prices, g) broken main quest line, h) diplomacy - which is over tuned now. Not a single Kingdom has declared war on me in 1.4.2 and I'm 1,300 days in, i) multiplayer combat mechanics (i don't know much about this, but large threads complaining about it in multiplayer section), j) why are 6-7 rocks killing me when I'm fully armoured? k) combat tactics commands are poorly implemented for example a f3 charge command doesn't make them charge to the flag indicator, but rather to the closest enemy and mounted archers running to close to the enemy - their range is 200, why run up to 10 meters then get caught?

List goes on.

I'm ONLY playing because of mods such as realistic battle with realistic armor, party ai, improved garrisons, fixed siege ai, party manager, auto trader, better ai troops, scum and villany, and many many others.

Without mods, I would not be playing Bannerlord.

Thank you modders, I know it's lots of work and can be frustrating. ❤️

Im sorry but i disagree. Playing thru this empty kingdom management and lack of diplomacy is hardly anyones worth. Yes it was fun at first but after a few weeks this game is dry for a sandbox. Sandbox game should have tons of replay value so measuring this game's value as worthy due to someone playing it for a few weeks or 1-3 play thru times is pretty weak point.

This sort of thing is always amusing to me, so having a game that cost less than 60 bucks, and playing said game for "a few weeks" and several playthroughs somehow doesn't equal value? how exactly is that a "weak point"? when there are plenty of games that cost 60+ dollars(with all the stupid season passes and whatnot) that will provide only a fraction of that playtime.

I don't get it, what is it people expect? a game they can play for all eternity? you should go play one of those ridiculous "game as service" things then, they're always finding new ways to nickel and dime you, and you can just keep playing the one game forever!

The original M&B went through a similar process, and there's no doubt in my mind Bannerlord will get there eventually, and there'll be some absurdly crazy full conversion mods for this thing that'll make the entire thing fresh.

For me the experience has been a lot like the one I had when I first played warband, played for some 200-250 hours, got a bit burned out, came back after a couple months, put some 100 hours more in, burned out again, then I found mods and that game is clocking at around 1.5k hours now...

To me this is just a child that got spoiled by the fast rate of patches in the first few weeks, and they should try and exercise some patience, will come in handy at many junctures throughout their lives...

There is almost, if not already, more content in Bannerlord than in Warband... am I missing something? This is clearly no "demo". It is EA and they already said they are working on it. What more do you want?
I enjoy Bannerlord more than Warband.

A month ago, when they published a big patches every week, half of the changes they did were negative. Last patch(1.4.2) was the first patch they posted by taking their time and it had all positive changes. I mean this rare patch schedule might seem slower at first but its the fastest in the long run imo, they go slow and steady.

There is almost, if not already, more content in Bannerlord than in Warband... am I missing something? This is clearly no "demo". It is EA and they already said they are working on it. What more do you want?
I enjoy Bannerlord more than Warband.

Yeah you're missing something

I'm starting with Bannerlord so I can only empathize with you who waited 8 years for this. Waiting for such a long time must be very frustating when the game you most hyped on for all that years turned to be a less-but-prettier version of Warband (which I dare to say even more frustating because it just make return to Warband even harder). But your frustration doesn't justify your accusation of TaleWorld being lazy or incompetent, as if they don't have their own share of frustration along those years.

To be honest, most of the people that I see being all doom and gloom and aaaaah we have been scammed they ran away with our money are actually new accounts. People from the old and ancient guards know that eventually TW is bound to come around (you know, in a year, or two, or seventeen), so they might be annoyed but they don't go quite that far.

I do think that there is every evidence that TW is failing at project management. There is no justification at all for the state the game was in at release after 8 years. I am more forgiving towards the development after that myself, since it really hasn't been that long and I am seeing a modicum of progress.

I don't get it, what is it people expect? a game they can play for all eternity? you should go play one of those ridiculous "game as service" things then, they're always finding new ways to nickel and dime you, and you can just keep playing the one game forever!
... that game is clocking at around 1.5k hours now...
Contradiction much?

Not everyone can afford (or is interested in) playing a new game every 3 days. This is the type of game that is expected to be played many times over many hours (as you are the witness to that).
Why is it unreasonable to expect for the sequel to contain more than the original game? Isn't it natural (or at least desired) for things to move 'forward'?
On the other hand, we have no right to expect anything from volunteer modders as if it's a given. Mods are nothing but a nice, free BONUS and shouldn't enter into a conversation about the state of the game except as a suggestion to developers of what players would be interested in seeing in the base game if it's aligned with the dev's vision of the product.

Back
Top Bottom