I'm making a mod to enable surrender for lords and garrisons

Users who are viewing this thread

screenshot10.png

Hey guys, I'm working on a Surrender Tweaks mod (a mod to enable surrender for lords and garrisons). From my testing so far, only bandits, caravans and villagers can surrender. Lords and garrisons cannot surrender.

Bandits, caravans and villagers each have two different surrender behaviors. One for a high chance of surrender and one for a very high chance of surrender. For a high chance of surrender, bandits will ask to join you while caravans and villagers will ask to pay you (you cannot attack them after that). For a very high chance of surrender, bandits, caravans and villagers will be taken prisoner by you entirely.

I'm trying to get suggestions for a surrender behavior for lords with a high chance of surrender (I'm planning to have lords be taken prisoner for a very high chance of surrender). I thought of two possibilities: one was for the lord to pay you to retreat, but it would be awkward if after that you still wanted to fight that lord. The other was for the lord to defect to you, but that would be quite OP and players would never want to take lords prisoner.

Should I skip a high chance of surrender behavior for lords entirely and just implement a very high chance of surrender behavior for them? What do y'all think?

1. Lords bribing you to spare them: this is perfectly sensible, but you need to code a cooldown period during which you can't attack them ("I already paid you, **** off")
2. Very high chance: just take them all as prisoners, defection doesn't make too much sense and is OP.

1. Lords bribing you to spare them: this is perfectly sensible, but you need to code a cooldown period during which you can't attack them ("I already paid you, **** off")
2. Very high chance: just take them all as prisoners, defection doesn't make too much sense and is OP.
Thanks for the suggestion. What about for garrisons? Would it be strange for a garrison to pay you not to attack them?

I have decided on the surrender behaviors for a high chance of surrender for lords and settlements. For lords, they will pay you to escape and disband their party. For settlements, they will pay you to let their civilians leave the city (the prosperity drops to 0 or something and you don't get much money from capturing the settlement), but the defenders won't actually surrender. They will continue to defend the settlement.

Back
Top Bottom