Idea- How to get bandits to seige castles

Users who are viewing this thread

dhowlett

Squire
Hey, well I cant test this out at the moment as im working but others can if they want. Failing that ill give it a bash later if i have time.

Using tweakmb you can change the size of bandit armys and the reason bandit armys never seige castles is because their army isn't strong enough. So i figured if you use tweakmb to give them armys of 300 units they should seige castles. Of course this would screw up your game but its worth looking to see what happens and if they create their own reble faction.

If they do then you can make it so the maximum bandit army size is like 200/300, but this doesn't mean all bandit sizes will. It would effectively add anothre faction into the game. Though its strongly advised you dont do it till you have an army caperble of dealing with 200/300 bandits. I do suspect it may destroy lord armys too easily though.

Well just food for thought :razz:

even if your not capable of taking them on, its fine to give this idea a try. a 200 man army will never be able to catch you. will be fun to see lords running from bandits for once instead of the other way round

bandit armies of that size are capable, but i dont think the game has the AI setup for them to tag locations for siege. i suspect it's scriptable, though, since the bandit gangup tweak can draw castles to join a fight (bug).

the bandits would have to have low relations with the lords and factions and not just farmers to do that (do they already?).

Well they seem to be at war with everyone so i figured they were programed as a faction but unable to seige because they do not possess the army strength to flag up nearby fiefs as targets. Then again they dont raid villages either do they. The bandits in a village is a sepearte event which is independent of the bandits them selves.

Yes, i think i've seen this - and get many thanks for releasing it :lol:

About bandids - there was some message in this forum of bandids army rise extremly dangerous and huge, so lords were actually run for their lives :wink:

bigtoebubby said:
bandit armies of that size are capable, but i dont think the game has the AI setup for them to tag locations for siege. i suspect it's scriptable, though, since the bandit gangup tweak can draw castles to join a fight (bug).

the bandits would have to have low relations with the lords and factions and not just farmers to do that (do they already?).

Castle's joining in isn't all that bad, unless you mean neutral castles coming to help you.

Back
Top Bottom