Idea: A Comprehensive, Polite and Well Reasoned Letter of Dissatisfaction to Taleworlds?

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
So it is abundantly and painfully clear that the vast majority of us are very very far from happy with TaleWorlds..... and we all know they seem to mostly ignore the grievances of the community. But the one clear example of actually getting a response from them recently was the open letter written to them by a mod overhaul team.

So collective action actually got through. They read it... and they actually replied.

Would it be worth doing the same thing more generally about, let's say, our top 10 complaints with Bannerlord and its development, complete with all our collective name or signatures?

So two questions :

1) Would you approve of doing this?
2) What would be your own personal top ten list of complaints?

I think this might actually be a positive way of dealing with how we all feel.

I am highly aware that this kind of topic will evoke strong opinions, please, please be nice !

What's the point, they will acknowledge it but nothing will ever come from it, there's been 2 years of dissatisfaction from fans and still we're ignored because it's their vision over anything and they won't budge

What's the point, they will acknowledge it but nothing will ever come from it, there's been 2 years of dissatisfaction from fans and still we're ignored because it's their vision over anything and they won't budge

Don't give up. I think the game is worth fighting for. I'm in. @stevepine

wish they had such strong will during the decade the game stayed in development instead of now resisting the community's feedback that their game is barebones and while it does some things good it also sucks in many areas compared to it's predecessor.

Yeah i know not everything planned makes it to the final version of the game but they showed and talked about things that we saw working on previous builds only for them to be axed for being "too complex" or "not fun for the players"..

I'd like to see them forced to publicly defend their decisions on the points we raise. I think just that would be good.

They answered because they know that mods are essential in order for Bannerlord to be (really) succesful and therefore need to make sure that they do what they can in order for modders to complete their mods. They have nothing to gain by engaging with the 30 same people that spam and whine on the forum every other day. I think the best way to go about this is just accept that the game will never get to the point that you want it to. Any more "complex" feature would properly just cripple the existing spaghetti code (who really knows) and delay the release even further.

Give it a year for them to release it and then one or two more for mods to really catch up. Bannerlord will be great by at least 2024-44?

They answered because they know that mods are essential in order for Bannerlord to be (really) succesful and therefore need to make sure that they do what they can in order for modders to complete their mods. They have nothing to gain by engaging with the 30 same people that spam and whine on the forum every other day. I think the best way to go about this is just accept that the game will never get to the point that you want it to. Any more "complex" feature would properly just cripple the existing spaghetti code (who really knows) and delay the release even further.

Give it a year for them to release it and then one or two more for mods to really catch up. Bannerlord will be great by at least 2024-44?
I was thinking of a lot more than 30 people. But ok, thanks for your opinion.

I wouldn't mind their vision over anything if they at least could implement it in a reasonable timeframe.
The problem is that so little is done over so much time.

Well, taking seriously your post I think that for whatever internal reasons, a new project coming in, staff tired of developing the same game for so long with a hostile community, no economic incentives to take the game to the next level since they sold a lot on EA release,etc, I think they want to be done with the game and move on. I dont see them delaying the launch to implement some of the suggested features that we want.

What makes more sense to the company from a economical point of view its to fix current broken mechanics, get out of EA and shortly after that make a port for consoles, get the cash out of them, and then just bug fixing and hope modders can maintain the game alive on PC.

Taking requests from the community to further develop the game, adding features, just delays profit for them, both from the official release and from the console port, which becomes harder the more complex the game becomes, and console gamers are casual so they wouldnt even complain about lack of mods, instead the minority of console gamers that really get into bannerlord would be incentivized to come to PC, buying the game again so they can use Steam workshop.

I think theres pretty much nothing we can do, at best we can ask for 10 features and get 2 or 3 of them that dont cause much of a headache.

Fill the letter with sentimental platitudes and images of crying women. The secret to getting company statements is to get them emotional.
Also ask them about Mount Effect 1 while they are vulnerable.

I don't see how this would be any different from the comprehensive posts that fivebucks has made detailing the problems with the game. Thso resulted in either radio silence, or "No because Vision(tm)".

Fill the letter with sentimental platitudes and images of crying women. The secret to getting company statements is to get them emotional.
Also ask them about Mount Effect 1 while they are vulnerable.

I will eat my own ass if that turns out to be the name.

OT: I will sooner eat myself out than beg a gamecompany to improve their game. It is criminally insane that we are even considering this form of engagement only to get a response from them. We have to grovel and lick the dirt of their shoes just to get a timeline? They’re not worthy. Absolutely not.

Open your dungeon shades, water your dead plant, call Mick and your old band mates and let the sunshine in. Wont help Bannerlord at all but youll be able to Rock On nevertheless

This
It is criminally insane that we are even considering this form of engagement only to get a response from them. We have to grovel and lick the dirt of their shoes just to get a timeline? They’re not worthy. Absolutely not.

I was thinking of a lot more than 30 people. But ok, thanks for your opinion.
He's not far off the mark.

This forum is basically the same regulars posting the same bitter and sulky threads over n over. Occasionally there's something informative posted, but it's not worth sifting through all the crap to be honest. It's time to go back to just checking the patch note threads every month and waiting for release.

Good luck putting together a polite and well reasoned letter from this lot :grin:

Back
Top Bottom